Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Sounds about right :joy:
So who has dla5 f2?

6 Likes

I sent an email to jbc and they replied promptly that the packs have been stored responsibly in the jbc vault this whole time, and none are third party resales.

Seems like a reasonable price for a guaranteed genuine pack of some of the older lines.

I got a pack of guava hashplant because itā€™s a really good line for relief from muscle injuries and joint dislocations, and prevention of cramps and spasms.

This sale came up right after a shoulder dislocation so I couldnā€™t really pass it up. Time to grow some more guava meds.

Iā€™m looking forward to growing this one again and finding some new phenotypes. I could use more variety in my f2s.

I only got 2 females in my original pack from 2016 so I did a round of breeding with each male from the pack. The f2s are great but for the most part they come out very similar to their female mother, no matter which male was used. The consistency of those selections is nice, but Iā€™d like more options.

15 Likes

Anyone ever mess with these yet?
One of the freebies that seem to have potential.
Gmo x wookie and Cinnamon toast x ghash imo too.

17 Likes

any thoughts on as where to start with purple unicorn crosses? or thoughts in general on this? (or if ive missed any prior discussions on pu, but i dont remember one recently, i may be wrongā€¦)

(thank you @HolyAngel i moved the question over here as it seems more appropriate in the discussion thread)

9 Likes

Good call on the move!

Thereā€™s a few reports in the last closed bodhi thread here. Ive only personally grown the Purple NL2 so far and while it had decent potency, I didnā€™t like the effects of that one. My inlaws absolutely love that stuff tho. Iā€™ve also seen reports of the stinky unicorn, black light fantasy, purple wookie, purple lemon Thai, unicorn milkā€¦ all being good crosses of it.

7 Likes

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone know a reputable site I can order Bodhi seeds from in UK, that isnā€™t Attitude.
I use them all the time, and they do have a small selection available, Iā€™m just wanting to know if thereā€™s any other options out there.

*Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
Iā€™ve been away a while, and last time I was here there was 1 bodhi thread lol. Iā€™m getting caught up now though!
:v:

8 Likes

i had bodhis purple unicorn f2 x 88g13hp as tester bonus pack and i gave 5 to someone and they said it made them really angry. I never grew it myself because of that. Still have ten seeds or so.

6 Likes

lol damn. never had that specifically. ive been anxious and overly paranoid, but never angry as such.

5 Likes

I believe Great Lakes Genetics ships worldwide (they only take cash tho, not sure if that has changed recently) but they are super fast and great promos with Bodhi.

9 Likes

Ah thanks, didnā€™t realise they would ship internationally. The cash only thing might be a problem thoughā€¦ Iā€™ll check them out and see what can do.

6 Likes

As far as Purple Unicorn, the f3 crosses are generally good, but it seems the f5 is not good. So if youā€™re looking for PU packs, stick with the f3 dad.

9 Likes

the vault. Iā€™m not sure if they have kept up their stock with all the new releases. but their bodhi stock is genuine.

edit- looks like they havenā€™t restocked in years.
let us know if you find a good source in the UK.

Great lakes genetics ships international to the UK but maybe thatā€™s not what youā€™re looking for.

They only accept usa cash dollars which may be onerous for you, and blank money orders which have been impossible for me to get.

12 Likes

Just use Attitude. They might have a small selection, but I glanced at their menu right now, just outta curiosity, and Iā€™d grow pretty much everything that they have available. Iā€™ve ordered from them multiple times, too (which is kind of ridiculous, since I live in the US) and theyā€™re always pretty prompt. I donā€™t think theyā€™re sending out ā€œfakesā€ or whatever, either, soā€¦

13 Likes

Hay @SonsOfAvery Are you looking for something specific? If I have it, itā€™s yours. That Soulmate was great, I owe ya!

14 Likes

This is really good to know! I tracked down a pack of the Guava HP x C99 cross that @paintedfire420 made, based on grow and extract reports on it here saying it was an absolute dumper for resin. Nice to know that itā€™s medicinal too! That oneā€™s in the vault until I know I can repro it successfully since it seems to have quietly gone rare, I donā€™t know if I found anyone with F2s that was advertising it.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve got some lemon wookie started for the summer. Canā€™t wait to see how it turns out!

6 Likes

have you tried any purple from Bodhi before? ive been tempted to grow purple but have never done so under the belief that if someone bred for purple, effect & potency were not priority. Im intrigued as to how purple unicorn breeds in its crosses (like your unicorn milk) terms of effect/potency.

11 Likes

Bodhi bred the purple unicorn as the most potent purple strain heā€™s ever had.

20 Likes

Iā€™ve smoked my share of crappy purple strains but not sure about a Bodhi specifically. I e grown more than a hand full of his gear though.

Itā€™s still early and this particular plant has checked many boxes. Small hunt as well, but Bodhi usually does not disappoint me.

13 Likes

Never had Purple Unicorn but Iā€™m smoking on some Stinky Unicorn. I have one strong pheno, but itā€™s nowhere near as strong as Monkey Balls. I would say Monkey Balls is the strongest purple strain Iā€™ve experienced. If thatā€™s a 9/10, I would say Stinky Unicorn is about a 7/10.

Not as strong of a body high that MB has. MB is pure indica like plant with a hashy taste and immediate body high. SU has a more head high/Chem thing going on with the high.

9 Likes