Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

yes the cov scent loss is for real and it really sucks. i can smell most everything else how ever my smeller is like 1/4 what it was before towards the bud. i know what some of the strains im running smell like but i’ll be damned if i can smell what i know i should be smelling.

i hate it …

16 Likes

Ive gotten some really good stuff like Chocolate Diesel #4 and Marshmallow OG. Rather large presumption to say that all bud doesnt smell now.

It is not going to smell like when we grow it. It doesnt really matter to me because when I go to buy something, I already know what it is based on brand reviews and word of mouth.

9 Likes

Has anyone grown out the Bodhi Hawaiian indica X Purple Unicorn? I grew some outdoors this year and curious other peoples experience.

45 Likes

just fired off a very nice care package to brother bodhi, lets see what he sends back in return.

peace …

24 Likes

this is Ancient OG (f1). havent been able to describe the scent, its just like dankish with some fragrant, oily-wood/scented-wood similar scent. I cant really describe it. but it is quite strong and very relaxing, without any raciness/anxiety (i get raciness from strong indicas).

its been weird judging weed lately because, after some high stress situation, i started smoking (cigarettes) again after 12 years. my body likes nicotine waaay too much, i guess more than cannabinoids, cus i have been vaping weed muuuuuuch less (only a couple days in a week). So ive had some unintentional tolerance break, and thus… making it weird to judge strains… but i feel like this one is a really good one, just take my tolerance break into account i guess.

35 Likes

I have some F3’s but F1’s that’s nice! Many people really love that strain and you can get 20+ Lb’s off one plant outdoors.

6 Likes

oh yeah forgot to mention, it was a big yielder, vigorous and healthy.

9 Likes

It’s weird we don’t see other strains using that Iranian (that’s in Ancient OG). Did Strayfox make anythong w it?
And i don’t recall that Iranian being used in a Bodhi DLA strain.
It was a one and done. But i could be wrong.

EDIT
Anyone know if Useful did a Tranquil Elephantizer x Ancient OG f1?
I got 12 seeds of it (or an f2?) from a RIU friend who has since dissappeared.
I would donate them for an OG seedrun but trying to find out more first.

8 Likes

It was because the lineage is in question. The guy he got it from just told him it was iranian bag seed. He couldn’t confirm and he is very open about this also. He talked about it on the potcast… i think it was the adam dunn one and I cant listen to it anymore.

Edit: I found it.
in the “potcast” not the adam dunn so he references the earlier stuff bodhi said

6 Likes

idk that the iranian came from Strayfox? Strayfox has the Iraqi Ranya and that’s been used in a few things. Bodhi used it in the DLA#6 and Stray crossed it to goji and a few others things. But that Iranian Bodhi used in the Ancient OG, afaik, hasn’t been used by anyone else, nor has Bodhi used it in any other crosses that I can find.

Dr.Greenthumb has done some work with an Iranian Male, but I’m unsure if that has any relation to the one Bodhi used.

11 Likes

Adam dumb there i fixed the spelling. Anyone who interrupts Bodhi repeatedly is not worth my time. He showed no respect.

10 Likes

Strayfox has the Iraqi Rayna used in DLA 6

8 Likes

the iranian used in ancient og was lost a long time ago but if i remember it closely resembled an OG

7 Likes

post from bodhi in 2012

whatever it is… it seems to be great and TE is sought after by anyone who knows what it is. back then it was highly coveted for insomnia. Also the TE Remix but not so much.

Any time Bodhi crosses his males, it is great like Dream beaver.

8 Likes

I didn’t think so, just that Strayfox has a good connect to many obscure cuts that B used.

5 Likes

This has brought up a good point. How many times has Bodhi crossed his males together?

I see this also Purple Wookie (Bodhi Seeds) :: Cannabis Strain Info Though he uses Purple Uncirn f3 as the male now but it is close. Similar to my purple unicorn f2 x 88g13hp.

Tranquil Elephantizer. One has Deadly G pheno 88g13hp x snow lotus

Dream Beaver is Dirty Hippy (female snow lotus) X appalachia ← such a good plant

Doesn’t seem very often and even these others besides dream beaver are stretching the definition a little in my opinion.

11 Likes

There’s a purple unicorn x SSDD… terpenado is another.

5 Likes

Terpenado RMX

4 Likes

@CocoaCoir here’s another reference from back then:

7 Likes

Anyone grow out any white lotus going to be popping them in about 3-4 weeks haven’t seen barely anything posted about it other then a few posts from useful(RIP) been curious about why so little about the line for being out since like 2013ish

5 Likes