Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

3 posts were split to a new topic: Bodhi Packs for Trade

So holding my tongue right now.

6 Likes

I’ve been looking for love triangle and blueberry snow. Doesn’t mean i’ll buy them or pay some ridiculous price for them when I can recreate them myself at this point. With snow lotus seeds that I have and old blueberry clone available in San Jose… I could. Best to just look on strainly to see what people have listed. Also can look on DC seed exchange now they have auctions listed. I’m happy with my $45 a pack and I actually think Bodhis newer stuff is better than the stuff from ten years ago but that’s just grading on a curve.

This post could also easily just be you advertising your seeds in the form of a question to bypass the sites rules. I’m just hoping that isn’t the case since you’ve been a member so long.

12 Likes

Why not just list them for what you want and when the market doesn’t respond to the high price, lower until they do?

4 Likes

No reason for anyone to hold their tongue, let it rip. I am coming back to forums after like 6+ years of nothing and fell off really years before that. I found it better to spend my time growing and breeding rather than arguing on forums with people that just want to argue and cause issues.

I just don’t want to jerk people around if the community says less its fine with me when I post them on whatever site (so far everyone says DC seed exchange and Strainly) if anyone’s heard of others I will look at them. Just trying to get an average. I haven’t been messing with boards in forever so I am out of the loop on value on a lot of things.

Someone can make a ton off f2’s if bodhi didn’t care I don’t keep up on politics of seeds anymore nor care maybe he would /shrug. I just don’t have the time in my grow schedule for them. Spent a good 2 years combing through already doing 200 plants grows and selfed what I wanted so I somewhat feel okay with letting go of my extras. It would be like 4 years before I could get to these again and I have a million F2’s. The originals need to be preserved by someone though my f2’s stay with me and will never be distributed in any manner.

10 Likes

Bodhi came here and clarified it himself.

14 Likes

Ahh neat I am glad he was okay with hybrids. That is where I have always been too when I had my own little stuff going on. Don’t go and self my work or simply f2, but feel free to use it! I think this is great for everyone because it allows new breeders to step up and offer their takes on strains and it gives a ton of advertising to the original breeder all while increasing the gene pool (hopefully with good stuff lol).

5 Likes

Given that there’s been a significant effort by members of this forum to preserve discontinued Bodhi lines and distribute them basically for free, I think it’s pretty disingenuous to talk about wanting to see the multiple packs being held preserved all while talking stupid Strainly pricing (I get it, people ask those kinds of prices for discontinued and rare packs, doesn’t make the prices less stupid).

14 Likes

That’s pretty high, but those auctions always go over.

A little digging and packs like that can be found for half that or less.

2 Likes

Agreed especially when asking 4-6x the original price tag because they sat in a drawer or in the fridge for years some of those at this point are over a decade old becoming expensive birdfeed never got why people ask crazy prices for old packs even being rarer these things have a expiration date after all especially ones like sunshine daydream for example that has been found to have medicinal properties for numerous people I understand recouping cost of the packs that you spent on it but 🤷

11 Likes

12 Likes

So @40ampstofreedom are you looking to sell some packs and curious about pricing or do you have some listed and ppl don’t like the prices?

2 Likes

He should be selling them for $45 each like GLG lol

5 Likes

Appreciate the midnight cowboy report! Haven’t seen a lot on that one and I always assumed it would be some very tasty bud. How was the high - I’m assuming based on mendopurple and wookie it’s a mellow not super potent high. I always thought it would be a cool one to find a male in to make some flavorful hybrids.

9 Likes

At least someone had the sense to stock up on those packs when they were available, instead of complaining when they went out of stock… supply and demand. I have plenty of old packs from 15 years ago and because I stored them properly I have no issue germinating them when I want. Does that mean if I were to sell them, compensation for taking care of them shouldn’t be taken into consideration?

1. Well, I don’t think you have to go extreme either way. I feel I am being balanced asking what everyone here thought was fair so I could price accordingly. So far I have a lot of input to go off of.

2. I just found out about Strainly and DC Exchange yesterday. I have no clue what goes on at either auction site. I don’t know if it’s auction only or you can do buy outs at set prices. I didn’t even know you could sell and trade here in reasonable quantities now as long as you aren’t trying to be a vendor and not pay your dues, which I think is awesome. So far I am waiting to be approved to vend there and have done my bitcoin wallet etc. It seems like an alright place.

3. Since I have no clue what has gone on here for over 6 years and barely visited when I was a member here how would I know what projects have gone on? I am glad they have that’s awesome and I hope some get my seeds and release them for free, but I don’t see why I should have to give my originals away for free because people on here decided to f2 and s1 there packs and give them away for free as they should because they are not originals…Not trying to take anyone’s aura away on here because I want to sell a couple of rare packs of beans for prices I was paying 24 fuckin years ago and gladly paying it, and would gladly pay it again. You act like these are going for thousands or some THC farmer BS. I spend 200 and 250 bucks on original brother grimms seeds and many others and they were damn well worth it and there was nothing stupid about their value, but for those who have issues with envy and jealousy.

As far as being disingenuous I can see your view if I had any clue what has gone on in any forum for 6 years+. I feel that’s a bit presumptive and expecting me to just give away my seeds or make 0 profit, to be quite self righteous to be honest. Forum pettiness at its finest /shrug.

3 Likes

Trading my Goji OG f1 half pack for a 1991 jeep grand cherokee if anyone has one.

7 Likes

I think you can sell long as you have site approvals, and I believe that’s a sponsorship. But trade yeah, there’s a few good trade threads.

I think dcseedexchange or maybe shoe at headiegardens would be a good option.
Couple people have not had the best experience with strainly as vendors

2 Likes

Does it need to run? Come get it out of my barn and you can have it.

2 Likes