Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

I’m growing bodhi’s pinesoul cut of the goji outdoor this year. From Archive’s plant nursery and dispensary. I’ll get a few photos so you can see how the clone only looks for comparison.

17 Likes

Wait you can straight up get the Pinesol cut? Do they ship? I love my Soul Mate and would love to get the straight up pinesol cut

17 Likes

4 Likes

unfortunately they can’t ship anything. it’s a local brick and mortar dispensary in oregon operated by the same people who run archive seeds. They’re the best place in town for clones.

They mostly have hype cookies type stuff, and cuts selected from their seed lines which for the most part haven’t impressed me.

But occasionally they get something really special,
like the sour diesel Doc D used for a while, or their old Blueberry cut, modern classics like the obama, and recently bodhi’s pinesoul.

21 Likes

Yeah there is really one person to blame for that. He was so jealous that he wasn’t the center of attention for something going on with this site that he went into every goji og thread and threw shade on the project and really killed the vibe. Real shame as I agree that there is probably some straight fire in those F2’s.

17 Likes

I’ve seen photos of the Goji OG plant(s) @ramblinrose made for that F2 run. Looked just awesome! I’m really looking forward to growing out the F2 seeds i got from him.

But Goji OG’s effects don’t fit my wife’s nerve-pain medical needs as much as SSDD, so the Goji F2 took a back seat to @HolyAngel ’s SSDD f2bx1 seeds.

22 Likes

Theres also @50State Goji OG X Cali-O 77 x SSDD

It combined two of the most uplifting strains with one of the most medical.

14 Likes

Out of likes.
^AKA “Orange Goji” Goji OG x Orange Sunshine. I know mister bee and others had that one. Worth asking on the Seed Trading thread.

16 Likes

honestly, this would be the best way. You’d have to rely on the person(s) making selections though, unless they were just straight OP, so you would need someone with some good knowledge/experience in the lines and picking clones from them. I’d love to see it happen though, either in a big warehouse, or light dep in hoops.

that’s cool to hear! I don’t suffer from pain, but it’s nice to hear that other lines hold some medicinal value as well.

yeah, honestly this is where I’m at. I have a pack of Goji F2s from the Co-op, and some additional F2s from other OG members, but like Zephyr, I’m also flowering the Pinesoul clone out right now. The Pinesoul is a Goji F2, so we know there’s some fire in those beans, they just need to be hunted. I’m going to see what’s up with the Pinesoul, I may reverse a spare clone of her this run and hit the TK, Chem 91, Chem D, and Bubba to make fems, but also would like to look through the F2s at some point and possibly find a suitable male to hit back to the Pinesoul. Either way… I would love to see some more of those Goji F2s popped, I bet there’s some heat there.

21 Likes

Don’t remember that really and don’t see how such a cool project could have shade thrown on it. I think I had to unwatch when it became a wiki because of notification spam so maybe that’s why I missed that. So many people put a lot of time and effort into that project at every level and was really awesome to see unfold. One of if not the coolest project I’ve seen on OG.

Definitely. The few that I’ve seen grow out looked very nice.

That and some clear selection criteria. Everyone has different preferences and some people may think bubbashine is where it’s at while for my personal tastes I like the 2nd ssdd male that Bodhi used which isn’t buttered blueberry muffins or ultra dreamy like the bubbashine pheno is. Regardless popping that many seeds there’s bound to be a lot of very nice plants across the various phenotypes found.

Ya but you may find something as good as if not better & more unique in the f2s!!

14 Likes

Ah that’s cool to know thank you!
I have some Soul Mate (Goji x Wookie) f2s and a pack of Orange Wookie Bx,

The nerve pain relief stuff is for my partner, she suffer quite badly from a couple things that really take a toll on her at times.
When I last grew out the Soul Mate she did enjoy that smoke, so I might return to those f2s again soon.

:v:

13 Likes

Which version was that? I made some Sunny Lemon Wookies from some SSDD x W and Lemon Diesel x Wookie testers. The few I grew out were excellent smoke, but I didn’t really pay attention to the nerve pain effect… I already had a SSDD for that. I need to revisit them :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This one just moved to the front of the line to be popped.
Vroom vroom.

14 Likes

Hope that wasn’t me man! I only mentioned having an F1 cut that was super stable, purple, viney, just as @syzygy mentioned, but I did get a herm in NON Coop f2’s. Love the cut I had, lost it so I will be going through those f2’s for sure. Amazing project that you and the other growers pulled off. Was very cool to see and I will grow and show for sure. After my current top secret project. :grin:

16 Likes

this is half of the top bud of one of my temple v1. I know, it still has at least 2 weeks to go if not a bit more. but things in the tent (temperature and airflow) were not going right and i had to reset before it got worse (it was also too crowded, hitting the lights all the time… a mess, it really needed a reset).

I was half way thru cutting it into pieces (amazingly no mold considering the circumstances) when i decided to take a pic.

26 Likes

lol no man you’re good =)

11 Likes

8/1/2023

Pop them seeds Minnesota!

37 Likes

Hell yea, there’s bound to be something special in those, big fan of the snow lotus cross I’ve got jarred up right now, somewhat similar parentage to that one

14 Likes

Blockquote Also, anyone with experience with Bodhis Kashmir in general as a male,

I’ve made 20 outcrosses using a Kashmir Azad male from Bodhi, but have only grown out 2 personally. Looks like I need to grow more of these out!

In my limited experience with the Kashmir male, it’s fantastic bc it doesn’t seem to dominate the cross like most Heirlooms seem to do.

The 2 outcrosses grown were:

• Strawberries & Cream f2 (Exotic Genetix) x Kashmir Azad
  • Runtz (Exotic Genetix) x Kashmir Azad

Both crosses seemed to be improved on from the mom. The S&C mom was improved on by adding more strength, yield, and some creamy/greasiness. Not much of the S&C taste/flavor profile was lost, but added in a small amount more of the creamy profile. The Runtz outcross had more strength to it, while allowing the flavor/taste profile to come through about 80%, with a more “fluffy” taste profile.

Vigor and yield were also improved on both. If the moms were a 4/10 on yield, the outcrosses are about a 6.5.

In other words, the Kashmir Azad male has some magic to it.

18 Likes

Interesting… if I remember correctly the description for Artifact 1 x Kashmir said something about both parents being dominant.

:man_shrugging:

11 Likes