Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Beautiful day and Strawberry temple because I love my Strawberry Headband so much and of course Saints Crossing would be my choices . With Golden Hashplant as a forth

10 Likes

Itā€™s a mighty dangerous mailing list (to oneā€™s finances anyway).

7 Likes

My funds were all but spoken for before the drop was announced. Oh well, somehow Iā€™m going to grab a pack or two of that DLA#15ā€¦ Iā€™ll shy away from everything else as a compromise with my wallet.

(But those Black Triangles though :heart_eyes:)

7 Likes

Anyone know any details on the angel wing afghan? Didnt see anything pop up from a search.

5 Likes

He spoke about it on his IG a couple years ago. Since I donā€™t have an IG account, hereā€™s the post at an IG reader site:

https://greatfon.com/c/2988688097669335932

And the pic + caption:

ā€œAngel wing rare heirloom afghansā€

Since it looks like grinspoon garbage, please keep in mind that we shouldnā€™t judge a book by its cover. bodhi tends to use things like this because it brings seriously unusual and kickass effects. Thatā€™s his thing - bringing rare and exceptional things to the market, even if they donā€™t fit the current expectations of a commercial scene perspective.

33 Likes

You take something like that to something else that has close dense buds, and you have the potential for some massive insane colaā€™s.

11 Likes

100% agree! Iā€™ve grown Super Silver Hashplant and Silver Mountain, and they yield like a champs!! I have a friend thatā€™s growing out Herer Hashplant, and I suspect it will also throw down.

Most of the new strains sound super nice to me. Damn you Bodhi, my wallet hates you lol!

Anyone know why he renamed Stevie Wonder to St. Stephen?

14 Likes

Awesome thanks for tracking that down :slight_smile:
For sure - itā€™s great he brings such unique varieties into the mix.

5 Likes

Herer HP isnā€™t necessarily a huge yielder, but the smoke from the mango pissy JH phenos are exceptional sativa motivational weed. I think youā€™re on the right track with the idea of mashing together fluffy sativa + chunky indica = monster colas. :football:

Thereā€™s that great song (one of my favs!), and I suspect thereā€™s a deeper inside joke. :wink:

17 Likes

Nubeā€™s got a grow/smoke report of it, if youā€™re interested. I think itā€™s actually on this thread. Maybe like 1500 posts above haha.

I was wondering what that St. Stephen was! Didnā€™t realize it was Stevie Wonder. Iā€™ve never grown that one, but I did get some from a dispensary about seven years ago. Great weed. I liked it so much, I actually went back and grabbed more.

11 Likes

ā€œIn and out of the garden he goesā€ā€¦ thereā€™s a pretty epic video out there of the dead (in particular young Jerry raging a baja) playing at the playboy mansion in 69ā€¦ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsL3X6ARgVI

the stories about that night are also epicā€¦ Rock Scully wrote a book, ā€œLiving with the Deadā€ which has some pretty funny accounts, there are others which escape me, perhaps Tom Wolfeā€™s ā€œElectric Kool-Aidā€ mentioned the event

9 Likes

Haha yes so many good stories in all those books.
Always loved this st. stephen:
1969-02-28
all 4 of the feb 1969 fillmore west shows are incredible.

4 Likes

Oh my gawd, Iā€™m such an idiot. I only just now realized that I TESTED THOSE GOLDEN HASHPLANTS LAST YEAR haha!!! Holy shitā€¦ No wonder I was like,ā€Yeah, those sound like theyā€™ll be tastyā€¦ā€ Thatā€™s because it WAS tasty! Haha. It was actually some of the most delicious weed Iā€™ve ever grown.

Yeah, Iā€™d recommend anybody whoā€™s interested in those should grab them. I only ended up with one female, but it was amazing weed. Told Bodhi he should absolutely release those, guess he finally did. I may actually have to buy a pack or two of that one. I smoked my last nug of it a few weeks back and was like,ā€Man, I wish Bodhi would release this oneā€¦ā€ haha. Jesusā€¦ Sometimes I just donā€™t knowā€¦ I really donā€™tā€¦ haha. Well, at least I have something to chuckle about for the rest of the day.

My grow report is on thcfarmer, if anybodyā€™s interested.

17 Likes

Iā€™m curious what cut of Golden Triangle bodhi used for that one. Do you know minitiger? Iā€™m curious if itā€™s from bodhiā€™s own selection or someone elseā€™s like tmanā€™s? I tried to trade for or buy an F1 pack of the Golden Triangles several times and the people all flaked out on me.

9 Likes

I just checked the emails, thereā€™s no mention of a specific Golden Triangle cut being used. But whatever cut he used, it was the right one haha. Looking at the info I sent to Mrs. Bodhi (are we still calling her Mrs. Bodhi?), I mentioned that there was resin or whatever you wanna call it just ooooozing out of the flowers and down the leaves, which I remember. It really was a pretty special plant.

I just looked at GLG, none of the stuff in that post was on their website. Is this some sort of release thatā€™s limited to frigginā€™ IG or something? Because I actually do wanna buy a pack of those. It was just SUCH great weed. One of my favorites, for sure.

11 Likes

That was a preview of bodhis late summer drop. It says stay tuned.

6 Likes

Nope. I think sheā€™s calling herself miss bodhi?

The release post says ā€œcoming soon.ā€ I speculated about it on another thread here:

9 Likes

The top of the post says,ā€Dropping July 24th at midnight EST.ā€ Wouldnā€™t that have been last night at midnight?

1 Like

Nah man, look closer. Thatā€™s the bottom of the post above it talking about a different breederā€™s release date. the bodhi drop says ā€œlate summerā€ and ā€œcoming soon.ā€

5 Likes

Yeah, I saw all that stuff at the bottom. I thought that was an older post and then they just updated it with the ā€œDropping July 24ā€ thing.

The internetā€™s confusingā€¦

3 Likes