Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

1g rosin is going for $90 before tax in Illinois.

5 Likes

Those are live resin and liquid diamonds

live rosin is all over the place

3 Likes

I wanna see that Dazzleberry grown out. Goji Razz x Strawberry Milk… it just sounds like it’d have great potential.

9 Likes

I may know someone with a pack…

Unicorn Milk day 65

26 Likes

grew it out and it threw many keeper phenos but the best were the smaller runty ones . Heavy berry smells and flavor . Super frosty and kind of a nerve racking very up uncomfortable high for me . potent would be an understatement. The others leaned more diesel im guessing that were taller with a more palatable buzz for me

5 Likes

Goji OG Queen mother side branch day 45

Early on around day 28 the plant smelled like strong mothball fuel pine, but some sweetness and berry smells were also present.

Very sticky resin texture, super strong smells but they dissipate quickly, definitely volatile.

Now on day 45 the mothball fuel has taken a backseat to sweet berry and OG earthiness.

This run could use some improvement, I think the resin can get better.

Very slow to expand its roots, slow vegger but she needs the time. Quick veg with this one would definitely have it stressed out.

Once we got good root development, the plants were flipped. About 2x stretch, and we weren’t trying to slow them down.

Good chunky bud development, nice to have a respectable yield for something so nice.

Front left Goji OG

43 Likes

Two different Goji grows of mine about five years apart. The search bar and Google are your friend.

20 Likes

Awesome pics! Thanks @advancedbuffalo for the run down on your grow. The bud shots I’ve seen look beautiful and bountiful. I normally do t care much about yield but I’m certainly not sad when there is more good bud! :grin::fire::+1:

6 Likes

Thanks for posting your grows. I had spend a bunch of time yesterday reading through the many grow logs for Goji on OG. I guess the topic has been beat to death but last night I was bored and just wanted to have a chat about Goji. I spend so much of my time here just reading and not interacting with people. I thought since people like Goji so much, this might be a good place to try and be more active :grin::+1:

12 Likes

Popped all of these two weeks ago, sex testing soon.

Repurposing an 8x8 tent for male testing. :smiley:

45 Likes

Do you send away for testing? If so, how much is it?

4 Likes

With that many, you could preserve SSDD in a true open pollination.

10 Likes

Farmer freeman is what I use.
Black Friday and 4/20 sales are the best time to buy. $10 per test. I think it is closer to 15 when not on sale.

9 Likes

Mmm goji og.

I grew a cross of it with DJ shorts Blueberry and made a bunch of F2’s.

It was delicious!

I noticed an odd trait that I’m not sure which side it comes from but some of the smaller single blade leaves near the top colas will twist like a spring. I always figured it was the Goji OG side but I never fully inquired. Maybe someone can chime in if they’ve noticed this. Perhaps it’s the blueberry side. Idk.

7 Likes

Blueberry itself usually has a crinkle or twist in the fan leaves :thinking:

9 Likes

I had a Blueberry Hashplant do that. I had never seen that happen before.

5 Likes

Wicked, I wasn’t exactly sure. Looks to be a BB trait then. I haven’t grown Goji on its own so I couldn’t tell.

Thx fellas.

7 Likes

this is going to be spectacular

7 Likes

I don’t really have the time of space for that unfortunately. But we do want to selective repro in two stages.

First stage is this one. Grow out the females, select the best and get rid of the rest. Then we learn how to make them happy as can be in the grow rooms, identify traits, get familiar with them.

Stage two is pop more packs, use experience with the keepers to guide to male selection and maybe even select more females since we should be more experienced with these genetics.

Then repro and see if they are good. If so, make more seeds and give them away

We are hoping to find some nice hashers in here. I have seen a few dumpers pop out of ssdd male hybrids so… I have a feeling

The water knocks em over but they come back up

31 Likes

What SSDD crosses have you grown out so far? I’ve like all that I’ve tried so far but my numbers are on the lower side. Just got done trimming a Waking Dream and Triple Sunshine is not far behind.

waking dream

I think you told me my Space Monkey pheno sounded like a gg4 pheno years ago on RIU, but that’s been one of the most impressive phenos I’ve come across from Bodhi still to date. Wish I didn’t let go of that mom. Never had an authentic GG4 JW cut, only dispensary GG4, hybrids and RIL from TG as a comparison. The pine pheno of Space Monkey was my fav.

Space Monkey pine pheno

4 out of 4 of my last SSDD F1 tests were all disappointing but my ‘keeper’ F1 looks like it would make a great hashplant.

Dunno what butterscotch is but sounds awesome crossed w/ SSDD!

39 Likes