Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Please bless us w a smoke report once this beauty is ready. Thanks!

5 Likes

I tested that oneā€¦ won a BOM on Breedbay. Very lemony, besides being beautiful. Really nice smooth stone. Crossed it with some SSDD/Wookie testers, put out nice plants. Do you know why B did a V2?

12 Likes

anyone have any info on big j x jopa x lav lemonade?

6 Likes

I think it uses a Lemon G female vs the V1 having Lemon Diesel.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s up with the * xx * labeling on the Silver Unicorn freebies? Seems like an odd thing to put on the labelā€¦ unless these are feminized Bodhi seeds?? XX chromosomes/feminized?

Probably not, but I wonder why he put that on the labels.

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s his love gift to all the ladies? XX chromosome?

Or I may be high.

6 Likes

I didnā€™t think of that lol

I assumed they used that to mean feminized, but thatā€™s just an assumption.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think Bodhiā€™s ever released any feminized seeds, even as freebies.

11 Likes

Me neither. Iā€™ve also never seen him put * xx * on a label. That really makes me wonderā€¦. Bodhi has been reaching out of his comfort zone latelyā€¦.

6 Likes

Iā€™m going to be growing out so g13hp crosses soon. What should I expect in terms of care? Are they all pretty similar since the g13 is prominent please correct me if Iā€™m worng.

4 Likes

they need a lot of food! sturdy branches, nice big frosty heavy nuggets!

10 Likes

Are they abuse enjoyers, like can they stand aggressive pruning and training? Are typically stretchy like over 2.5 times or is that more environment influenced? Iā€™m gonna do the dragon blood v2 first it that helps context wise.

3 Likes

thatā€™s a back crossed heirloom sativa hybrid, so definitely expect it to be stretchy.
v2 is the version that was worked further to increase the prevalence of phenos displaying the ā€˜bloodā€™ sap trait, and as a result of that line work itā€™s more sativa leaning than other 88g13hp f1 hybrids.

13 Likes

Awesome good to know, so are the g13 crosses generally stouter bushes?

8 Likes

Iā€™d say in general, they range from stout bushes to big old christmas trees in my experience. they vary greatly depending on the mother used in the hybrid, but usually with that sort of classic branching structure.

10 Likes

Do they tend to bounce back vertically after topping or just bushing out? Out of context which crosses have you ran before or have close relation with?

3 Likes

I have gotten familiar with dank sinatra, guava hashplant, blue dream hashplant. Particuarly the guava, Iā€™ve grown a lot of those.

I donā€™t usually top my plants, but the guava hashplant in particular responded to training with increased lateral growth. otherwise they have tended to be very apically dominant in their growth.

hereā€™s a bushed out f1 guava hashplant for example.
this is all one plant in a rectangular raised bed. the plant is about 4 feet tall and 6 feet wide.

14 Likes

Right on thanks for the info, after the dragon blood Iā€™m gonna try the electric hasplant and hope for a dogshit leaner.

5 Likes

Theyā€™re fine with heavy training like multiple toppings for mainline. Branches can become quite stiff so train early. Usually like to feed heavy, and often has hollow stems so make your cuts/tops early so you donā€™t have a gaping hole until it closes it off. Stretching is around 1.5x for the ones iā€™ve tried.

7 Likes

Are they floppers or do they stay pretty rigid?

3 Likes