Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Oh yeah I got a bunch of those LLL when he was selling them. They are on the list of stuff to pop.

Space monkey is also really nice. I will probably run those next to the LLL this year.

6 Likes

Does anyone what cut ā€œJD Sour Dā€ is?

2 Likes

Which ones you gonna do? Or pure LLL? I have SFV, Wyrmdog, and Wookie x LLL if you wanna add any of those to the hunt. I donā€™t think he used W7 though as I recall him saying heā€™s always wanted to try that cut lol.

3 Likes

dont know about JD but the JP is JayPlantspeaker Sour D

8 Likes

Fer sure, I was wondering which SD Bodhi used in the ghash cross.

3 Likes

yeah i think hes done ECSD and JayPā€™s Sour cut crossed to ghash. at least those are the ones iā€™ve seen.

3 Likes

all these haters need to lay off the tweak and baloney sandwhiches they be feeding on :rofl:

7 Likes

Bodhi gear Iā€™ve had herm on me and I mean bad herm on outdoor plants which in my opinion is a true herm were 4 Bingo Pajamas and all but 1 Space Cake remix and thatā€™s about it.
Havenā€™t grown many SL crosses, only Goji OG which was average and Jabbas Stash but an S1 basically because it came off a Hermed Jabba plant of a friends. No herm when grown outdoors though.
I found SSDD to be very disappointing from the 2 packs I grew out however the Sunshine 4 and Field Trip were phenomenal.
Besides that everything else Iā€™ve grown from Bodhi has been very goodā€¦ nothing just average, always above average with a couple definite keepers over the years.
I find bodhi stuff works great in the breeding programs I have running and tend to use males off his gear more than I would other breeders gear.
I enjoyed his Appy crossed but more so now Iā€™m really enjoying the g13hp.

19 Likes

I purchased three sour diesel strains crossed with the 88G13HPā€™ Sour Diesel Chaco Cut, Sour Diesel JP cut and Ultra Sour Double Diesel.

The first two I have heard about and known about. The third one the Ultra Sour Double Diesel is a mystery to me. Does anyone have any information on that cross?

5 Likes

Curious where one finds bodhiā€™s female clones? I havenā€™t seen them around, and wouldnā€™t know where to start looking.

2 Likes

Haze valley Nursery if youā€™re in California. They post drop locations frequently on their IG page

10 Likes

Yeah the nursery itself only does bulk but they do small drops at a few locations

10 Likes

Good point there, quite often that can be the case. At least in what Iā€™ve seen from other seeds. Good lord those plants are tall as hell, what were they under? Good reference for size with the fridge.

1 Like

Sounds like an Mk Ultra x Sour Dub

1 Like

cannarado released something with a similar name to that Ultra Sour. thatā€™d be my best guess lol

2 Likes

I think people on here are saying things like now with the advent of clones we donā€™t need Bodhi stuff. Thatā€™s fine if you feel that way. It doesnā€™t mean Bodhi is obsolete. It means you just lack curiosity to search deeper. Maybe you just want to deal with someone elses treasureā€¦I have a ton of old bodhi stuff and iā€™ve only gotten herm from unreleased tester pack which He never released. Canā€™t rule out user error, environment etc. Thousands of growers have been growing this stuff for years. Go back and look at all the early breedbay stuff or icmag stuff to get a real deal. People just hating (now.) Ten years of Goji grows and people still finding keepers. Such a strange way to look at things. Bodhi is going into landrace x landrace now cuz that elite cut x male is boring him. This DLA16 is one of the coolest plants ive ever grown. I canā€™t wait to dive into other males like kashmir and wookie.

22 Likes

I wouldnā€™t know but I suspect itā€™s a whole 'nother world when you have easy access to healthy legit elite clones. Also different when youā€™re stocking a commercial grow operation in a really competitive environment.

11 Likes

As a hobby and medical grower, finding truly clean cuts is a challenge now w HpLVd.
I miss the old days when all we had was pm and mites to deal with.

16 Likes

Iā€™d imagine people selling seeds or retail Cannabis have a different perspective than purely home growers. The exclusivity factor is gone on both the clones and the availability of seed packs. Should always take things with a grain of salt and those sorts of considerations in mind. Hype and the appearance of novelty donā€™t affect the home grower as much as someone trying to move jars off the shelf. If DocD became as well known as Bodhi overnight the narrative would move to how Doc D just isnā€™t that great anymore and insert more novel breeder is really where itā€™s at.

Iā€™m happy with the plants Iā€™ve found in Bodhiā€™s seeds for the money spent, even though I have encountered a handful of intersex issues (prob my fault). Iā€™ll see in a few months how TK stacks up against Bodhiā€™s Triple Sunshine, though I suspect there wonā€™t be a huge difference.

24 Likes

Iā€™m not reading anyone saying Bodhi is obsolete. Iā€™ve read a couple people sharing experience with certain males that they didnā€™t enjoy. Iā€™ve read a couple experience of herms happening.
The observation was made that times have changed with respect to accessibility of elite clones. This access is probably why the SL was retired, not as important to people once they are able to get the clones.
As stated above commercial production has an entirely different set of criteria for the plants that are being used

15 Likes