Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Love the Monkey

7 Likes

Might run Space Monkey myself next run. Probably going to do another run of Granola Funk Remix as well.

4 Likes

I remember from riu, he really liked the Cherry sativa x SSDD. In his tester notes, Bodhi listed it as “Cherry O x SSDD”.
Diff. strain from the Cherry Sunshine (Fat Cherry Afghan x SSDD).

AB posted a lovely photo of it.
@advancedbuffalo ’s plant, so you don’t need to go to riu to view it:

18 Likes

did you find any other space monkey phenotypes besides “pine”?
I also really like this variety. recently a member of the forum asked me if my phenotypes smell like “pine”, I checked jars of f1, f2, and bx1 and even some crosses with the SM father and came to the conclusion that the vast majority have this note to varying degrees.
interesting your experience…

15 Likes

My pack of Space monkey came with 2 cracked/broken seeds. 2 were also runts that I ended up culling. I read on ICmag I believe others have noticed runts in their pack of SM. Out of the remaining 8 there were 4 females and 4 males. This is my best memory of the 4 females.

Space Monkey #1 Female
+High odor - complex aroma : Fuel , Pine , Pepper , Chocolate
+Medium to high potency
-Thin stems that can’t properly support the flower weight. Leafy.
Found 6 “selfed” seeds in the buds and grew all out. Unique phenos and some were ridiculously strong.

Space Monkey #2 Female
+Very high odor - Simple aroma : Lavender
-/+Very photogenic
-/+Trichomes felt dry and powdery rather than sticky.
-Medium potency
-Beautiful plant but disappointing flower for me.

Space Monkey #3 Female - limited memory on this one.
-Medium odor - complex - floral notes but don’t trust memory enough to expand on the aroma.
-Leafy
-Overall disappointment

Space Monkey #4 Female - Pine pheno

+Smells like fresh cut Christmas tree - extremely high odor
+Very resinous
+Amazing happy effect in low doses but devastating potency when pushed. Feels like I took too many edibles if I took just a few extra inhales.
-/+ Fluffy light bud structure that allows for trichome development. Not hard / dense nugs.
-/+ Good for head stash but not a commercial yielder. (doesn’t affect me so not a negative)

I couldn’t comment on how common it is but my favorite pheno smelled entirely like sweet pine. Christmas tree smell. No complexity or ambiguity to the smell of that pheno. Hope this helps.

40 Likes

@syzygy I have one of your SM F2’s going right now in veg, still waiting for it to show sex. But it has nice structure so far and is just starting to develop trichs. I’ll post a pic tonight.

12 Likes

thanks for the detailed answer!
the plants are great!

7 Likes

Pine is evident where that Monkey goes, some even more Juniper, even Turpentine!
Forgot Lavender and Rosemary.

13 Likes

So really, the smells differ to some extent, and they have everything listed to a different extent. For a long time, I could not understand because of its saturation and intensity that it is precisely. Then I was asked, “Will your SM smell pine”? After that, everything came to their cities.
So my #1 and 5 had dominant pine, but #6 (on which I made bx) was lavender and even some of the sweet notes.
Bx #1 (Plant #6) - in general has the smell of sweet pear, but when I give him a sniff to his wife, she still talks about the smell of pine. Now I recognize it in every plant where SM is present in the genes.

11 Likes

Oh cool, never tried any of those. Hoping you find something as good as if not better than the mom! Interested to hear how that goes. The mom was stable but as always be vigilant when testing anything with gg4 in it it…

What did you think of the lavender pheno? Sounds like you liked it if you made a bx with it. Ya sometimes smells can be tricky to identify at first, cool to see many of us are agreeing on pine being common though.

Also just read your president called for the legalization of medical cannabis. Hopefully things start to move in the right direction (on all fronts) over there!

“We must finally honestly legalize cannabis-based medicine for everyone who needs it, with the relevant scientific research and controlled Ukrainian manufacturing,” Zelenskyy told Ukraine’s parliament, according to Pravda.

17 Likes

My Icy Grape seedling in the tent this round.

5 Likes

All four Lavender Jacks are female. Two male and two female for Purple Empress. Was hoping for at least one Lav Jack male.

10 Likes

Gotta show some Bodhi love after running his gear so many years. A batch of Snow Lotus from a while back. Got them as a freebie from his booth Emerald Cup '17 and have done a couple gens of open pollenation for preservation since. One of my all time favorite highs.

56 Likes

Granola Funk

43 Likes

Welcome dude, I’ve seen some of your posts on Reddit, good to see you here… how many Fgens are you with Snow Lotus? What type of smells and high from her? It’s rare to see the pure Snow Lotus around here…

24 Likes

I love snow lotus. I know it is still available at dispensaries sometimes.

6 Likes

Thanks! Honestly I don’t know anyone else who held on to it besides me. It was stable when I got it surprisingly. I took 2 packs and open-pollenated them all in 2018, and got a few thousand seeds and grew nothing but it for about a year. Even gave away a ton to friends and everyone loved it. No bad seed in the mix, but about a third are really notably special. Then last year I popped around 150 and did a turn and brun mini open pollenation with the best 40 or so females and 15 or so males in a shady part of the yard. Also hit the males on a choice mom of it I had about 3 years at the time to compare. Just ran testers of both and luckily they all came out killer and indistinguishable. So I’m sprouting the last few hundred of the original stock right now and hopefully I can figure out a scheme to give away a bunch. It’s such a wonderful strain in a lot of ways. Only thing is tends to not the best cloner, but everything else on it is amazing.

As for smells, it’s a super distinct insense/kinda floral nose. The high is super euphoric, like a big hug from a loved one lol. I really like it for walking my dog. Gives fantastic pain relief and helps the crappy neuro symptoms. Makes me wanna move around and be productive. Also has a good length of high, and I can smoke nothing but it all day for weeks and the high doesnt die off after a few days. That’s a huge factor for me personally.

Here’s my old keeper pheno in a 7 gal. Sucker cleared 3/4ths of a lb lol

53 Likes

My friend, lavender Fena was different from others and therefore seemed special at that moment.
The structure was somewhat different, it had cones that were placed on branches more evenly (not in the top) and had makings to a moshishka (like a bazball bit), it was the most purple, even with red colors … The smell was more Afgani, That is, sweet and more fruit.
However, the effect was decisive, it was with the calmer beginning (I do not like saturated effects from the onset of smoking, at the start I am somewhat nervous of any grass) in lavender pheno’s start, though powerful but very calm, without nervous …

As for the news from Zelensky, these are really good news and a wonderful initiative (although it still performed).
Against the background of the war, this opportunity is a truly real, incredible number of people in stress and has other problems that could really be resolved (or at least to be relieved) thanks to this decision.

25 Likes

@BackyardBoogie420 welcome to OG!
Great to see someone doing that work with the Snow Lotus.

:v:

13 Likes

Way cool your working the sl line didn’t know he released straight up sl going to do a seed increase of white lotus this winter instead of a flower run :crossed_fingers:I get them to pop being older doing a seed run to make some f2s haven’t seen to much on them other then useful years back raving about his keeper and how he loved what he was finding in the f2s welcome to og!

20 Likes