Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

keep in mind there are about 12 different deep line alchemy strains with different mother plants.

Even within the same line, you’d be unlikely to find exactly the same stuff as another grower. being an f1 there will be plenty of variation, and it will express much differently with different grow methods and environmental conditions.

In general, I don’t tend to worry if someone didn’t find anything good in a certain pack, I just wonder what I might find. I think we can make some good educated guesses by looking at other people’s grow logs and smoke reports, but in the end, the plants express so differently depending on environment, and we experience them so differently, the only way to know for sure is to grow it and experience it.

22 Likes

By the same token, this is also why I find it cumbersome when people talk about finding the exact same phenotype as another grower. They probably found a pheno with similar traits.

Phenos can only be duplicated by cloning, and even then their environmental expressions will vary.

every seed is by definition a unique and distinct genetic phenotype. Technically, there are exactly as many phenotypes within a strain as there are seeds. We could use the word phenotype for plants the same way we use the word individual to refer to people.

27 Likes

So we can only hope to find something similar/ possibly better? That makes total sense really. Genetics are way too complicated to find the exact same pheno for sure. That’s why some cuts are so special. Great point of view!

11 Likes

Has anyone ran any of the Space Probe offerings? I’m curious about those heirloom sativa x Kashmir crosses, and what people have found.

10 Likes

I haven’t grown any Space Probe (missed those beans when they were available, really wish I’d seen them), but I did grow a few Big Sur Nigerian x NL2 testers a couple years ago. Great weed. Really great. Some of the best I’ve ever grown. If you have those Space Probe beans, run them.

11 Likes

It really is like buying a pack of baseball cards isn’t it?

Love that you never know what you’ll get, but with Bodhi, its always a winner one way or the other.

:v::peace_symbol::v:

10 Likes

I feel like this is especially the case when preservation runs give out F2s. There’s really a high degree of selectivity in there. At that stage, whereas at F1 you at least see a lot more strictly dominant traits.

17 Likes

Lavender Jack is definitely one of my favorite strains. The ones I grew were greasy to the touch and just covered in thc. Has a crazy smell to it similar to xj13 and I actually made a couple of crosses with it because I liked it so much!

31 Likes

This is exactly why cloning and clone onlys are so important.
I am sure I am not the only one who has gone hunting for something they wish the still had and had no luck finding it. I did find what I was looking for once with Misty by Nirvana several years after having the keeper. But even though it seemed exactly like the one I had before I am sure there were subtle differences I didn’t notice.

I also tend to keep my best buds for last.

11 Likes

This is my big focus down the line. I want to explore the Kashmir Azad crossed with Heirloom/landrace sativas. I’m running the Azad now, and just judging by its structure, I think it would really be fun to introduce some pure sativa and explore that.

11 Likes

dragons milk almost done, this is for sure a keeper cut throwing off amazing colors and nose rn

and the unicorn milk I just popped, def one of the most vigorous so far from the multi breeder/strain group

30 Likes

Has anyone ran the black raspberry ??? Also looking for a key lime strain??

6 Likes

I vaguely remember there being something weird or unusual about black raspberry? Am I losing my mind or was there a story or drama behind that one?

4 Likes

I’m currently on the fence about buying a pack of Cherry Queen. Not about buying it, but about ONLY buying it by itself :rofl: Was thinking of buyin off JBC since they take paypal. Is there anything else over there I should for sure pick up? or any word on any bodhi drops before the year is up?

9 Likes

Grab a pack of space monkey if its still in stock.

11 Likes

I’ve been obsessing over the Devil’s Hashplant that they have. I fucking love Diablo OG. The only reason I haven’t ordered it yet is because… Wait, I just noticed you said JBC. I was thinking GLG. Never mind.

6 Likes

JBC doesn’t have that Devil’s Hashplant. But every grow report I’ve seen of that Cherry Queen looks phenomenal. Just buy two packs or something. I dunno why I haven’t gotten a pack or two of that yet…

5 Likes

I mean i’d buy anywhere that takes paypal or a card. Just not trying to send cash at the moment…

JBC does have that devil’s hashplant in stock That the one you mean?

5 Likes

Really? They do? I just looked at their site to see if it was listed and I didn’t see it available. But yeah, if they have it, get that in addition to the Cherry Queen. The only place I’ve seen the Devil’s Hashplant available is at GLG and like you said, they don’t take cards or PayPal, which is why I haven’t ordered them. I’m not sending cash. And I’m not gonna un-quarantine just to get a money order for seeds. It’s KILLING me, because I really want that Diablo cross. Diablo’s right up there in my “favorite OG’s” list. Not a lot of people know about it, but it’s real good.

5 Likes

Jesus, never mind, I just looked again. JBC does have it. I really need glasses…

8 Likes