Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Pushine (Putang x Sunshine 4)

Day 28 ~1400-1800~ PPFD at top of canopy pushing them hard!

Saw some people talking about Sunshine Daydreams affinity to have frosty stems and petioles which I have seen and shown too (through its crosses) heres some more proof even if a distant relative at this point :yawning_face:

Day 56 ~800-1000 PPFD~

Mendo Sunshine x Booty Day 42

39 Likes

Mothers Milk x Ancient OG F3 Day 42

Friend of mine loves giant spear shaped nugs, these are gonna make them drool once harvested.

36 Likes

Shout out to @Great_lakes_Genetics and their stellar freebies AKA Bad Dawg Genetics. Putang x Sunshine 4 or as I call it Pushine is something special, if any of you have these seeds and enjoy the deep meditating scents of a citrus funk that you can smell down the block, do not sleep on them. Gooey stickiest resin I have ever encountered, the fan leaves in veg are sticky, keeps me smelling my hands for hours after defoliating.

Pushine

Oh she stretches quite a bit too ~ 3 week difference ~

43 Likes

Man yall are killing me with these Bodhi pics, I gotta jump on this train. I usually run fems for space reasons but I’ll make an exception. What should I try as a first strain. I like smell and flavor over everything yield high don’t matter much, prefer old school type flavors like SSH, SAGE, and gdp. Any ideas?

9 Likes

Try his DLAs if you can get some.

You will never go back to fem After you tried Bodhi.

Happy growing :+1:

11 Likes

Thanks man I’ll check that one out. I was doing loads of research, and i like the looks of wookie bx1 and maybe the lemon Thai wookie. I actually prefer regs, but fems just make it so easy with tent grows.

8 Likes

Just trimmed up the Babylon Buster. Strong smell of lemon zest! I was surprised because I grew Dreadbread last year, no lemon in the profiles. Babylon Buster is Dreadbread x 88g13hp. I love lemon terps, we will see how the cure goes. This is my first 88g13hp cross from Bodhi with this terp. What I learned here is that it’s really neat to have seeds of the original cross (like Dreadbread) and seeds of another Bodhi cross (like Babylon Buster) which features a selected mama cut of the first cross, hit by his prized male. I read somewhere that Babylon Buster was a very up effect. After growing Dread Bread (not sleepy, but also not too up, kind of well balanced), I wondered how crossing it to the 88g13hp would make it head into zippier house cleaning land, but now I see. Bodhi’s cut of Dreadbread selected from many seeds popped, different from my Dreadbread (3 seeds). Wondering if anyone else got lemon terps off the Babylon Buster. I have been missing that terp since 2020!!!

23 Likes

For those not on Instagram Bodhi posted this. I really liked the strawberry goji which also used bodhi’s cut of goji.

23 Likes

Bro … passion fruit Hashplant smells insane.

Ngl i have a big hand. These leaves are ridiculous.

33 Likes

The 1 Babylon Buster I grew was tropical mango daytime. Got me curious about Dreadbread.

12 Likes

You sure Bodhi(plantmoreseeds) posted that?

I have such a problem with this line from Copa.
Like, which Goji OG cut from Bodhi? There’s 6 or so different goji cuts B uses.

And the variegated appy f4 :see_no_evil: High Lonesome spent years, going back to the F2 to make new selections to get that Appy F4 more Green Crack and less Chem D for the F3/F4’s, and here comes copa selecting the most Chem D leaner he can find from the new selection… Like, why bro? You literally just selected the complete opposite of the breeders stated goal and then you crossed it to everything so you could ride the coattails of appalachia. It’s sad imo.

23 Likes

Yes plantmoreseeds posted it. When bodhi said he used the goji og b cut it was just one cut as far as I understand. It was the one he selected that was the goji berry one. The others are named things like pinesoul, or razz and are different selections from the same line. I am with you that if bodhi (or any breeder is offering something even close I’d rather get it from them. But in this case bodhi isn’t offering this cross anymore and is promoting someone who is.

I understand he isn’t using an Appalachia much like bodhi had, and I agree on most of your comments on using that now and on other things. I still think this is an interesting cross myself.

13 Likes

I believe a certain percentage of the profits from that particular strain are being used to rebuild a temple in India, based on Bodhi’s wishes.

Edit: I read on IG that 1/2 of every penny will be donated to Nierika Seed trust to be used to rebuild said temple in India.

18 Likes

AFAIK the milky terps in B’s appy stud weren’t even what H&L was going for, which was mango from GC or something. Dunno. Same cross (different Fgens), three different breeders, three different selections. Nostalgia will move a lot of those beans, and some similar expressions may indeed be found (it’s a numbers game), but the appy stud most know and love is gone. And so nothing lasts forever, but at the same time all is not lost, as there will always be new and wonderful surprises to be found. IMHO best to be grateful and embrace the process.

13 Likes

Nah. Planymoreseeds did not post that. I follow him on instagram too and that never popped up on his insta. Great lakes genetics did post that though. Last time the plantmoreseeds account posted was on aug 12th

10 Likes

Unfortunately, yes he did. It’s on his story and not an actual post.

I agree with most of what @HolyAngel is saying but what bugs me about it, is the timing. Like why would you release Appalachia work if High and Lonesome is dropping his work of it. Some might call that Stepping on toes?

Because Bodhi is nice a lot of people use his kindness and take advantage of it.

Seed selling has always been sketchy. Fans will follow their favors breeder as if he was a God, and have never met them in person.

20 Likes

Bodhis cut = what he smokes not the phenos he keeps on hand.

Bodhi also selected for other traits. Does it make his Appalachia crosses irrelevant? What H&L wants is what H&L wants. Each breeder will select to their own preferences. I grew out frostitute (reversed uw platinum HP x Goji) x appalachia and it was pretty damn good.

If yall are mad at COPA then take it to the COPA thread. Bodhi has no problem with him doing this. I dont see why any of us should. In fact 25% of profits from heaven mountain remix will go to Nierika seed trust to build some school or some shit.

11 Likes

Ahh. Yes. I see that now. His stories never pop up on my insta for some reason. Must be a setting or something.

8 Likes

That’s awesome the profits are going to help the Temple.

Yeah breeder can select what he wants but COPA selected his own that just happened to be the literal antithesis of the entirely reworked line. Like, why lol. There would’ve been arguably better Chem D leaners in HL’s original version of Appalachia that he still has and had beans of. Or ya know, any of bodhi’s chem crosses with it. Just screams of coattail riding to me.

Same with that Sunshinefarmdaydreams dude. Like, can you ripoff/ride-on bodhi any harder please? It doesn’t matter to me if bodhi is fine with it. Bodhi is overly generous and nice and who knows, maybe they’re really good friends too. Bodhi’s probably just happy dude is donating to help the Temple more than anything else, but as an informed customer that thinks for himself, all I see is moneygrab’s and marketing.

21 Likes

Once the seed addicts and fanboys realize this, theyll stop getting scammed out of their hard earned money.

14 Likes