Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

I have a couple packs, hoping to get to them… some day.

5 Likes

Just wanted to thank @syzygy again for their generosity and amazing photos :camera_flash:

9 Likes

Those are some good lookin guys you got there, the dla 5.3 that I started are all really slow and have virtually no internodal spacing.

7 Likes

Does anyone have a decent Idea of how many crosses Bodhi has done? Seems like when I get up to speed there is another 10 that pop up out of the blue…

1 Like

Thats a long list bud. Hes been at this since the beginning of cultivation forums. And he drops new stuff consistently.

3 Likes

Here is a start, not all are listed.

7 Likes

Someone like @MonsterDrank or someone I could see having a master list of everything. That’s the person I’d probably start with.

2 Likes

Shoutout to monster drank :pray:

3 Likes

@Cannavore has also done a lot of documentation of bodhi strains

8 Likes

I check here daily before buying most cultivars. Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

Good call there.

VIA COPA

29 Likes

Nice! I have great conversation with them on IG. Very helpful, friendly, straight to the point. Cannot wait to grow more of their crosses!

2 Likes

A lot of good information

here is some

The original Herijuana?

10 Likes

This was fun to read! Thank you for saving me some questions :grin:

1 Like

bodhi related breeding nomenclature question:

I just popped a bunch of my guava hashplant f2 b selection, and guava hashplant f2 b selection ix to f1 male. (f2 “B” named for the original f1 mother’s plant label)

I’ve been calling them guava f2b and guava bix for seed storage and plant labels. The b selection is high yielding with hints of purple, white resin, and fruity passionfruit mango type smells.

(I also have a guava F mother f2 selection with smaller buds, black pepper savory toasty and caramelized onion and garlic smells, and glassy resin.)

I’ll be taking the B f2 to f3, and crossing the f2 ix to the selected f2 males.

What would the proper labeling be for that kind of line breeding?

an f1 hybrid taken to f2, then f2 in-crossed to a different f1 male, then incrossed to f2 generation male

basically it’s a line inbred for 3 generations.
ix3?
or would it be something like (f2 ix2)?

7 Likes

So you’re calling the f2 ix, an incross not a backcross, because it uses a different male from the f1?

Just want to clarify. I never thought about using ix for that I guess

1 Like

If you don’t mind, @zephyr at the same time I’d like to ask

I had this motorbreath x wedding crasher pack that I had a friend pop and use a male to pollinate motorbreath 15 (from rarebuyer) with

I’ve been unable to get jbeezy to say what motorbreath cut he used.

But I’ve been calling this a motorbreath bx of sorts. Should I keep using bx? Or what would you call it?

1 Like

That’s right. as far as I know technically it’s only a bx if it uses one of the original parent phenos.

That’s an interesting question, if it was the same motorbreath cut that would be a bx. Without knowing that specific detail, “bx of sorts” definitely tells the story haha. Yeah I might informally call that a bx.

I think ix could be accurate too, because you know that even if the motorbreath 15 wasn’t the exact cut used in the jbeezy hybrid, it is a pheno of that same motorbreath parent line.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been calling it a bx of sorts cause, I think he probably used mb15, but, he didn’t write down the pheno number, and there do seem to be other cuts, so what the fuck? Haha

I got these motorbreath f2 seeds but now I have no idea if they’re legit. I’m gonna assume they are but… sigh

2 Likes