Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Ran unicorn milk, Killer daytime smoke

8 Likes

I’d totally forgotten about the Vault! I’ve used them a few times now.

@minitiger I use attitude all the time, and trust them 100% they’re great, I was just wondering if there were any others available, was maybe lookingfornsome of Bodhi’s Chem crosses.

I picked up a pack of Old Soul from Attitude a few months ago and cant wait to pop those…

@HorseBadorites I might take you up on that offer in the future, I’ve only just set up a new grow andnits small, so only have space for couple at a time right now, and I have a pack of Old Soul I want to pop next. If you had anything from Bodhi’s Chem crosses I’d be interested.

:v:

9 Likes

it’s too bad they don’t have any bodhi lines available right now.

The vault’s stealth packaging is top notch for shipping to the US.
I definitely recommend them for anything that is not available from the US based seed banks.

9 Likes

That new Purple Lemon Thai is probably great. I can’t wait to move into a bigger place so I can pop 20 at a time. I dream of doing these huge pheno hunts very soon.

11 Likes

DEEP LINE ALCHEMY #7 {F1}
DEEP LINE ALCHEMY #5 {F1}
DEEP LINE ALCHEMY #6 {F1}

there still around …

11 Likes

I gotta ask where with that statement. The 5 and 6 have always interested me @JAWS

2 Likes

I’ve always been curious how Bohdi ‘F1’s’ are derived, like are the parents stabilised, semi stabilised or not at all? I’ve never grown any so I don’t know how homogeneous the crosses are…I’ve grown several F2’s from them peeps on OG and holy shit they are a wild bunch, full segregation for sure.

Also I’m assuming with the males they are kept as a ‘father’ plant in veg and clones are used as needed? Or is just one gigantic spoof fest and stored till it’s used?

8 Likes

He breeds father plants and mixes them with landraces or Iconic strains created by others.

14 Likes

Cross posting here for exposure

Anyone have a pack of Bodhi’s Prayer Tower Sativa they’d trade/sell/donate? I popped my pack but not getting the numbers I was hoping for. Only 3 confirmed so far. Was hoping for more to do a seed run. I would be eternally grateful if anyone has a pack they’d be able to help me out with.

21 Likes

Hopefully you get 1 male and two females. Someone just snagged a pack from the JBC VAULT sale.

I have a cross of Bodhi Temple V2 (SSH x Williams Wonder) X Prayer Glue (Prayer Tower x GG4). You’re making me want to pop that one for my next grow now!

8 Likes

I missed that one by like 10 seconds. I clicked it, went to add to cart, and then it was sold lol.

12 Likes

F2’s are always gonna be kind of all over the place, just because the second generation is when the recessive genetics start making their appearance. F1’s should, in theory, be a relatively even mix of mom leaners, dad leaners and 50/50 “hybrid”-type plants. But f2’s are when you’ll find real outliers, especially if you’re growing f2’s of some super-polyhybrid crossed with another super-polyhybrid.

Like this, for instance:

If somebody “f2’s” that cross, plants grown from those seeds are gonna be allllllllll over the place, simply because of the massive amount of genetics used in the initial cross. It’s virtually impossible to “stabilize” a line when you’re using multiple polyhybrids as your starting point.

23 Likes

The prayer glue was an f2.

3 Likes

Right. I’m not saying you “shouldn’t” use them to breed, I’m just saying that if you pop ten f2’s of any cross, from any breeder, don’t expect homogenous results.

I only used that cross you posted as an example because it was sitting right there haha, helped me avoid having to think of a multi-polyhybrid off the top of my head.

18 Likes

I still am convinced environment has a lot to do with expressions but im no scientist. I also choose to use consistent rather than stable when discussing certain aspects of plant science.

Grow it then find out would be my advice.

Heres Something Bodhi to keep it relevant haha

Unicorn Milk

15 Likes

That’s correct.

Generally bodhi works the male line multiple generations to bring out the traits he is looking for and make his final selection. Like the 88g13hp, and purple unicorn.

The females are either clone phenotypes (like the blue dream, giesel, chem 91, etc),
seed lines that he makes selections from (like his lemon thai pheno hunt that I was talking about a few weeks ago),
or landrace and heirloom preservations which for the most part are bred for maximum male and female diversity within the seed stock he has available.

Sometimes he also uses females from lines that he has worked, like the dragonsblood hashplant.

22 Likes

I am trying hard to figure out this breeding stuff, kinda makes my head spin! Can you give an example of what you mean by working the male line?

7 Likes

It is not hard to do research. Here is an entire course on breeding.

http://ecoursesonline.iasri.res.in/course/view.php?id=134

3 Likes

I think zephyr just means that B (and other breeders, too, hopefully) go through multiple generations to find an ideal male. Like, for instance, the 88G13HP male, I know there’ve been at least three different iterations of that one: the Deadly G, the GHash and now I guess it’s kinda back to just being called 88G13HP or something haha, I dunno.

But yeah, pretty sure zephyr just means growing out seeds, pollinating, growing out the resultant seeds, looking for traits that Bodhi et al find desirable, pollinating again, growing out those seeds etc etc. But maybe zephyr can explain it better than I can haha.

14 Likes

yeah that Deadly G… he got the 88G13HP beans and worked em to “F4” to find that Deadly G male. Turns out the line was already an F4 when he got it originally, so that’s why that male ended up being so dominant. He ended up tossing that Deadly G F8 male and selected another from the original set of beans he received and I believe it’s been that male ever since but I’m not positive. Can’t say I’ve seen him say anywhere that he switched it up again :thinking:

24 Likes