Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

Agreed especially when asking 4-6x the original price tag because they sat in a drawer or in the fridge for years some of those at this point are over a decade old becoming expensive birdfeed never got why people ask crazy prices for old packs even being rarer these things have a expiration date after all especially ones like sunshine daydream for example that has been found to have medicinal properties for numerous people I understand recouping cost of the packs that you spent on it but šŸ¤·

11 Likes

12 Likes

So @40ampstofreedom are you looking to sell some packs and curious about pricing or do you have some listed and ppl donā€™t like the prices?

2 Likes

He should be selling them for $45 each like GLG lol

5 Likes

Appreciate the midnight cowboy report! Havenā€™t seen a lot on that one and I always assumed it would be some very tasty bud. How was the high - Iā€™m assuming based on mendopurple and wookie itā€™s a mellow not super potent high. I always thought it would be a cool one to find a male in to make some flavorful hybrids.

9 Likes

At least someone had the sense to stock up on those packs when they were available, instead of complaining when they went out of stockā€¦ supply and demand. I have plenty of old packs from 15 years ago and because I stored them properly I have no issue germinating them when I want. Does that mean if I were to sell them, compensation for taking care of them shouldnā€™t be taken into consideration?

1. Well, I donā€™t think you have to go extreme either way. I feel I am being balanced asking what everyone here thought was fair so I could price accordingly. So far I have a lot of input to go off of.

2. I just found out about Strainly and DC Exchange yesterday. I have no clue what goes on at either auction site. I donā€™t know if itā€™s auction only or you can do buy outs at set prices. I didnā€™t even know you could sell and trade here in reasonable quantities now as long as you arenā€™t trying to be a vendor and not pay your dues, which I think is awesome. So far I am waiting to be approved to vend there and have done my bitcoin wallet etc. It seems like an alright place.

3. Since I have no clue what has gone on here for over 6 years and barely visited when I was a member here how would I know what projects have gone on? I am glad they have thatā€™s awesome and I hope some get my seeds and release them for free, but I donā€™t see why I should have to give my originals away for free because people on here decided to f2 and s1 there packs and give them away for free as they should because they are not originalsā€¦Not trying to take anyoneā€™s aura away on here because I want to sell a couple of rare packs of beans for prices I was paying 24 fuckin years ago and gladly paying it, and would gladly pay it again. You act like these are going for thousands or some THC farmer BS. I spend 200 and 250 bucks on original brother grimms seeds and many others and they were damn well worth it and there was nothing stupid about their value, but for those who have issues with envy and jealousy.

As far as being disingenuous I can see your view if I had any clue what has gone on in any forum for 6 years+. I feel thatā€™s a bit presumptive and expecting me to just give away my seeds or make 0 profit, to be quite self righteous to be honest. Forum pettiness at its finest /shrug.

3 Likes

Trading my Goji OG f1 half pack for a 1991 jeep grand cherokee if anyone has one.

8 Likes

I think you can sell long as you have site approvals, and I believe thatā€™s a sponsorship. But trade yeah, thereā€™s a few good trade threads.

I think dcseedexchange or maybe shoe at headiegardens would be a good option.
Couple people have not had the best experience with strainly as vendors

2 Likes

Does it need to run? Come get it out of my barn and you can have it.

2 Likes

hmmmmm Iā€™ve been pondering this latest topic all day since it came up. I donā€™t know what those Bodhi packs are worth on the open market but I do have some thoughts.

I have a few bottles of alchohol here that were sold in limitted batches. As each one of those bottles gets opened, the ā€œvalueā€ of the unopened ones goes up. So one of those bottles I received was retailed at 650.00 but today I could sell it on the open market for 5 times that amount. Itā€™s the basic rules of supply and demand.

The question then becomesā€¦ why would this not apply to seeds with high regard and pedigree?
If the market bears the higher prices because of scarcity or rarityā€¦ I donā€™t think I can truly find fault in anyone who seeks that market value for thier seeds.
Now Iā€™m not saying Iā€™m okay with those prices listed but someone out there might be I dunno.
Iā€™d love a pack of Dank Zappa and Goji Og originals but itā€™s a hard pass for meā€¦ Iā€™m broke :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Those are both banks though, maybe theyā€™d buy rare packs to auction offā€¦ but they probably arenā€™t paying Strainly prices for them.

I think the market will bear what it will bear, but I wouldnā€™t go strolling into a group for trading old bottles of bourbon and expect it to go over that well if I drop that Iā€™m selling some Old Pappy Van Winkle for 8k a bottle and asking if thatā€™s a good price.

2 Likes

Option to look into.
Strainly has fees for a lot of stuff. Person hits buy to ask you a question you get charged.
I donā€™t know how those to banks work with auctions
They may buy them or just take a commission
To be fair people are asking thousands for new seed packs.
@40ampstofreedom get what you can for them. The time frame your talking about it was 70 a pack also, not 45.
Iā€™ll be sitting next to @SHSC-1 on the broke bench :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

$77 a pack + tax + shipping so weā€™re talking almost $100 a pack.

1 Like

Haha they charge for getting asked questions? I just signed up not sure I am into that level of bs. In trading card industry they just post your cards for 10% fee. We used to do the same on seedbay for icmag. So basic and easy. I was trying to find what they were chargin on strainly. Hell, maybe I should just sell them in small quantities on here since I now know you can, I just assumed that wasnā€™t an option before I spoke with mods.

I am not trying to be a seedbank I need to fund finishing a grow room to wrap some breeding projects up. I hate selling any of my seeds ;\ researched the hell out of my entire library before I bought. Everything had a specific purpose in a breeding project.

2 Likes

There are two members on here that have been vendors on strainly. They could give you more insight
@TestOfOath and @OriginalDankmaster96 are the members. They can both explain how it works as a vendor.
There are two options on strainly. Buy and question. If I hit buy to ask a question, you pay the commission even if I donā€™t purchase

4 Likes

I am surprised this site doesnā€™t have some sort of component. I would think setting up something similar to what TCG companies have would be incredibly useful and also profitable and within reason. These days with trading cards you donā€™t even need to sort them. Companies do it for you or you can buy machines that do it and they are the size of printer. Really neat what technology is doing in every sector.

2 Likes

Original site got closed down for seed sales. Staying as far from that as possible now. Even co-op boxes are just to cover shipping costs.
Maybe weā€™ll talk you into donating a pack or two for a co-op reproduction :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes