Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

fbr4tyh546h546h

29 Likes

Def. look at the Genius Thai or other Thai crosses, especially w Wookie or OMG males.
Smart Move is one.

Anything w SSH should have your mind flying!
Pinball Wizard is great i hear. (SSH x Wookie)
Silver Sunshine (SSH x SSDD) have a bit more Indica.
Also new Temple v2 “NFT” (SSH x Williams’s Wonder) would be good (but no freebies for “NFT” strains.)
And for all other Bodhi strains, GLG has Strawberry Temple recently got added as a freebie.

18 Likes

Forgot that got put in as a freebie, good call @BudWhisperer

7 Likes

Thanks @BeagleZ . I’m kind of tempted to make an order from GLG just for the Strawberry Temple freebie. A tester grew it saying it was “Exquisite”. But the classic Mountain Temple was too dissociative (paranoid) for me. (But i may have chopped too early).

15 Likes

Yes def. look for strains w Mango Biche, Columbian Red and Hawaiian Sativa females.

Mango Lotus or Dread Bread (Mango Biche x OMG).
Eternal Sunshine (Hawaiian x OMG).
Soar (Col. Red x OMG).
Cherry Trance (Cherry Sativa x Wookie) all had superb effects, people reported.

19 Likes

Here’s an Uplift grow report, if you’re curious: Bodhi Soar, Uplift and Purple NL2; GPS Stardawg f2; Rare Dankness Midas and Ghost of Lee Roy

I dunno why I always forget about Uplift when considering my favorite Bodhi crosses (or just favorite weed in general). That Uplift is right up there with the very best of ‘em.

@Chiefer88 I had a grow log of the Smart Move on thcfarmer that I’d suggest checking out, but that was the one they deleted because I mentioned COVID.

And NO I’M STILL NOT OVER IT haha…

27 Likes

I have a pack, and it’s on my list for first grow after what I already have going. I will post the grow when I start in the early fall

11 Likes

I’ve ran this one before and it had a nice pink hue to it. I didn’t realize at the time, but covid ruined my sense of smell and I said that it was a low odor plant. It was a very nice yielding and resin producer that had the OG kush flavor… At the time, I stopped wearing my cologne because I said “it went bad” and didn’t smell anymore. I’ve been using my cologne again recently and it wasn’t my cologne that was the problem, so I think that I might give this strain another chance. I ran Magenta HP and Purple Wookie side by side(2 packs ea) and Magenta HP blew the doors off… Damn, got me thinking about buying another pack of Magenta HP lol…

13 Likes

Hey guys, anybody knows how could i get some of the new bodhi seeds over Europe? Apparently JBC is not sending international anymore, that where i was getting my packs in the past. Shoe doesn’t and GLG only can be paid in cash by PO or money order. I can’t send cash to PO from my country nor do money order to USA. Does anybody know any other way or seedbank to get them new NFTs in Europe?

Regards

7 Likes

There is not much like growing your own creations. Again, I am definitely a little biased haha, but quite often, I end up enjoying my own work a lot more than the majority of “breeders’” work that I look through and I look through a lot every year. Don’t even get me started on how prevalent intersex issues seem to be these days with a lot of big names haha. Fuuuuck me.

I appreciate the kind words and the well wishes on my hybrids. Same to you! Yeah the Royale With Cherries is an Emerald Mountain/Freeborn collaboration. The Zap is the first cultivar in quite some time to have me so intrigued in veg. I constantly run hundreds of plants at all different stages of growth, so yeah that doesn’t happen often haha. The cuts are rooting really quick, so I should be flipping them all sooner than later. I am a little bit surprised that more people are not running them. Positive vibes…

I miss you too brother. It is good to have a second to be around haha. I thought about you today while I was checking to see how ripe my Goji OG x (Black Triangle F2) seeds are on the vine. Thank you so much again for sharing those 2 Goji OG F1 seeds with me! I will most likely harvest the seeds in 3-5 days, along with some Face Off IX x (Black Triangle F2).

I also have some (Black Triangle F2) x Dog Patch seeds that should be ready to harvest in ~2 weeks and I attempted to pollinate another cut of my same Goji OG female with the same Dog Patch male last week and that appears to have been successful. Fun times. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

21 Likes

Old Soul there’s one pheno with loooong leaves that’s amazing, morning weed energizing good mood fresh flavor, it’s probably a mood enhancer type more that a mental stimulation

she will bro, she will… nice heavy looking nuggets looks easy to trim

how is that one? chem d x chem 91 right? if you’re breeding with a male, i’m sure it’s awesome!

what’s about it?

12 Likes

Do you know if they’ll still ship international? If so the best bet is to probably find a US meme Dr who you can Venmo the $$ to that can place the order with your mailing info and then send the money order on your behalf

7 Likes

Peace be unto you. Mesteño urban gardener. We search of Bodhi strains that makes folks laughs. The giggles. On the cool, its getting hot in the hood.(IF you laughing then you aint blasting.)
Appreciate any 411

6 Likes

Couple posts up there’s a list for “happy Weed” if you haven’t seen it.

:peace_symbol:

11 Likes

Thank you @invisible. I will check out. Healthy growing to all.

5 Likes

These seeds look like they all have the beef in the bun…
our first time working with Bodhi seeds, we’ve heard good things.
Thinking about Sundance for daytime and Time Bandit at night. (GLG) has these available.

3 Likes

I grew one female Sundance outdoors a few years ago but lost the plant due to botrytis, but the smells coming off that plant were incredible, extreme lemon citrus with mint. Still have 9 seeds left that I will get to sooner rather than later.

8 Likes

Shoe at Headie Gardens had this one in his vault. Prayer Tower Sativa and he tossed in 6 seeds of Lemon Penetration.

Here’s my Blue Sunshine, Lavender Jack, and Black Triangle F3. BT was popped 4 days after the other 2. I popped some other beans alongside it. The BT and the Hillbilly Skunk are the shortest ones out of the bunch still. Everything else is about 8 to 12 in tall

38 Likes

Prayer Towerrrrrr! Old-school, baby, from back when Bodhi used to actually write descriptions of his crosses and shit haha…

I grew that one years ago, from the original release, before Bodhi made his “Indica” and “Sativa” Prayer Tower selections. I think it was my very first grow ever, actually, but I only got to smoke a few early nugs that snapped off the last couple weeks, lost the rest in a drying mishap (I was a newb, what can you do?). Here’s the grow report if you’re interested: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/bodhi-apollo-11f4-and-other-strains.78517/

I recall huge rails of flowers up every single branch. You should grow those for sure.

24 Likes

You all probably know I like to clown on Berner sometimes for riding in on the coattails of a bay area rap legend, and homogenizing the genepool with unstable polyhybrid genetics. I like the music better than the weed. I’m a medical patient from the bay area so I had a pretty good view of Berner’s early branding and promotion, and the spread of the cookies genetics.

I’m looking forward to some announcements from Bodhi and Berner on this. I think it’s reasonable to be a little concerned. I think this is a good conversation for us to have. I’m not jumping to any conclusions.

This is an open letter to the community to help start this discussion. Please share it if you like.

After cookies was introduced and hyped, most of the old bay area medical lines were hybridized with cookies and the originals disappeared.
A lot of patients gradually lost access to the meds they depended on to maintain their quality of life while living with chronic or terminal illnesses.

The situation got much worse after legalization when a lot of the old med clubs changed or closed down because of the new rules. When the prop 215 collective system was demolished, most of the old lines held by private collectives were lost to the public when patients and caregivers could no longer run private farms legally.

From the perspective of a former prop 215 caregiver and patient, it seems like without the diversity of the prop 215 collectives, Berner practically has a genetic monopoly (or at least, near total market saturation with the cookies genetics and brand).

As more brands have popped up, most of them sell a custom version of cookies, or cookies hybrids. Here in Oregon, the traditional medical and black market lines have also disappeared and been replaced with cookies. Old local favorites like blue magoo and cinex are gone. All I can get legally in dispensaries here is cookies and its hybrids.

Between the death of the prop 215 prop 420 system and Berner’s rapid expansion in the commercial market, a lot of valuable medical lines and genetic variety was lost.

For serious medical patients, it is very important to have a variety of meds to address different symptoms, and to keep from developing a tolerance. Sustained use of the same genetics gradually diminishes the medicinal effects. Even using multiple hybrids won’t make much difference if they all come from the same parent line. Genetic diversity is important in any genepool, but genetic homogenization is particularly concerning to medical patients.

I am really looking forward to hearing from Bodhi and hopefully Berner as well. I left california a while ago, so at this point I am a little out of touch with the CA cannabis community. Hopefully this has improved now. I have friends in the CA legal cannabis industry at 710 Labs and other processor / grower companies, and it still seems like the vast majority of what they grow is cookies derivative.

I’d love to hear your opinions on this. And I’d love to hear from other bay area and CA growers about the availability of the old med lines. I used to grow an amazing variety of meds from prop 215 collectives and harborside oakland. As far as I can tell that diversity is no longer available to the average patient.

I hope to see Berner use this partnership to expand the diversity of lines he offers beyond cookies and its hybrids. I can’t fault him for his personal success, but I think if some additional consideration had been made to the genetic diversity of the plant, and the needs of patients, it could have made this a benefit to the whole community.

26 Likes