Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

A wiser grower than me (most everyone) once said “Mother Nature doesn’t have paper towels” so now i try to do things more “naturally” so i just put em right into the soil. At most, i’ll carefully scuff an old seed before going into soil. Less chance for me to break the fragile little root, which i’ve accidentally done a few times.

8 Likes

Anyone had any experience with Snugglefunk that could tell me a bit about it?

3 Likes

Pink Lotus F4…this is the first girl in this generation, looks like ma :slight_smile:

41 Likes

Someone on RIU said of SnuggleFunk: “I was gifted some finished buds and a cutting from someone that tested it.
They wanted my opinion on the end result and it was very very nice, kinda sleepy bud for me.”

9 Likes

Haha, yeah, I used to do that every year, before shit became less readily-available due to covid. Each year, I’d buy around 20 or 25 cases of the Summer Solstice and store then in the shower of my spare bathroom, all stacked up. And each year they’d all be gone by mid-October.

Yeah, that’s how I’ve always done it. It just makes sense to me. Keep the soil slightly moist with a mister and they all usually pop. Or close to it, anyway. Lately I’ve been throwing a thin layer of barley mulch on top, too, and that seems to help. I don’t have to mist as often and I don’t have to worry about the seed getting “dislodged” or whatever when I do mist.

That’s seed’s gone, along with the three Sky Cuddler’s that didn’t sprout. Replaced them with four Lemon Thai F5’s a couple days ago. Those aren’t Bodhi, so I won’t talk about them anymore haha.

17 Likes

@minitiger Full sized seed fridge, beer in the spare bathroom shower. You’re living the life man! I only have dominion over my basement these days, and that’s not including the space for the washer and dryer and the treadmill :man_facepalming:t2:

14 Likes

Maybe not Bodhi but he’s used Lemon Thai in 3 or 4 strains so i will be curious to see your opinion of the smoke. I read LT may be a Thai x Hawaiian strain. From what i’ve read, at least one strain of Hawaiian sativa (Maui Waui) is actually 2 diff. Mexican strains crossed. So you could end up with some cool “extrema sativas”!

9 Likes

They’re f5, so they should be pretty stable. According to Doc, they finish in 60-70 days and stay relatively short. Look more like Indicas until flowering’s induced. Which sounds pretty much like everything I’ve read about them.

I used to get legit Lemon Thai about ten years ago, I loved it. Definitely stoked about those seeds. Still waiting for them to sprout, it’s only been two days.

11 Likes

Was just watching new BAS video and looks like Jeremy may grow some Bodhi… that’d be cool!

8 Likes

Saw that too, I hope he goes for it, it’d be awesome to see!

3 Likes

I’d love to see them get Bodhi on for an episode. Make it an extended edition, like hour long just chatting about genetics and plants and life, like boddi usually does.
I’d love to watch that!

8 Likes

Hell yeah, I’d love to hear him do another podcast or whatever, just to hear about all the latest stuff he’s working with, and of course the history that comes with that stuff.

11 Likes

I watched it today too. Cool to see him motivating people to make their own seeds. No better way to overgrow the world.

15 Likes

:slight_smile: PFHP keif

37 Likes

Your not supposed to make trikes feel as they are being mocked, they might hermie on you!
:laughing:

3 Likes

Do you have any log of that Passion Fruit Hashplant grow? I ran them as testers and enjoyed them. I’d be interested in what phenos you found.

17 Likes

I don’t log much but I do post results pics and love to discuss :slight_smile:
I only popped the one bean from the pack, so only one pheno so far. I am keeping this one currently. I’ve run it twice indoor, and twice outdoor, the keif is from the outdoor. The first indoor plant grew very nice but it took 11 weeks

It’s from the center to the right in that picture…(ignore that adub tied to the stick)
I loved the plant. Smoked as tester nug and that was a deep dark wine type fruit taste…was not thrilled. After curing, it the flavor got lighter, still fruity but that heavy deep red taste was gone. But still…not for me.good but no cigar. So it detoured to the hashpile…but, before it got there it stopped off at the dab press…I did my typical 5g squish and she brought back 15% yield. The flavor now…is OMFG! Extreme terpenes.and I was asking myself on the cured joint just what exactly does a passionfruit taste like? At which point I realized I was clueless…but the taste from rosin is extreme unobtanium fruit. And that’s how I intend to use it, it’s all going to rosin. I wish I could convey the taste here, pretty special.
One outdoor plant got toppled in a storm, the other one grew about 7’ x 7’ without pruning, lots of branches with the lowers extending way out there so they are not even lowers anymore. I cut the whole plant, because there was no difference in maturity between lowers and uppers. Excellent structure and did not need staking.

43 Likes

Wow, those look excellent. Great job.

6 Likes

Cross posting this here as I am trying to start up a Goji OG crowdsourced F2 project with 8 packs Goji OG F1s. Need some volunteers and who better then people who already love the breeder!

28 Likes

What currently available beans would you guys recommend for someone who is looking for more narcotic sleepy phenos? probably going to grab a couple packs from JBC soon

7 Likes