Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Man after my own heart with the organics! Haven’t delved as deep as the KNF and Jadam, but I’m committed to organic cultivation as best I can manage. Don’t apologize for gabbing man, love a good talk, especially about cannabis, I do t have a lot of grower friends In my life here so OG is where I get my fix, so keep it all coming. Thank you for your service too my brother!

7 Likes

Ya never apologize for talking. That’s what this place is for networking with other grows for, well whatever the reason may be. I have found this place to be a breath of fresh air in a world where they are so scarce anymore and I’ve come to love it here for the most part. And speaking about large hunts tbh. I normally do 30 beans minimum for a hunt, at times 40/50 and dwindle them away quickly at the beginning and then slowly throughout the remaining cycle, tend to end up with 2-8 phenos capable of keeper potential and grow them out once more this time with minor stress and then pick me REAL keeper “s” from those so I totally see the value in large hunts my mentor and long long time friend does 50 minimum and I’ve seen him do 100 at least 5 times now, he’s just got a knack for the nuances of cannabis and their genetic potential it’s honestly something to see him work, truly. Any questions, anything hmu my friend if I can help I gladly will as you’ll find most Will on OG

10 Likes

I read that Shoe at headiegardens temporarily closed the shop to spend time helping his elderly parent(s). He will be back hopefully soon.
GLG has the widest selection usually.
The Seed Source has good Bodhi strains now but They choose the Bodhi “freebie” pack for you.

9 Likes

Definitely be looking out for that granola funk grow, once you get situated and going throw up a log for everyone to see(and selfishly me to follow)

4 Likes

If only my friend. I’ve found the dirtbag to good guy ratio to be extremely high In today’s society. Really, truly hoping that changes.

3 Likes

Highgrade seeds is in Canada, though they don’t carry Bodhi. I have gotten other good seeds from them sent here in the US.

2 Likes

GLG definitely has a great selection all around IMO I found like 15 packs on there I want ffs, I’ll definitely check out high grade. Thanks, I really didn’t know there was this many decent seed banks over here. I’ve used the same ones forever. And my go to closed a few years back in Toronto so I’ve been exploring and I’m lovin the options

3 Likes

Soaked these on the full moon. Few popping up already.

36 Likes

There was a guy on RIU that talked down about the Wookie crosses and Granola Funk in general. It kind of took the fun out of it for me. I would be willing to bump up the Granola funk run in place of Sun RA/DazzleBerry. It would be a lot easier to keep up with one name rather than 2 or 3. My wife was the one that wanted Granola Funk to begin with and she isn’t too big into OG kushes, so she should be happy to hear this…

15 Likes

Damn dude, that’s going to be killer! Keep us updated on the progress of those little ones.

3 Likes

Dude, I just read the menu at that Oklahoma clone co. That’s linked in your profile I think I might need to move down there! I hope the northeast catches up to y’all’s level down there, I’ve been trying like hell to find some 88g13hp and you good ole boys can just go pick it up for $30?? So fuckin rad!

2 Likes

I read those posts also about some Wookie crosses he grew. I think his main issue was the terps were too volatile /fragile after curing. So the flavors and scents didn’t preserve well. And were “lost” during smoking. Maybe drying and curing more slowly would help?

Also, I’m no expert but i think Vaping would be best for Wookie strains? Using a lower heat temperature than using a (lighter) flame and pipe. The lower Vape temp. might not so quickly “burn-off” all the fragile Wookie terps. Allowing them to be enjoyed.

13 Likes

Good to see you mader! :slight_smile: Lotsa RIU refugees over here, but we try to keep it real chill with the irie bodhi vibes.

Nice to have another organic grower here, especially since you do your soil tests and consult with an agronomist. Would love to see a thread about your experiences with that stuff some day when you have time! I know @The_Lazy_Hippie was recently talking about doing some of that.

Let’s see those pics of the okie bodhi OD!

23 Likes

likely theyd be good for live extracts, i have a couple very floral strains that are so amazing on the vine then never translate in the smoke… until my friends showed me flower they had blasted and there were those amazing terps by the spoonful (dabberful?), fresh frozen live rosin was the organic hash hail mary all the way imho

8 Likes

I haven’t grown the Granola Funk yet, bit I have smoked some and went and bought seeds right away. I’m not big on cookies stuff at all, so I chalk it up to the Wookie for catching my attention. Don’t know wether that was the case or it was just the right thing at the right time.

The sample I got flavor was lavender with some of the more floral chem notes and a touch of minty baked goods. Really nice and not at all cloying like lavender flavors can be sometimes(in everything, not strictly cannabis) Effects were really relaxing, feel good, a little goofy/spacey…and the come down was really interesting. I really like stuff that sets you down nice and easy, just kind of fades away and does t leave you groggy at all. This was that plus some. It almost reminded me of salvia. There was something about salvia that would always leave me with the sense of well being and mental clarity. Granola Funk wasn’t quite the same, but it definitely had a touch of that to it.

Don’t want to oversell it, but the couple times I smoked it I really enjoyed it.

My garden isn’t running at the moment, but granola funk is going to be one of the first things I pop when I get it up and running again.

Edit: @BudWhisperer

That was how I most enjoyed the granola funk, was in my vape. I should have mentioned that. When I smoked it, the effects leaned more spacey and the flavor was nothing special.

Smoked for forever before using the onset of Covid as an excuse to finally buy a vape for myself and my lungs have never been happier. But I still sometime say smoked when I really mean vaped. Massive improvement in flavor too. That what really sells it for me, is the nuance of the flavor you get.

14 Likes

I agree 1000000% my friend, nothing like it IMO

2 Likes

Thanks for the info on Angelica. She is being treated like a queen, even though I don’t know anything about her yet.

I will be flowering her soon. One clone is already in a tent with a G.G. #4 that is being reversed. Might as well make hybrids with it LMAO.

I will be keeping it around till I can finish one on it’s own. One will be saved to be a mother till I know how I like it.

Bodhi has enough of a reputation to do that.

9 Likes

Welcome to OG, great introduction. I look forward to following along. I’ll try to keep an eye out for your threads. KNF is intriguing to me, but sounds like it could be a lot of work. I’m currently using dry organic amendments with some fish emulsions, but am interested in learning more about what it would take to have a closed loop veganic source of nutrients for my soil.

Looking forward to seeing which packs you pop!

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s always sounded like a lot of work to me, too. But I’ve been seeing so many people talk about it so much lately that I’m thinking I may have to revisit the reading I did on it and maybe start incorporating it into my grows.

4 Likes

Does anyone have any info or know where I can find info on the TK used in the Phone Home?

I’m thinking of picking up a pack of Neroli 91 and for a 2nd pack,
Phone Home or More Cowbell are what I’ve got my eyes one at the moment.

8 Likes