Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

There’s some pictures and comments on Breedbay about White Lotus if you have an account. I believe strayfox and a couple others grew it out there.

10 Likes

need to go make a account that is one spot I haven’t really looked into much thank you for the lead @syzygy

3 Likes

That’s where Bodhi posted for a long time about everything. All his trips and strain descriptions. Like BOG here on OG.

5 Likes

Something I’ve been meaning to ask here for a while: With Breedbay ever more unstable and shedding users, has anyone made a repository of the Bodhi thread there or other important breeder threads? It seems like the sort of thing that could be archived pretty easily as a PDF or saved webpages but it would require a BB membership and a little bit of coding/script skill that I don’t have, but seems to be pretty common here? We refer to there so often with quotes and screenshots and I shudder to think what it would be like to lose all that knowledge and history.

Tagging some technical folks for their opinion:

@firehead @Nitt @FieldEffect @avr1 @DoseThemAll @Nagel420 @Zaaboot

14 Likes

Random question on this thread, but figured this is the best place to ask.

I’m in the search for a stellar male, and have loved all of the bodhi gear I’ve ran previously. My question is, has any one used some of the 88g13hp hybrid males for breeding, and if so is there anything I should expect for offspring if/when I use one?

I’ve found what I believe to be a fantastic Minty Dub male, incredibly frosty, great structure and smells great. Just wondering if anyone wanted to chime in on what I may be able to expect if I used this Stud for some crosses? Cheers!

31 Likes

Dropping this here for the reference, and for the OG keyword searches when someone is asking what’s Sky Lotus (hopefully because they wanna repro it for the coop whoop whoop)

“Might be worth noting if only for informational/historical purposes that Sky Lotus, using the Skywalker OG mom, is actually Sky Lotus v2. Sky Lotus v1 used Snow Lotus as the mom and was Snow Lotus x Endless Sky F2”

Endless Sky is from Greenthumb Seeds and is Grenadine x Iranian indica and Grenadine is Miley Cyrus x Karmarado

EDIT: the Grenadine lineage is incorrect:

Miley Cyrus is Animal Cookies x Sour Dubble from Cannarado

Karmarado is TK x (SFV x White OG) from Karma

7 Likes

I tried to scrape it with HTTrack but i cant find the login cookie to bypass the login.

2 Likes

Snow Lotus female is dirty hippy

3 Likes

Was pretty sure Dirty Hippy is female Snow Lotus’s sister

Dirty hippy is snow lotus but not all snow lotus is dirty hippy.

There’s a snow lotus female and then her sister, the dirty hippy.

https://www.breedbay.org/community/index.php?threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/page-346#post-701024

11 Likes

I never knew he had two females. Hopefully I can find something like that in Snow Lotus seeds I have.

Always thought the armpit funk I was getting from dream beaver was from the appalachia side.

5 Likes

Having ran Snow Lotus a bunch Dirty Hippie is def a smell that peaks thru. Like Nag Champa and hippie chick lol

8 Likes

I am very interested in this. I have looked into it a bit. Before the technicals I have a few questions.

How would you like the archive to work?
For example, I can scrape every post that the user “bodhiseeds” ever made. But without the context it’s less than ideal. So does that mean we need to scrape every comment on every page of every thread if the user ‘bodhiseeds’ ever commented on that thread? I can make the scraper but it’s the logic of it that I need guidance on.

You can search by user and the default shows you all the comments made by a user. If you check “Display results as threads” you can get a list of all the threads that have a comment somewhere in them by user ‘bodhiseeds’. That gets us somewhere quick without scrape logic. I figured this out after making a scraper that works by comments. Live and learn.

So if we proceed with the “by thread” method we get a search results page showing 25 threads and a pager at the bottom that lets us go as far as 8 pages. After the 8 pages there is a “View Older Threads” button that takes us to a new set of results, older in time, and broken up into 25 results across 8 pages. And so on until there are no more threads. I think there are around 6 “older in time” sets so the rough math is 25 x 8 = 200 threads per “older in time” set. So 6 x 200 = 1200, this is the rough estimate of threads bodhiseeds participated in by commenting. Adjust if I am wrong about number of sets.

So we first need to scrape to get all 1200 thread URLs in a list. Then we need to scrape each one of those threads, every page of it, save it as text, or pdf, or something. If we need the photos then that complicates things unless we use PDF and they come through there.

I ran the scrape on the first set getting the most recent 200 thread URLs that Bodhiseeds commented on. See screenshot

So in summary, i think the first scrape to get the 1200 threads I can do. The second part I need direction so let’s discuss.

12 Likes

I think it is important to separate bodhi stuff/posts from bodhi grows people have done. Bodhi has thousands of posts himself. It is definitely possible to copy the entire website and still make it navigatable. I almost did this.

I dont use chrome so had trouble finding the right cookie code
(larger)

I think I get it now i forgot to put Cookie: … in front of it

5 Likes

It would be way easier to only scrape the threads that bodhiseeds STARTED. so there is that.

For sure it is possible to copy the entire site. Or at least every part of it that it linked from another part so it can be crawled. I have successfully done this with sites in the past. Never a forum, but the principal is the same. I have used HTTRACK as well as several others. If we want the whole site I can get the whole site. No idea how large it will be though.

6 Likes

There is a bodhi section

https://www.breedbay.org/community/index.php?prefixess/bodhiseeds.15/

And then bodhiseeds posts

https://www.breedbay.org/community/index.php?search/28291/&c[users]=bodhiseeds&o=date

3 Likes

This post mustve slipped through the cracks.

7 Likes

I always appreciated that breedbay results didn’t show up on search engines due to needing a login. Scraping only Bodhi’s posts though doesn’t seem problematic (editing out the email addresses included in his posts though maybe a good idea if being republished).

Here’s some OG x 88g13hp stuff beginning to flower.

Red = Redeye Jedi (skywalker og x 88g13hp)
Yellow = Devil’s HP (diablo OG x 88g13hp)
White = Spirit HP (ghost OG x 88g13hp)
Blue = Secret Chief (sfv og x 88g13hp)

Also appears to have gotten 4 seedlings out of the remainder of the pack. Hoping I don’t mess them up and that I end up with at least 1 male…

Triple Sunshine E

Triple Sunshine F

Triple Sunshine G

Triple Sunshine H

44 Likes

aw man, you seem to hit a lot of what i want. I had an idea of doing an all HP male grow with red eye jedi and some others but missed the recent re-stock. hopefully they come back. have you grown the red eye before?

10 Likes

Yes. Nice, relaxing,spicy & flavorful. Failed a reveg attempt (as I always do haha).

41 Likes

i hate revegging man, i had luck my first attempts, got cocky and lost 2 great plants back to back. never again.

8 Likes