Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

What seed storage tech? If you don’t mind me asking.

I’m interested in a better way to store my own seeds.

2 Likes

im going to try to properly highlight those who helped.

thought here that im going to blow dry the containers (some masons some 5mL screw top plastic vials @FieldEffect ) until i reach ~10% RH (im thinking slightly higher due to rice/dessicant). then vac seal the jars (vac sealer $30, also does the special bags) and screw the lids on, place the rice/dessicant in bags in the case and put in the fridge which is actually fairly nice and stays at 37F no matter what.

this case idea for the cases came from @Slammedsonoma420:
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Weather-Waterproof-Equipments-x9-68x6-87inches/dp/B07SL3CS3Y/

i am undecided as to if im feeling fancy enough to add a bluetooth hygrometer in the case to monitor, the short answer is yes im feeling some kinda way just too busy to look up the right one yet.

edit: for storing seeds made in large quantities i was thinking the @TomHill method… just straight mason jars with rice, blow dry, vac seal and sit in fridge.

8 Likes

Freeze dry straight from harvest, vac seal, and store in a humidity controlled freezer would be my best assumption.

I’d skip the freezing part. Once the seeds are frozen they have to be planted the first time they thaw.
I’d air dry for a couple weeks and put in a Tupperware in the refrigerator

7 Likes

Going offtopic but I need to find a good space-efficient vessel for storing seeds in, I had a few mason jars and a few freezer bags going for awhile and that seemed to be working… fairly well… but I decided to go back to all masons and realized the shape isn’t space-efficient in a fridge drawer. My wife hasn’t said anything recently but I feel like it’s coming.

8 Likes

I use square sided tupperware in my fridge drawer. Pretty good use of the space vs round containers. Unfortunately they’re plastic. Glass ones would be ideal (eco-wise) but would be heavier.

Edit. I like Barefrog’s idea (below) better than my plastic storage.
Lightweight Metal tins. BUT this tin shown may not have an air-tight seal.

7 Likes

Cheap metal box at dollor store
best time of the yr to buy them
is now

Bare

16 Likes

So, has anyone F2’d DLA 5 or Strawberry Lotus? Between those two, which would you do first?

5 Likes

DLA 5 has my vote brother @DietPeps

5 Likes

There is an F2 already done by @Rosinallday and it’s a good one

But keep in mind that Bodhi is working on more crosses with the DLA 5 male and also releasing some more versions of DLA 5 soon

I haven’t seen Strawberry Lotus Reproduced yet, and the Snow Lotus male is long gone

16 Likes

I agree with @Vagabond_Windy. I’d say there’s plenty of DLA5 f2s around. Strawberry Lotus would be the better choice for preserving a line.

10 Likes

I guess I hadn’t looked enough, now maybe I need to post in the trading thread lol :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m with you there! To the seed trading thread!

2 Likes

Need more DLA reproductions as most of them aren’t available and won’t be again i’m sure. Some of them were extremely limited.

Just flipped DLA 16. If i get some good stuff then i will grow em out again sometime and make seeds. I have 9 seeds left.

10 Likes

I started the official asking in the trading thread. Someone do an f2 of Dla 6?

4 Likes

Been looking for the 5 myself for a while, I knew there were crosses as I grew out @Vagabond_Windy dla5 x Goji that was fire in fact, but didn’t realize anyone had increased her here. :thinking:

8 Likes

I’m sitting on my hands to not blow up the mentioned member since I haven’t interacted with them. The struggle is real :joy::flushed:
Every time I read artifact 1 description I think I have to get that!

5 Likes

I’m on the hunt for dla 7 I wanna see what a female omg cross does :thinking:

7 Likes

anything with that OMG mom is pretty dang rare. I haven’t seen any beans made from her :eyes:

13 Likes

Reposting from my thread - What do you guys think, ready to pull? I think we’re about day 60 give or take a few days. Calyx tips are losing pigment and there’s a decent amount of amber on the tops.

Devil’s HP

Redeye Jedi

Spirit HP #1

51 Likes