Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

Looks great! Glad to see this one grown out! Haven’t seen a lot of pics/info on any of the Master Kush crosses. Can’t wait to hear how it smokes!

11 Likes

Any updates on the Zaps? :grinning:

2 Likes

I fell in love with the name. Very curious and staying tuned!

2 Likes

Here’s an update on what I posted sometime back. It seems like COPA is doing a Bubbashine BX. Also a bunch of other crosses like bubbashine X bubbashine x 88g13hp, Starchild and Godhead. Going to be a good freebie season for bodhi fans. Seems he used the most crinkled.

15 Likes

After their claim on the ridiculous level of F gens they couldn’t possibly of reached by the time they said were selling it. I became suspicious of Copa.
After reading them claiming they were working towards what they were with their strains , including being faster outdoors , and not seeing any of it play out in any of the reports online .
I am more then good on Copa , and I think it would be great if people stopped trying to piggy back Copa in the Bodhi thread.
Glad they had tons of loot to buy up tons of Bodhi gear.
I have yet to see a single example of how they have even slightly improved on what they bought.

15 Likes

Does any body know where someone can find prayer tower sativa? I thought I had seen a repro done on it a while ago, but I’m not too sure

3 Likes

Mass Medical did an F2 of Prayer Tower and there are a lot of Mass Medical Crosses using Prayer Tower.

4 Likes

Going to be trying to do a small f2 project coming in the next few weeks I’m super stoked about getting sent a few blueberry hill ( dj short blueberry x Appalachia) these where put into cold storage after getting them back in 2012 and came from the same source as the pagoda f1s I did a repro with so having high hopes for germ rates hoping for a male and female :crossed_fingers:

21 Likes

Wasn’t Copa a long standing tester for Bodhi initially?

3 Likes

That is def one of Bodhi’s all time greats. Good luck with your adventure.

5 Likes

SO was Gu from Greenpoint LMAO
And so was I

Doesn’t mean a damn thing other then you once tested for Bodhi .

They are clearly now simply another greenrush breeder trying to capitalize off of Bodhi’s name.
Even worse , they clearly have an absolutely ridiculous starting point and either don’t know how to , or do not care to , build from that.

Instead they chose to make ridiculous claims , most of us know are absolutely not true.

12 Likes

Nothin major - 3/4 are female! I wont be flowering them for 2 months, soo I might have to clone them to keep it manageable haha.

4 Likes

Ok I see your point but I guess I lack the giving a shit part. Buy his seeds, or don’t. Either way I’ll just move on with my day because this is a Bodhi thread, not Copa. You guys on line who grow never miss a chance to bad mouth others I’ve noticed .

5 Likes

I’m just wondering, what’s with the white powder all over the leaf and the hand? just pollen hopefully?

3 Likes

He was discussing the pollination of all the other plants.

2 Likes

I just don’t get why copa consistently selects for plants with mutations that could be considered flaws. like that whorled crinkled leaf in the photo, or resemble viroid symptoms like specifically selecting the variegated appalachia instead of phenos that looked clean.

16 Likes

Some people believe those are indicators of potency.

I grew out a COPA appy f4 cross and it didn’t have the intelligence of Bodhi’s appy crosses.

3 Likes

Because that nonsense is the only thing that might make them stand out as breeder , is my guess.
Meanwhile , outside of actually BB back in the day , most of us have never seen a mutant amount to anything worthwhile.
They have clearly not come up with even a single slightly winner at this point. Guess they are hoping for some freakshow shit or something.

How dare we call out folks trying to bank on Bodhi’s work lol

3 Likes

I asked copa about it one time on breedbay,

(actually mentioned the blueberry as an example where there was a non-viroid explanation for crinkle and variegation)

me:

Although I gotta say, here in oregon where hemp mosaic virus and hemp latent viroid run rampant in the commercial markets,
variegated cannabis kinda gives me the heebie jeebies.
Is there any additional info on that variegated appalachia, and why it is expressing variegation?
I know it can be a genetic trait, it occasionally shows up in blueberry seed lines apparently due to colchicine treatments in that breeding process.

copa:

Chem D is in the Appy lineage and the male I used is a Chem D leaner. The Chem D cut has variegated traits. The P25 also has variegation as well but is unrelated genetically (as far as I know) to Chem D. In my experience… variegation is a good indicator of potency. I am a selective breeder, not a scientist. I hope this helps.

He mentioned the potential correlation with potency, but didn’t really address the viroid question. I appreciated the response, but not exactly what I hoped to hear.

I know that the variegated chem supposedly tests negative for hlvd, but I also know there is a meristem tissue cultured chem cut which is completely clean of variegation. Which does imply a potential viroid of some kind in that chem d cut.

Regardless of how that breaks down scientifically, I wouldn’t want anything that was selected towards the risky traits.

10 Likes

discussion is good, contentious discussion can be interesting and productive,
but please don’t make it into personal insults.

12 Likes