Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Some black triangle that came down on day 75

35 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s just some straight-up ā€œgreen bud,ā€ huh? Or is it the lighting or something? I donā€™t see a single red/orange/pink/rusty hair anywhere. Thatā€™s cool.

Iā€™ve got a couple Black Triangles in flower now, wouldnā€™t be upset if they turned out like yours. Green budā€¦ haha.

10 Likes

exactly what I was going to say. Large and larfy colas crossed to small dense nugs can create some truly crazy plant structures.

9 Likes

Itā€™s good. Nice thick hashy nugs. Super easy to grow. Isnā€™t fully cured yet, but smells are earthy funk. I was quite stoned after a few puffs off the blunt we rolled last night. Fingers were so sticky just chunking a nug into the grinder that I had to alcohol swipe them to roll without sticking to the wrapper.

5 Likes

There was a lot of swelling of the calyxes after the pistils died back, and yeah, nice thick, very resinous nugs, without much evidence of ever even having had pistils.

4 Likes

So you think maybe let them go a little longer than you normally would? Or a little longer than I normally would, I guess. I usually judge by pistils, my loupe is useless, and I normally chop when some of the pistils have died back, but not all of them. Maybe wait until theyā€™ve all died back? Because I really do like the ā€œgreen budā€ looks of that nug you posted haha.

75 days sounds a little longer than I was anticipating, but I have some other stuff flowering that Iā€™m fully planning on taking about that long, if not longer. I have no problem with letting the Black Triangles go 75 days at all. Howā€™s yours smoking after 75 days? Heavy high? The BTā€™s are my sorta ā€œIndicaā€ strain for this round, so I wouldnā€™t be opposed to them smoking kind of lazy.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just been ignoring what the pistils do and waiting till I see cloudy/amber trichomes. Even at 75 days I didnā€™t see any amber yet. I donā€™t know if it is my set up, genetics, or what, maybe the vpd that Iā€™m at, but this round has seemed to take longer. Maybe Iā€™ve just always been chopping them too soon?

5 Likes

High Bodhi fans,

can anybody show me some 88 G13 Hashplant leaning pheno?

Thank you.

2 Likes

HP leaning pheno of DLA 5

30 Likes

I donā€™t have any pics, but have some notes on the 88g13hp male dominant phenos: structure - alternating nodes, smells - rubber, piney, jalapeno pepper (I almost got a hint of truffle from this note).
Just a couple but might help out!

7 Likes

Hereā€™s a pretty informative thread (with lots of pics!) on ndnguyā€™s 88G13HP, which I believe was the one that Bodhi used: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/88-89-g13-x-hashplant.59975/page-5

14 Likes

Sign me up for that S1 project please!!

3 Likes

Funny seeing how someone was talking about the Green Bodhi/Bodhi confusion and GBā€™s IG posts led me to thinking ā€œI havenā€™t seen a Green Bodhi post in a long timeā€ and then wouldnā€™t you know it a GB post showed up in the feed this morning touting a GB/Bodhi collab and a GB/Bodhi/Brothers Grimm collab. Anyone have any word about the current or future availability of the Medicine Mountain seedlines?

6 Likes

Does anyone know of a way to order from the great lakes website without having to pay cash or money order? Bit tricky when you are located in a foreigner country.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much the only way and why I havenā€™t done any business with them.

JBC might take paypal or other options tho.

6 Likes

We had to PayPal someone in the states to post a cheque ā€¦ was a big mission ā€¦ JBC let me PayPal

7 Likes

Iā€™m in the US and still having trouble paying them with a money order. Their lack of communication skills does not make transactions with them any easier.

I used to just roll with the misspellings and thought it was funny. But this is the third time a transaction with them has been complicated by indecipherable messages and poorly written confusing instructions from their representatives.

6 Likes

thanks sunvalley I will keep JBC in the mind in the future. I had been put off by the fact that they donā€™t remove their out of stock inventory from the site.

5 Likes

I actually like the fact you can see any cross JBC ever sold. Makes it easy to see what you bought, later. And they at least organize them alphabetically with in-stock things listed first, and out of stock clearly labeled so you donā€™t have to click on it just to find that out.

Breedersdirectseedco on the other hand, does exactly what youā€™re saying and it drives me nuts :joy:

18 Likes

Yeah I definitely agree with you about that.

It was really difficult finding the description for bodhiā€™s china cangshan after glg deleted the listing, and I never found the photos from the ad again.

6 Likes