Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

the Pura Vida f2 from OG preservation run. She battled extreme heat and thrips, but prevailed nicely, considering. Handled the stress better than most of the others in the bloom room, was consistently over 30 C all June…

42 Likes

Here is her sister (different seed from same pack) just starting to get some pistils.

30 Likes

Yep, @Cannasaurusrex those Pura Vida F2 are from me. They both look lovely, and glad to see the one you flowered out didn’t get too upset about the thrips. Please let us know how she smokes!

About that Green Curry OG mentioned a few posts ago by @syzygy , that’s the same info I found re: the mom used in Cheech Wizard. I tried to confirm but the responses were unclear. I don’t have any way to message Matt Riot (@riotseedco on IG) but if somebody could DM and ask him specifically if his Diablo OG cut is the same cut that bodhi used to call Green Curry OG, and if the cut both he and bodhi are currently using and calling Diablo OG is the same cut that was named Green Curry OG a few years ago, then we could clear it up once and for all.

And speaking of that Cheech Wizard preservation run, I harvested them a month ago at day 73F. They dried for 16 days and have been bucked into jars. Here’s a few pics at harvest time, starting with the full floppy garden shot:

Pheno 7 - most OG out of them all (this one is in full reveg mode, as I accidentally killed its clone):

Pheno 8 - the stickiest of the icky, this one was a venus gnat trap. (this one is in full reveg mode because its clones were too tiny to root):

Pheno 9 - longest flowering of them all, it retained its strong cedar smell in the jars

Pheno 10 - obviously, this one didn’t like whatever I did for it. Hopefully I can get it happier when I rerun it for seedless flower, which is tentatively scheduled for October:

Pheno 11 - my favorite looking flowers of the bunch, was happy til the very end:

Just like bodhi mentioned about the original F1 run (and why he retired this cross), something about the genetics of this cross makes for bad pollination with lots of white seeds and aborts. Despite using the same techniques I always use, the level of pollination varied by pheno. Some phenos like #7 and #10 have very few seeds, while other phenos and plants right next to them are fully seeded. Position in the tent and height didn’t seem to have anything to do with it. So there are F2, but how many is not yet known. As soon as I know there’s enough to include with the Fall OG Seed Box, I’ll put up the Cheech Wizard F2 preservation signups thread.

49 Likes

Looks amazing! nice work

4 Likes

Either I’ve smoked too much or I haven’t smoked enough…I got about 3 pics down your comment and forgot whose comment and what pics I was viewing. :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I see compound genetics posted a picture of a couple packs that have the medicine mountain sativa research center sticker on them. Has anyone heard more info on what’s up with those? Maybe I just missed it? :v:

4 Likes

Eden transmission?

4 Likes

@nube Which pheno is your favorite out of the Cheech Wizard?

6 Likes

Bodhi seems to have been passing them around to a few people, haven’t seen much info on the net about them yet, just photos. He posted a photo of one of the plants on IG in the last week or so. “TV” I think it was, which someone commented on, “Tirah Valley”. I think Eden Transmission was released from Bodhi Seeds so I presume it isn’t included with the Medicine Mountain stuff, which has its own label, etc, and doesn’t mention Bodhi Seeds or any of the other names we associate with it like Nierika.

PS: Actually maybe ignore the Tirah Valley business, there’s a photo in this thread of the two packs of Medicine Mountain that he seems to have passed to a few people, and the TV one seems to say Thai x Vietnamese… See Feb 14th or so of this year for photo.

12 Likes

Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, because I’ve only grown them seeded and for an extra long time (73 days flowering), it’s impossible to say which is my favorite of the Cheech Wizard. So far I’ve only sampled a little bit of the remnants left over from shucking seeds of 3 phenos, and that’s an unfair way to judge them.

Initial first impressions overall are good, though.

Also, a strange thing about this strain. I generally don’t have dreams EVER, like I maybe remember 2 or 3 dreams a year in the last 3 decades+, and for some reason when I started sampling the Cheech Wizard with no other weed being consumed, I started having crazy dreams (not nightmares) every single night. It’s nothing to do with THC content, because I’ve quit for months and years due to drug testing in the past and not had dreams.

Anyway, I’ll have more comments about them after I grow them out seedless, hopefully this fall.

30 Likes

Yes. TV = Vietnamese x Thai

7 Likes

Interesting, I’m curious about if a strain could induce more vivid dreams. Open question for the group, has anyone had a strain with which they consistently had more vivid dreams? It’s possible that cannabis could affect your bodies release of neurochemicals like acetylcholine or GABA.

11 Likes

Crazy dreams are definitely a plus. Repeatable human flight and body doubles in my dreams came about because of special ganja. I even managed to sharpen my flying technique in those dreams. I missed Cheech Wizard upon the initial Bodhi release. I am truly excited to test these seeds, when possible. The truly special effects ganja is what gets me going. It’s all about the rides, not the funnel cake and cotton candy.

18 Likes

New strayfox / enchanted is live.i grabbed a couple packs of the iraqi red skunk and a tshirt

10 Likes

Ummmm. Bodhi’s Afghans😄. I hope some cool stuff coming

9 Likes

His email is [enchantedseedco@protonmail.com]
Mods these are circle of blessings pack. All proceeds go to strays daughter. Shirts are 30, packs are 80, shipping 10.

19 Likes

Update on my order. He shipped in 12 hours sent tracking. My gear will be here Monday!!! Paid cashap

5 Likes

Hey I love a good dream! I hear you on the judging part. thought I would still ask though and I just realized this is going to be a seedrun…???

If you plan on running these again like you mentioned in the fall would love to get your feedback on them.

Did you have a favorite pheno from the group your ran besides the smoke report?

4 Likes

Just a couple of bud shots from my current grow at 6 weeks flowering.

Stankonia (Soulmate x Chem Toffees)

Mango Hashplant

@nube 's Dank Sinatra f2.

40 Likes

Goji Lights f2 preservation seeds, started with a small bottom branch.

60 Likes