Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I thought it best if I went with the nierika t-shirt, the ladies wear doesn’t do it for me

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @nube !

I wasn’t going to bother trying because I didn’t think I’d actually be able to score one, but when I saw you post I thought I’d pop over and check it out.

Super pumped to be able to try something with destroyer in it!

Not sure how quickly I will get to these, but when I do I will definitely rely make more seeds for the community

7 Likes

Thankyou for posting this :pray:t4: i’ve been wanting a Nierika shirt, but was holding out until they restocked Larges…
Oh well, M will have to do.

Do you know if this LE is ”Nierika-esque”? Or is it one of the Wookies you mentioned days ago?

7 Likes

this L.E. is the destroyer x wookie cross

5 Likes

The Passionfruit Hashplant was one of my best plants outside this year.

7 Likes

Looks like I’ll be trading then
:sleepy: Nothing against wookie, but I have no clue what destroyer is

Still a nice shirt!

5 Likes

Pretty sure Destroyer is a Cannabiogen line… info from Charlie Garcia @ ICMAG

This 100% Sativa strain is a cross of Meao Thai and an early and stable Mexico/Colombia. The exceptional backcross of two of our best females took over 7 years. The total acclimatization of the mother Thai has been so difficult that we decided to introduce an earlier Sativa, as well as productive, and add its characteristics.

13 Likes

Time Bandit is not on your list but it may be similar to White Lotus, and is still available for sale and as a freebie (at GLG and JBC i think).

You can find my 2 phenos smoke reports in this thread. Posts 3497 & 3498.

Very nice indica dom. meds that may help almost all of your needs. It’s very good OG Kush type feel but even more soothing to mind and body! Less “trippy” than most hybrids, less “sleepy” than most pure indicas.

From your list, i’d def. go with Black Triangle for indica. Growers i respect like Dragon’s Blood for a hybrid. I can’t speak to the other strains though.

8 Likes

Time Bandit Grow

7 Likes

Yeah, Destroyer is Cannabiogen/Ace seeds. I’ve read a few grow reports of it over the years, it sounded like a really interesting cross. I could only find this one report, but I only looked for a second:

https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-vendor-forums/ace-seeds/139434-fem-d-destroyer-smoke-grow-report

That one’s from 2009, I dunno if the “seven years of work” that Charlie mentioned was before or after that. In any event, it’s pretty interesting that Bodhi made a cross with it. To me, anyway.

13 Likes

Thanks @minitiger for posting the Destroyer grow and smoke report from icmag! Great info, sounds like a rare and special sativa treat. The seeds can still be found at midweeksong.com in EU.

11 Likes

i grew a original sensible seeds “auto destroyer” before, reminded me of bodhi’s mango lotus freebie, but definitely not as good

3 Likes

hello @nube thanks for the warning, as the bodhi pack is usually $70 so $60 for a pack of bodhi seeds + 1 t-shirt looks like a good deal, and as my birthday is the 17th I couldn’t resist giving myself a gift of birthday. thanks again .

:om: :pray:

12 Likes

That sounds great. Whatever Bodhi lineage is available on JBC or GLG I’ll aim for. Crosses with those genetics further down the line. Cosmic Serpent (Dragon’s Blood F4 x Wookie 15) sounded good too!
Jeez there are 100+ Bodhi strains on GLG.
Dragon’s Blood Hashplant might be good outdoor too?

5 Likes

I know a few people here grew DB HP and really liked it. I don’t recall what the reported effects were but it’s likely a nice strain. I think it’s a Hawaiian sativa x HP?

9 Likes

If you don’t want them you should have no trouble trading someone, I’ll trade you something if no one else

2 Likes

Yeah, I did that a couple months ago, found a place that had my favorite beer ever, Anderson Valley Summer Solstice, seasonal beer. Got four cases, everything they had, put them in the seed fridge. “This’ll last me a few weeks…” Six days later, they were gone.

So the seed fridge did get opened pretty frequently that one week haha, but it stays shut, for the most part, except when it’s time to plant seeds. Or when I add new seeds to the collection haha.

100% germ rates on the Soars, btw. 75% on the Imperial Majesties. Kinda weird about those Majesties, as those are, I think, much newer than the Soars. I dunno. I probably fucked it up somehow.

11 Likes

That sounds like something I would do, haha. I love Cold Mountain from Highland brewing, a winter seasonal. I tried to stock up one year and I didn’t get out of the middle of January before it was all gone. It’s too good, damnit!

Seems like that is pretty often too, you’ve gotta have quite the collection now.

Good news on the Soars! I think you plant directly into soil right, with no soak? Hopefully the other Majesty will pop. I think the pre-made seed starter shit I got from the garden center was not helping me. It was growing algae real quick. I just used mostly Promix and got 8 of 8 Blue Dream x C99 to pop. I don’t like using the paper towel method, as I feel like I always mess up the seedlings when transplanting them to a medium. And just feels easier to throw the seeds in the dirt :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

being a hybrid of an old school sativa, it will finish later than most hybrids. But the sativa genetics tend to make plants more tolerant of rain and moisture.

in some climates hybrids like this do better than modern quick finishing plants that mold when it rains.

I have seen some nice outdoor harvests of the dragonsblood on overgrow, but they finished on the late side.

16 Likes

Good to know thanks! I might have to look for some shorter flower lines that finish up before October. Anything more than 70 day flower might be too long, it’s gonna snow tonight.
Weather started getting crappy here near Tahoe after Sept 25th.
Been hauling container plants inside and outside garage or under gazebo.
I grew out some GSC and Blueberry, 8-9 week Flower but still finishing Oct.
Was hoping to harvest earlier.

6 Likes