Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

This is the other male I have. More broad also. Much smaller leaves too. Almost comically small compared to the other male and female. Runty possibly although all three are the same height. The female is probably a heavy LL leaner. Only time will tell.

26 Likes

I don’t know what it is but I’ve been vaping it for months and it is great.

2 Likes

Angel wing afghan is an old Dutch heirloom variety. Not a straight Afghan landrace.

10 Likes

Interesting. It was released pure or that’s a cross with it?

1 Like

Oh interesting. Do you know anything what about it?

2 Likes

It is high in terpinoline and reminds me of African strains. Slightly trippy with no lethargy. Great lime taste that coats the entire mouth and throat.

11 Likes

That sounds awesome! I’m sure the cross to the Hawaiian will produce some great old school. :grin::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Actually I meant desert lime. I got the other person I was replying to and you mixed up. I don’t know about the angel wing but there’s a post on bodhi ig about it.

6 Likes

Silver Unicorn #2
(Super Silver Haze x Purple Unicorn F3)

Silver Unicorn #5

This was a nightmare of a run from start to finish and I didn’t do these plants any justice. I had some environmental issues / struggles with high humidity and high temps.

Add to that at some point in the run I impulsively decided drive 1700 miles with my son across Europe for a few days to watch England lose at the Euro finals and introduce him to wild camping, fine larger’s and tasty meat. It was really about the road trip and hanging out, lol I don’t even like football, but this ment I had to underwater then overwater my tents before the trip leading to some fluctuations with feed. As these plants were flowered in 1.5ltrs of soil and hand watered (in a 2x3 under Scope LED) it did affect them but to give B and the plants credit, flavour, effect and nose are all on point.

The Silver Unicorn was a freebie from GLG and picked due to the Super Silver Haze mother. Few years back I was gifted the Core Cut of Amnesia Haze, which is a stand out pheno of Super Silver Haze found by seed by HY-Pro. Very distinct nose and flavour with a great smiley, motivated, sociable, happy high. I wanted to find a SSH leaner with some PU F3 influence.

Popped 5 seeds and blessed with 2 females, #2 and #5. Both responded well to being topped early with the side branches growing thick and sturdy. Very uniform plants, with slight purple hues on the calyx’s. The nose on both from the start was loud, sharp intense penetrating citrus followed by warmed berries wrapped in a musky fuelly mechanics rag.

I smoke pure joints (bit unusual in the UK) with a glass tip. A dry toke on a joint was pure bliss and reminiscent of years back.

The inhale is dominated by the sharp intense citrus from the SSH, can feel it in every corner of my mouth. Exhale coats the mouth and is leans towards warm berries with a musky fuel background. High’s pretty instant, heart rate goes up slightly, a little tight and heavy behind the eyes but the cerebral euphoric high is beautiful. Everything is great and I’ve a smile on my face. Its a long lasting high, no need to keep smoking.

The one down side we’ve found with this strain is you wont sleep smoking this late in the night.

As mentioned I topped early and the clones didn’t root. I’m looking at the plants that I’m trying to reveg and its not looking great. But there’s half a pack of seeds I’ll be popping as soon as I can, possibly the 18th of this month as its a full moon here.

Well done if you’ve read all that lol, here’s some Red Eye Jedi harvested recently from the 4x4 that ticks all the boxes. The last seed from the pack turned out to be the best.

48 Likes

Thanks for the write up on silver unicorn! Shes been pretty high up on my list to hunt for a mother

9 Likes

Who can we trust? Who has what? What I know to be desert lime is this

But now I’ve just seen this… from a different company

Completely different terpenes and more CBD and CBG which converts to even more CBD. The one i’ve been using seems much more accurate to description in taste and effect. I have not tried the second one.

6 Likes

Jadenectar on IG just posted a video of Space Nectar from Bodhi. That’s Santa Cruz Blue Dream x Wookie 15. He is in Santa Cruz so you can see how well it grows. I know a lot of people don’t use IG and i’ve never seen this before. I thought it was exceptional and wanted to share.

38 Likes

Couple pics of Purple Goji… guess about 2nd week of October to finish.

32 Likes

You’re welcome mate, I’m sure you’ll find something special from your hunt.

Just popped another 5 Silver Unicorn beans! Timed with the full moon :new_moon:

7 Likes

looks like wookie buds to me - rolling thunder has that look also

I wonder the height on the plants with the purple unicorn mom I feel like that shrinks that jack in the purple empress, but sweetens her up. the silver x purple unicorn looks very nice above and cool the silver is dominant

11 Likes

Had a grow-friend recently order themselves a pack of Bodhi at my suggestion. They typically buy 3 feminized seeds, and then pop 1 or 2 of them with the thought that that will be a good representation of the strain( I disagree.) They have already told me there will be leftover Bodhi seeds that will be offered to me. How to convince them to pop them all? Or don’t, then I’ll get a half pack of Bodhi on the cheap?

6 Likes

The great thing about Bodhi packs is that I usually get 11-13 seeds and that means I can grow 2-4 and see if it is something that i’d be into. If I end up liking the strain then I can grow it again 1-2 cycles or open pollinate the other 9-11 seeds and continue to have the strain indefinitely. It is all about finding what works for you.

19 Likes

What would be the heavy indica/ pain reliever Strain that is available from Bodhi. I smoke flower and prefer green over purple as well for some reason. Thank you Kami

9 Likes

If you can find any, the SSDD crosses have had some of the best “weighted blanket” type of relaxing high I’ve found. Baba Kush was excellent for that - I bet the kush4 x ssdd f2s from the box a year ago or so would have that as well. SSDD is known to help nerve pain issues too.

I haven’t found the g13hp male to bring that effect for me, more of a strong heady start with an eventual crash.

16 Likes

You can try snugglefunk or black lotus.

7 Likes