Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Right here @Emeraldgreen

3 Likes

I was agreeing with what he said. I think Bodhi saw the writing on the wall way before any of us with this

6 Likes

People use cuts of Bodhiā€™s for commercial purposes. They a lot of times rename it like Bay 11 or like this

6 Likes

A bunch of Bodhi cuts are run commercially. The point was the criteria that home growers have is completely different than commercial growers.
For example home-growers will run stuff for 12 weeks to get their ideal flower.
Commercial will cut on a determined time to maximize turnover. Say 8-9 weeks
Iā€™m a fan as I said earlier

10 Likes

Ah yes, Green crack :yum:

8 Likes

Ah the old black Bermuda Triangle :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Gotta say I hate when names are randomly changed

8 Likes

I got a batch of Double Diesel years ago. From what I remember, it was a cross of Somaā€™s NYC Diesel (boooo haha) and actual Sour Diesel, although I donā€™t know ā€œwhoā€™sā€ SD cut it was (that kind of stuff didnā€™t really exist back then; there was Sour Diesel and that was it haha). I canā€™t remember if it was super-Sour Diesel-tasting or anything (and if I donā€™t remember, it probably wasnā€™t), but I remember liking the high a lot anyway.

Iā€™m not sure about the Ultra Sour part, though. Maybe it was made with a very sour-flavored Double Diesel that somebody found in some seeds or something.

Thatā€™s a Bodhi release? The Ultra Sour Double Diesel x 88G13HP?

8 Likes

Itā€™s becoming the normā€¦. And a huge pita

2 Likes

But it has Level Three Loudness, soā€¦ haha.

9 Likes

It was an NFT release last year

16 Likes

I remember seeing this a lot with retailers, not so much with growers. That could simply be because nobody was talking back than :joy:

3 Likes

I find it really interesting people talking about the old Snow Lotus and Appy crosses in a negative light, but completely overlook their purpose! Bodhi filled a very specifc and important niche at the time. Using those males on popular clones made them 1000% better for running as large full term plants outdoors! Thatā€™s how I was introduced to Bodhis gear, and 5+ lb plants in 200 gallon pots on 99 plant Prop 215 farms. Back then, Bodhi pounds pretty much always sold at a premium. And usually made some of the best hash. So running a couple little plants and saying its obsolete or whatever is really overlooking the real point of them, and how incredibly valuable they were in the full term scene.

36 Likes

Ah, okay, thatā€™s cool. Hereā€™s an ollllllllld review of the Double Diesel, if youā€™re interested: https://potguide.com/strain-profiles/double-diesel/

Again, though, I have no idea if thatā€™s the same thing that Bodhi used, but I have to imagine that if it isnā€™t, itā€™s at least closely related.

I also wrote a review of that Double Diesel I got like fifteen years ago, but Iā€™m not gonna post the link to that haha. Itā€™s out there, though, on the interweb, somewhereā€¦ haha.

8 Likes

I loved the appy work but Iā€™m a green crack fiend.
Itā€™s the Snow Lotus male in particular that Iā€™m not a fan of.

That being said, that appy male comes through pretty hardcore IMO, in a lot of the crosses with it. Seen it show up in the majority of phenos in both F1 and F2 beans. I donā€™t have any experience with his other males yet.

14 Likes

sl x appy is my favorite. I thought it would be eclipsed by chem d x snow lotus but it was not.

17 Likes

Out of likes but yeah thatā€™s what first drew me to Bodhi before I even started growing, the success of those early lines outdoors according to people.
I know the Ancient OG and Mothers Milk have become very popular both pure and in crosses for OD full term growing, I keep hearing that MM #31 is one of the top yielding clones in CA greenhouses and fields from people, idk if itā€™s true but the reports track that I see here.

@Hemlock @Cannavore I found the post from @nube you guys made me think of about Bodhiā€™s ā€œover the hillā€ stress test grove:

19 Likes

At a local store in my area with ssdd the genetics were just Bubba and chem lol

4 Likes

8 Likes

Jeremy from Build a Soil just said he planted some Bodhi Goji f1 seeds for his next upcoming season. So maybe we will see if a Snow Lotus cross herms on a pretty popular YouTube channel.

13 Likes