Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Crossposting here because this is where the idea was born. I started a thread about doing another crowdsourcing distributed growoff to find a forum keeper cut out off 100+ seeds. Have a poll up between 2 strains to see where peoples interests are.

25 Likes

It’s a great idea and I’m sure you will get a bunch of people to tag along…

6 Likes

Day 52

Lazy Lightning A - Both were hit with pollen, Could attribute to the size but I don’t see any seeds. Nice Yielder if no seeds. Lemon/pine scent from both.

C

42 Likes

Just to see if my memory is working. Appalachia male was lost because friend lost it while Bodhi was on a trip. Snow Lotus male was retired by Bodhi after he crossed it to everything. 88g13hp is probably going to be retired after being crossed to everything.
Prefer the g13 male over snow lotus cross that I’ve grown
The dream beaver linage doesn’t sound correct to me.

14 Likes

I thought Shoe at Headie gardens said a few months ago that it was already retired…

Seeds being released now with 88G13HP male are from Bs stock and more aren’t being made if I understand correctly.

13 Likes

88G13HP male already gone

12 Likes

It’s hard to compare the males without growing out a lot of packs to see the expressions… in my limited experience the g13hp male isn’t my favorite… but that’s based off just a couple plants. I’m giving it a go with the tried and true OG x G13hp combo with some Electric Cowboy to see how they turn out for me.

Snow Lotus has been excellent for me so far - calming anytime sativaish highs and easygoing plants. Goji, lemon lotus, and blue tara have all been favorites.

20 Likes

All the snow lotus stuff I’ve touched has been weak little scraggly plants. I really don’t like anything about that plant. Bodhi’s talk of ‘Feminine males’ in that line is accurate imo.

I haven’t tried anything from the 88G13HP but I’ve enjoyed what little I’ve had from the Wookie male.

I’ve spent a lot of time working around that Appalachia male though and I’ve found it rather dominating. Countless plants with virtually the same high across a multitude of different flavors and scents from the different mom’s.

27 Likes

I very much agree, and different moms will mix up differently genetically even with the same dad so it’s hard to make generalizations.

But contradicting what I just said, I’ve heard that cuts of Sour D, Chemdog, and OG variants seem to mix up nicely with 8813HP.

Peace! :v::peace_symbol:

8 Likes

Yeah exactly. I’ve also read some of the DLA lines are excellent because the moms are more dominant and stand up the g13hp more. DLA4 was mentioned in that manner with kashmir mom being pretty dominant. And yup the g13hp seems to be lauded in any cross with OGs, hoping I come into a nice plant or two in Electric Cowboy.

14 Likes

He called his snow lotus female “dirty hippy.”

6 Likes

Just gonna throw some more shit into the pile, every cross I have made with Booty (another G13HP cross) male or female, the progeny have been showing the same growing habits (high yield/frost with long internodes until the final cola) I have not grown the G13HP myself so perhaps Im missing the mark here, just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Very different experience with the snow lotus crosses I’ve grown. Favorite was the Love Triangle. Gogi 2nd. They have been mostly big growing, fast and beautiful plants. They almost look sativa with how fast they can grow. But more robust, think base and stems, with large and thick blades.

It’s probably grow style and a little bad luck. I’ve seen good results using big pots indoor and outdoor, always with organic soil with only organic teas. Also vegging with with super hps lights & MH compared to just led.

Hope to get to at least 1 of the 3 sl packs I have in the next couple years. (Goldstar, Kush 4, and Ortega Durian). Will post the grow info here when I do.

this one is love triangle. under mh 600 and shps 1000s. medium smart pot and ocean forest soil.

30 Likes

The leaves are really distinguishable and can have an almost villainous look to them.

5 Likes

@ramblinrose Did you grow out any of those Black Lotus yet?

I’ve only grown out 88G13HP crosses and have enjoyed every one so far (BT, BBHP, Electric HP). Space Monkey is halfway through flower right now, curious to see how the Wookie is. All I know is the SM is louuuuud! New carbon filter can’t keep up with it.

18 Likes

Chem D x SL

28 Likes

Every goji I’ve ran has been thin little weak stems and a bunch of herms.

10 Likes

Very good to hear! Does it have the pine aroma of the mother? She was incredibly loud for sure…

9 Likes

Wow. f1s?

Are you using just led light?

5 Likes

https://dyna-gro.com/product/pro-tekt-0-0-3/

1 Like