Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

I have not tried any yet. It just got out of testing. I honestly wasn’t expecting it to test this high. I really want to try it though, because if I know Bodhi, chances are high it will be awesome. I’ll try and post some nug shots and a smoke report when I try it. :v:

9 Likes

Sheesh! How many plants? I’ll be running it in a 2x4 with 300w.
Im sure it’s hard to say after the fact but when do you think it would have been done had you not let it keep foxtailing? I’m growing a strain I expect to go 12 weeks right now, and was hoping to keep it to 9-10 weeks for the next run.
Seems like most wookie crosses finish around then so I figured I’d probably be good, maybe not :grimacing:
I don’t have the patience for 12 weeker after 12 weeker :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I had 2 females. I usually take my plants long, probably 12 weeks on average. I would probably aim for that if I ran it again, but I’m guessing 10 weeks would be within the harvest window. They had tennis ball sized nugs top to bottom, so that’s where the yield came from. I didn’t grow them really big

7 Likes

I did three Cherry Lotus (fat cherry mom) over the winter. They turned out great. Barely any stretch on them, so the yield wasn’t huge. More than enough for my personal use, though.
The nugs looked denser on the plant, but were a little fluffier once dried.

They had the full on cherry smell and taste. I was really happy with that. After some time in the jars, there was a red wine flavour along with the candy cherry. Nice high. Very pleasant. One is a little more “up” in effect, the other two are more on the chill side. All work for me.

10 Likes

I completely fucked up 2pks of Cherry Queen.
I don’t recall terps nor effects.
Super susceptible to budrot so make sure your dehumidifier has a dehumidifer…
But huge yields across all the females, almost zero stretch in flower, average flower:leaf ratio, above average density (they weren’t rocks per se but werent fluffy in the slightest).

Still sitting on some DLA#? Fat Cherry packs, but weary of wasting those too :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

The 88g13hp may add enhanced mold/mildew resistance.

7 Likes

Anybody run monarch yet? other than the one person that already did

1 Like

Mmm that’s exciting! I have two packs of dla#10 aka cherry queen x ghash, a single pack of the cherry queen herself, and a single pack of the Fat Strawberry I want to get into.

10 Likes

Cherry queens huge yield comes from the OMG dad. Every OMG plant i have grown has been huge fat long colas. The OMG dad also seems to influence the smells of its crosses quite a bit. In a good way in my opinion.

20 Likes

Got some Bodhi plants in the ground. :seedling:

-Celestial Citron
-Baba Kush
-Triple Sunshine f2, thanks @syzygy

Have males of these for f-gens and crosses.
Also have pollen from last year of Old Soul f2 and GG4 x SSDD (from Copa’s f6 worked line).

Nothing pic worthy yet, stay tuned and happy summer :tada: :beers:. (I’m a middle school teacher and today was my last student day, thank Jeebus.)

24 Likes

Cant wait to hear about the Celestial Citron. I scooped that one up a while back too

9 Likes

Yeah same here! I think I tried to run that one twice and it was like hitting the reset button on my room. Both times had to trash them and everything else and start over. Definitely hoping not the case here! Was not those beans fault either. Think I have one 6 pack left that I’ve just been sitting on out of fear :laughing:

6 Likes

That fat strawberry sounds like a fun one, full strawberry moon in a week if you’re looking for signs and signals to pop em!!

3 Likes

If only I could! No seed popping until September 15th or so for me. Got some trips to take and don’t wanna deal with seedlings/veg while i’m gone. After that tho! :pray:

Might be some herm risks, but with the Fat Cherry mom, and the Nepali OG(mother’s milk/goji og mom) x Bubba Kush x Sour Diesel dad, just seems like a cross you can’t really go wrong with imo.

7 Likes

To get back to this in the discussion thread instead of the plant guide, the closest I’ve found in the last 5 years to the soaring high I’ve been looking for for the last 20 or so years, has been some Malawi I picked up at a dispensary in Oregon back in 2021.

I tried to source the cut afterwards but last I heard they culled it in favor of something else. An SSH cut I think :thinking:

15 Likes

That sounds like a good reason for me to run tiger tail next and maybe F2 it.

7 Likes

@JustANobody you got tiger tail? I’m envious for sure. Any leads on where to pick some up? I’m definitely trying to add that to the collection.

1 Like

Yesir. I won it in an auction, so I’d keep an eye out. I plan to f2 them so they will be around, next year most likely.

10 Likes

I will definitely keep an eye open, thank you. I’ll always be open to donate for some in the future too.

2 Likes

Glg order came today, score on the SSDD coozy!
Having a hard time deciding what to run next, I think I’ll pop half a pack of DI and half a pack of either midnight cowboy or master of muppets hoping to get 2-3 females of each
Planing to start them within about a week

27 Likes