Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Guess I’ll find out soon. I’ve got some Cherry Lotus vegging. This is about 7 weeks in now. Topped once a couple of weeks ago.
They seem very Afghan. Compact with huge fan leaves. Maybe it’s Fat Cherry leaning?

31 Likes

Yeah everything i’ve ever seen or hear Bodhi talk about when in reference to his own garden, is he grows it all in a greenhouse. Idk if light dep or what. I’m sure he does some outdoor work too from the pics i’ve seen. @Cannavore might know? :pray:

3 Likes

Does the strawberry milk got real strawberry terps?

4 Likes

Questions are good.
Sharing experiences are great.
But let’s try and stay away from literally making up shit

Bodhi isn’t a God. There isn’t a “breeder” who hasn’t sold me something that had a nanner or so. Bodhi, strayfox, Doc.
It’s good to have your favorite breeder humbled. It’s another to bash his work. Especially if he’s a pioneer and has paved the way for many of our favorite seed makers

21 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t piling on at all.

Just curious because the scenario of taking a landrace or usually sungrown variety indoor can cause issues. If that has no bearing here cool.

6 Likes

Everything he releases, save for the recent NFT’s, have at least been thoroughly tested indoors and out. Most of his strains take a year+ from him making them to them being for sale anywhere. Some genetics are just more prone to it than other’s and can’t cover everyone’s environment.

10 Likes

Even though I was replying to you I was more replying to your reference to a few posts meaning anything, then your actual question.

Regardless I have said my piece on this and am done on the subject.

Just gonna wait on the drops from folks who know and can do better then Bodhi. I can’t wait…

6 Likes

i think he’s mainly ghouse and outdoor. he used to have what he called his Dirty Room which i think he stressed tested and beat up plants in.

since partnering with radio ridge nursery/haze valley nursery they run a lot of his seeds in those commercial greenhouses i believe.

i’ve always heard of his stuff herming for people ever since i discovered bodhi’s work but i haven’t had it happen for me personally.

19 Likes

he definitely used the community to test more back in the day, not sure how he does it now. probably mostly internal and through haze valley if i had to guess because of his NFT releases. he’s probably losing more seed than he can count from folks trying to grift off of testers. it was a problem back in the forum days, i can only imagine it now adays with discord and IG and the resale market.

19 Likes

I mean bodhi literally said that a lot of his males were selected to give people a chance to experience a heirloom type in seed form, back when you needed connections to get verified cuts. So that was a large piece of criteria while these males were first being developed.

In a market that demands unique profiles and standout highs, any pheno being sold in store is sitting next to jars of its mom and other modern hybrids and needs to stand out next to them. Then people need to enjoy the smoke enough to justify keeping the mom alive.

Mom shining through isn’t enough.

The description of each of Bodhi’s breeder moms is accurate based on what I have grown and their hybrids I have run. Not so true for the “matching” male. For example I see a lot of hashy creaminess in Wookie 15 crossses after cure, lavender seems to be rare (except Space Monkey) But W7 is a lavender grapefruit terp factory. Strawberry milk is the same way to a lesser extent.

I just sift through seeds and try to share some of my observations. Opinions will change over time, that’s to be expected if we are making progress, lol.

16 Likes

Yes, female is pure strawberry powdered milk tasting in a joint, but needs time to cure out volatiles to really taste it.

High is extremely relaxing, seems like a strong 2:1 or 3:1. Stress melting, happy, but weaker in terms of effects. No visuals or heavy head/body effects with it when I ran the mom.

9 Likes

Man W7 is so good lol i MUST get her back in the stables for 2024! You gotta try her by herself.

9 Likes

Next time I run the Chembucha I’m going to use terps from the BHO to see if I can make a Wookie 7 smelling candle. I’ve wanted to try it for so long because I love the w7 smell

7 Likes

yeah dude its such an addictive smell i couldnt believe i was smelling weed the first time i grew it. im gonna try to get it back for sure. those dudes that im trying to get it from are hard to get a hold of lol!

9 Likes

I feel that… I tested one time…after I seen the what kind of stirring up his testers list did to people I fell back… I literally felt the force of seed scavengers…and the force was great…I didn’t want to be apart of those types.

5 Likes

yeah haha i used to try and be the dude who was willing to test the thing nobody else offered to. but you’re right it was like a feeding frenzy when he used to drop those lists.

sad thing is years later on IG you see untouched tester packs with B’s sharpie writing on them going for 100+ on IG or whatever which tells me lots of those who jumped on testers back then weren’t following through either.

20 Likes

Mrs B gifted me a pack of Sunshine Daydream (butter) x Wookie 7 limited edition green baggie w/ gold label. I see I dropped 5x seeds, but must not have been memorable… or I screwed up the grow… gonna have to revisit that pack!

Was there a #7 male?

12 Likes

#7 was his (i think original) female keeper of Wookie and then he went back into the seeds to find the male counterpart, which he says is the #15. i’ve only grown out a half pack of blue dream x wookie15 so most of what i know comes from the #7. first time i grew it, it didnt smell like weed to me. you could bottle it as a female skin care product or a candle like @advancedbuffalo wants to do lmao. i barely detected any “weed” smell from it. like a piney lavender and tropical bubbly grapefruit soda or kombucha lol.

it grows like shit. very bushy horizontal growth. sometimes autoflowered for me which is one of the reasons i lost it. not a fun plant for me to grow lmao. i’ve seen pics of it outdoors and it looked to do better but yeah it was a plant i dreaded to take care of.

Borrowed from Green Dot Labs
Wookie #7

17 Likes

Big Buddy, of Big Buddy’s Lavender, the cut from Soma’s Lav that Bodhi worked with to make Wookie, made Wookie f2’s and I think a Wookie x Lemon Larry Lavender cross among others with that LLL. Last I heard on IG he was down in the financial dumps, he’s up in Canada but ya’ll should check out his work.

16 Likes

Bro…I tested skunk revival #1(hs33×ghash) and gmo/wookie15…and when I say those plants scared the shit out of me … 2gal fabric pots…those things got like 8ft tall like the beginning of the 3rd wk since flip…I flipped them at like 2-2.5 ft…I finished them outdoors…nice smoke…smelled like creamy grape candy and garbage juice…I loved that. The effects is what I didn’t dig…it really wasn’t one…you smoked it enjoyed the smell, taste,…then…boom your sleep…no recollection of the road in-between…lol…now that I recall it was chemd/pu/wookie15…that I described tho I’ve ran both I think it was the gmo/wookie15 that got crazy big for no reason :flushed:22418c9e6171493b086f01cd92af2b3633331a26_2_375x500.jpeg d3e3ff7623265dfe2c6697d89be641082012f4b3_2_375x500.jpeg and chem d/pu/w15 1911848656d5792b7a11c39a4b02babffb1d8814_2_375x500.jpeg

33 Likes