Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Re-opened. Keep things polite, respectful, and topical please.

15 Likes

21 Likes

Speaking of the Appy male that Bodhi used a few years back and has since lost,
I did a pollination of 1 Wolf Pack female(Griesel x Appy) with a mix of pollen from 4 male Cobra Lips (the rare Chem 3 x Appy). The half sibling pairing is hopefully gonna throw some nice males to be used in seed making projects as well as some choice females.
Anyhow, the point of this post is to say that I’ll be doling 4 packs out, over on the free seeds thread, through a rousing game of movie musical trivia. The action will go down in 30 mind or so, if anyone’s interested.
:grin::v::canada:

31 Likes

That’s very kind of you @Budderton to offer to win!

6 Likes

Can anyone tell me what traits Bodhi’s Snow Lotus male contributes to its crosses? Does it provide more vigor, terps, reduce flower time, etc.?

4 Likes

You can look at its parents afgooey and blockhead. Also the sister is dirty hippie. If you get a snow lotus leaner then it could be very sativa leaning. I’ve smoked it by itself as a female and it was ok… very medicinal indica type smoke but in bodhi crosses it just adds that structure and gooey frost.

8 Likes

Is there any place where Bodhi himself is releasing information about all of his crosses? I’m seeing those two insta profiles but they ain’t very helpful with actual information.

4 Likes

so this will be a long and short answer.

Short answer according to compiled answers by Bodhi is:

…the snow lotus male, which is very clear in breeding, i think thats how the magic happened, just passing the size, power and resin over while keeping all the qualities of the og kush (describing snow lotus role in goji og)

he lets the female traits pass through in a cross while uping the size, structure, frost, and potency. (describing snow lotus in white lotus)

heavy duty full spectrum og effect with sativa influences from the snow lotus in some phenos, other phenos may lean to the stony euphoric body side of the mother. (while describing Lotus Larry)

deadly potent, big yielding, super frost, snow lotus male. (while describing jabas stash)

the snow lotus male is my current main man, he just does not throw out a bad hybrid, he is the star child of afgooey and a x19 leaning blockhead male (no sweetooth traits present) and lets the female traits pass through in a cross while uping the size, frost, and potency.
(while describing cheech wizard.)

the line is my snow lotus male, which is afgooey x blockhead (x19 dom male), this male has proven to up potency, frost, and yeild, while letting the unique traits of the female to shine through.
(describing blue tara)

Anyway, you can see a pattern in his answers.

Purple stems also seem to be a snow lotus pheno common characteristic.

sorry for the caps everone
I GOT THESE FROM AN OLD COMPILED TEXT FILE THAT NEEDS A DISCLAIMER .

also you can get the list here (does not include recent releases) https://themodern.farm/Bodhi.txt

22 Likes

:man_shrugging:

I’ve grown and/or smoked some Snow Lotus crosses, I think seven or eight total. My experience was they all have similar growth, color, terps and effects and potency. Maybe it’s been bad luck, but unfortunately they fall flat for me.

I’ve found the SL to be very dominant, allowing fewer mom traits to come through compared to most of bodhi’s other males. He’s my least favorite bodhi male so far, but different strokes for different folks.

:rainbow:

32 Likes

Can certainly attest to the frost and the red/purple stems in the Kailash that I’m currently growing. This is my first experience with a SL cross so that’s all I can contribute until the smoke report :heart::v:t2:

10 Likes

I agree about the SL crosses. I also ran 7 or 8 different crosses and of each full pack of seeds, there was 1-2 mom leaders and rest were dad leaning… did find some nice stuff in there though…

12 Likes

It seems like it just depends on the female with which he was crossed. The four Uplifts I grew all seemed pretty HA-dominant, in both plant morphology and high-wise. The second time I grew Larry Lotus, those couple plants looked very “OG-ish,” but the high wasn’t like straight Larry at all. Flavors weren’t, either. The first time I grew it (one plant haha), I dunno what the fuck she looked like haha, very strange plant, but the smell, flavor and high was definitely Larry-heavy. I was extremely happy with that one.

Larry Larry Larry… How many times can I type that word? Haha.

I do agree, though, that Bodhi’s description of that Snow Lotus dad being some sort of Magical Male that lets the mom “shine through” or whatever is kinda bullshit. Or inaccurate, anyway. I don’t know anything about Nepali OG, so I can’t say which direction the Gojis I’ve grown leaned; I will say, though, that they all smoked pretty consistently, no matter what the plants looked like. Whether that means they all leaned Nepali OG or leaned Snow Lotus is, obviously, unknown to me. The Gojis I’ve grown have definitely been all over the place, though, as far as growth patterns are concerned.

Anyway… Wait… What were we talking about…? Haha.

18 Likes

Mostly I just haven’t been wowed by the resulting plants (or flower if I didn’t grow it). The effects are boring and hollow. Snow Lotus crosses are the Bose speakers of bodhi’s catalog - no highs, no lows, it’s gotta be Bose.
:speaker:
lol
:sun_with_face:

25 Likes

I’ve only grown SL crossed to OGs ( Legend OG x SL , Nepali OG x SL , Hell’s OG x SL ) so grain of salt with my limited experience. All 3 crosses were mostly low odor and wasn’t a huge fan of them. Goji OG has some great effects for sure but I’ve found very similar uplifting effects in SunRa (SFV OG x Wookie) without the drawbacks of what I perceive to be SL dominance. I’ve tried at least 3 dads other than SL that Bodhi used crossed to OGs and loved all of them… Wookie, 88g13HP & SSDD.

That said I know people seem to find gold in the line but my luck hasn’t been great with the few SL crosses I’ve tried either. The SSDD dad really seems to resonate with my personal taste…

19 Likes

Mhm, I agree. Except for the Uplifts haha! That was very good smoke.

I alllllllmost planted some of the Triple Goddess seeds a few days ago, saw them as I was digging through the fridge and was like,”Yes. I wanna check those out.” But then I changed my mind haha.

Haha, shit, man… You’re funny…

Again, I think it just depends on the plants. Or maybe, more accurately, the seeds. Or whatever haha! Some of the Gojis I grew really did smell EXACTLY like goji berries, it was bizarre. And very cool. Very loud, too, and sticky.

But yeah, I know what you’re saying. I grew the Gojis twice, trying to figure out, you know,”Okay, what did I miss the first time?” haha.

I wouldn’t grow it a third time haha!

19 Likes

I wanna emphasize here that I don’t think that Bodhi is/was intentionally misleading us. I really do think it just depends on the female with which the Snow Lotus male was crossed (and a lot of other things).

It’s a crap shoot. It’s always a crap shoot.

16 Likes

GOJI BERRIES :slight_smile: that’s what my leaves smell like after a couple days of being trimmed in my lil squat platinum goji x appalachia right now

13 Likes

All of your opinions suck. Snow Lotus is bomb.

:upside_down_face:

But seriously, I have run a few crosses where I could tell the snow lotus imparted its influence and I enjoyed it for the most part.
I will say, it didn’t add any structural strength to the OGs and it didn’t tone down intersex tendencies. That berry flavor it loves to pass down gets boring.
It does bring an effect that I enjoy. An almost floaty, hyper aware dream state. The red stem trait makes it distinguishable in breeding.

23 Likes

doesn’t he say the same thing about the 88g13hp? :joy:

10 Likes

would love to find some elphinstone packs

3 Likes