Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

I grew out Bodhi’s Acapulco Gold and was caught off guard by work and the bigger requirements needed. The pots were too small and I should have transplanted them early in flower. The end result was I cloned the females and made the original ladies seed plants. The clones faired much better though I was humbled by the plant and learned a lot. At 8 weeks they have plenty of time to go.

51 Likes

Which cloner is that Puff?

2 Likes

Clone King

3 Likes

Old Soul f2, getting big. ~6’tall. Great branching, thiiiick stems, still general cannabis smells. Go ladybug, go!

40 Likes

Beautiful plant!

5 Likes

Very healthy!

4 Likes

Hey fans of BODHI, DOC D and MANY MORE!
Great seed packs are being auctioned right now to HELP KIDS W CANCER.

20 Likes

Tallest of 3 Lav Jacks

TS - A - Foxtailing quite a bit. Was at least 90 in the tent today, probably closer to 100 when I was gone.

SSDD

50 Likes

anyone know what the status is on SSDD as a male? (as in, has bodhi said anything if it is retired or to expect any re-stock or new stuff?)

11 Likes

He lost it. It appears like the banks are mostly out of SSDD crosses as well as we haven’t seen any restocks in the past few drops.

I’ve only gone through 1.5 packs of SSDD F1s but to me it feels like it’s easier to find high quality plants in the SSDD crosses than in the F1s. I am really happy with that Triple Sunshine (tk x ssdd) pictured above but really all have been great. I’d pop them while they’re still viable!

23 Likes

i have some silver sunshine on last week of flower. the smells are really nice two are lemon/citric and the other is lemon/sweet. had some early samples and was impressed for such a low-bud sample.

ive also been looking at your stuff, some of Holy’s, and AB commenting on it as well. all peaked my interest. but crosses nowhere to be found.

13 Likes

I’ve grown out :

GG4 X SSDD (GG4 X SSDD)
Waking Dream (Wifi X SSDD)
Kush 4 x SSDD (Kush 4 x SSDD)
Sunshine Queen (3 Kings OG x SSDD)
Triple Sunshine (tk x ssdd)

and currently have growing some

Baba Kush (Bubba x SSDD)
Chem 91 SVA x SSDD (Chem 91 SVA x SSDD)

I’d grow any of them out again. Very interested to hear your final thoughts on Silver Sunshine, bet it’ll be great. Seems like that male is pretty consistent in putting out quality.

24 Likes

I’d also like to see some pics of the silver sunshine. I have 3 going right now but all are in first week of flower so nothing spectacular yet.

Field Trip was the SSDD cross I’ve run and loved. It’s why I’m running some Silver Sunshine, few Blue Sunshine crosses, and the only seed I found in my favorite Field Trip plant turned out to be a female so I’m running that too

16 Likes

How many different SSDD dads did Bodhi have? I seem to remember reading that he lost one early on and then hunted to try to find another because he liked it so much. He then retired the second one more recently. Not sure how accurate any of that is lol.

17 Likes

100% accurate. Orange Sunshine, Elf Snacks, and maybe a couple others had the original dad

17 Likes

Hey Guys, would anyone have any Bodhi Pollen for trade / ect.
I am trying to do a pollen chuck this season I have 2 Bodhi strains to chuck on and 10 other strains. The seeds will become gift seeds for Overgrow and friends. I’ll try to make a topic about this later, just drumming up some Ideas.

Strains up for Pollination
Goji OG F2 (Tall Totem Pole Pheno)
Rainbow Serpent (Red Sap)

I would be stoked to Bx the Goji or F3 if anyone has Goji or Snow Lotus Leaner Pollen

11 Likes

@The_Lazy_Hippie yep @VAhomegrown called it

If we go by the 2014 fridge list there’s also crosses to A11G (sister to Elf Snacks which used A13 Gorilla Arm), Chem 3 and 4 (the infamous Sunshine 4) and Goji OG by that time, presumably those are all the first SSDD dad.

EDIT: I was wrong, there’s no A11 cross, but there is Little Blessings #2 which was Breeder Steve/SOL Sweet Skunk crossed to either Talk of Kabul or SSDD

11 Likes

Is Sunshine #4 a SSDD cut? I’ve got LVTK x Sunshine #4 from GLG freebies.

Answered my own question googling. Duh. It’s Chem 4 SSDD. Glad I have this female in a solo cup from a year ago still. Best houseplants I have.

7 Likes

Yup Chem 4 x SSDD:

5 Likes

Wrong thread. Edited out my comment. Not sure why this posted here.

3 Likes