Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

I just find it personally distasteful and a cheesy way to “make it” on the back of someone else in the seed industry. Essentially selling F2s of someone else’s most popular lines, both dead as well as genetics still potentially in circulation isn’t something I choose to support. I would think a skilled and qualified breeder would want to stand out on their own but to each their own. You are free to support whoever you wish and I have no influence over anyone else so I’m not sure why my opinion is offending you.

No what I’m saying is that it would be much classier for them to release said F2s for free and sell their own unique creations, rather than using them as lures for sales. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter to me as I have more than enough seeds. I also understand Bodhi doesn’t take issue with selling F2s of his dead lines, and I’m not offended for Bodhi. Doesn’t mean I have to financially support Copa, MMS, Green Bodhi or anyone else just because they are friends of his, even if they are fine people.

13 Likes

One thing I forgot to mention, @HolyAngel (and whoever else is interested) is that a couple of those Pura Vida f2’s are smelling super-skunky, been noticing that the last couple times I’ve watered. Again, shit changes a lot over the weeks and months of every grow and they haven’t even been flipped yet, but it’s still pretty exciting haha.

20 Likes

Sunshine Dream is selling Mango Lotus F2s, they aren’t a freebie. I’m not up in arms about it or anything, but if it were me I’d have them as a freebie. Freebie F2s of dead stock is almost always in the clear in my book.

15 Likes

I smoked the last bit of those Pura Vida F2’s when I was moving across the country… they helped with the smooth sailing… I think I was in Wyoming somewhere smoking that PV, watching this super long train pass through the countryside, just soaking in the beauty of it all. I only ran a few, but found this really good plant in there that had a marshmallow funk thing going on with it. Really great high on that one; made me feel at peace and appreciate the good things in life. Hope you find something similar!

23 Likes

Yeah, that marshmallow funk is supposed to be an HPK trait. I’m all for it haha, won’t be disappointed if I find something like that. These being f2’s and all, who knows? I’m actually kind of hoping I find some freak recessive genetic weird outlier plant that expresses herself from somewhere deep in the gene pool of whatever was used to make Green Crack, Chemdawg and HPK haha…

I will say that two of them are vegging slowly enough that I haven’t topped them and I won’t be topping them before I flip. I dunno what super-slow veggers might imply, but it’s, uh, something I’ve noticed, anyway haha.

Edit: did you log those PV f2’s on your, uh, log, @iamyou_youareme? I don’t remember seeing them, might have to go back through it and check those out if you did.

21 Likes

Yeah dude, you probably commented throughout the grow! I think I reviewed it as well in the Bodhi Plant and Seed guide Part 1, but you’ll have to use the search to find it :wink:

Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends - #7 by iamyou_youareme

Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends - #190 by iamyou_youareme

15 Likes

are you crazy those pictures are amazeballs

14 Likes

yeah i found that in the hollyweed plants, smelled like powered milk, i see mean gene breeding the hpk into everything, its good stuff, hollywood baby

16 Likes

Yeah, I just glanced at those two posts and saw that I “liked” them haha. Shit… I guess I forgot. I’m gonna go back through all of it, though, thanks for posting that.

For sure. The Skycuddler f3’s definitely had that marshmallow thing going on a little bit; I won’t be surprised if I find it in the Pura Vida f2’s. Still, like I said, I’m kinda curious to see if I can find some weird recessive genetics in them haha, something that doesn’t lean anywhere near what we would consider “HPK” or “Chem” or “Green Crack.”

15 Likes

Thanks man. Those were the best 4 that I could get but what I was trying to say was that the plant looks a lot better in person and that the SSDD just never seems to look accurate to me in pictures. The other plants seem to be on point with how they look in the tent but the SSDD just doesn’t seem to look as good in pictures as it does in person. I think it may have to do with how light reflects off the trichomes or something like that. With a direct flash on them more of the calyxes are illuminated and so it doesn’t look as good as with the naked eye. Maybe it’s just because it’s leafier too.

17 Likes

Speaking of what Bodhi thinks of others using his stuff… I recently saw a quote from Bodhi. I believe it went along the lines of… dont work a sell seeds of stuff he is still able to release himself.He seemed to not have any issue with people making thier own crosses using plants they find in seeds they buy. He even seemed to be okay with other breeders making reproductions of lines he can no longer make anymore.
Speaking only for myself. I have been an off n on tester, not recently but doesn;t matter. I didn’t make any seeds with those plants and I held a female from the early Grandma’s Hashplant testers for 5 years but never made any seed with her.
On the other hand, I bought and worked the Goji Og x 88g13hp , not with any intention of releasing seeds but I took my own selections to F3. I had so many seeds and the plants were so good, I asked Bodhi if I could give them to GLG to be handed out as freebies or auctioned for weed worthy non profit causes. For this he gave his permission as no profit was involved.

No matter who you are, if you use another breeders gear , it never hurts to reach out and get the breeders thoughts on what you plant to do. Karma Genetics is much the same way… make crosses with the special plants you find but don’t make reproductions (F2) and sell them as your own. I wanted to release some work I have done with one of Karma’s lines and he asked me not to as he had plans to revisit the line… fair enough.
Bodhi is a cool cat and while I don;t pretend to know the guy, he seems to be a pretty aproachable and reasonable guy and it wouldn’t surprise me to find out that he has given permission to many growers to use his stuff or recreate what Bodhi might not be able too.
food for thought.

now back to the fun… I might pop some Black Triangle here shortly so I’ll report back when there is something to report on :wink:

22 Likes

What you’re describing is exactly what happens when I buy a pack of seeds from one of those breeders or others and get a freebie pack of something from Bodhi F2’d. How else would they release the F2s for free other than staple them to the packs they’re selling or give them to seedbanks to include with orders? It sounds like you want people who are trying to make a living to act like us hobbyists and do things for free, for honor. That’s not what anyone running a seed business, including Bodhi, is doing. He’s not on here giving his seeds away for free so why the double standard for others? I’m genuinely confused what your moral stance here is, but it’s clear you’re not just sitting in judgement of at least half a dozen popular breeders here (you forgot Dino Party Chucks and a few others) but also want to drag them in a public forum and I find that pretty weird.

1 Like

Guess we’re just going to have to agree to disagree and move on. They are only “free” on the condition that you spend more money buying a pack from them that costs more than one of Bodhi’s packs.

Yeah for a strain they didn’t create or popularize, I suppose. Let them build themselves up with their own creation and do a public giveaway here maybe? I agree they are a business and they are using the freebies to lure people into sales. That was what I said and it is off-putting to me personally. If you don’t have an issue with it that’s fine…

I don’t buy genetics from any of them. We’re on a Bodhi thread here remember?

That said this thread always seems to devolve into a discussion about these other breeders. Why not leave the discussion to their own threads? How many of your posts here could be interpreted as promotions for Copa in this very thread? I have no moral stance here I simply stated that I personally avoid buying from them and my reasoning once the conversation yet again shifted to other breeders than Bodhi. I am confused why you took that so personally or to heart. This isn’t some passion or crusade for me, getting kind of bored with this discussion. I apologize if I offended you, I’m ready to move on from this off-topic discussion.

Bodhi Related : Some old pictures of some poorly grown SunRa - Amazing uplifting Goji-like effects with better taste and aroma.

41 Likes

Deleted content because I was being a jerk

Those SunRa are beauties. Not sure why I never picked up a pack of those. Clearly that was a mistake!

15 Likes

Pinball Wizard in my ancient Vapor Genie Aluminum (stuff stinks).
Folgers in the Fat Bottom Girl. Like the Pinball!

Just chopped 4 Of My Own Soulmate x Cherry Queen. Extremely sour and strong body odors. All 4 are loud. Nothing sweet or flowery. Very sticky and frosty. Buds are heavy and firm but not super tight.

19 Likes

Digging through old pictures last night and found some that I haven’t posted before. Most are from years ago.

These are the best 3 Space Monkey phenos that I saw in the pack.

Space Monkey (pine) - posted plenty of this before. Some different shots

Space Monkey (Lavender Pheno)

Space Monkey (Gassy Pheno)

My favorite SunRas that I saw (other than the ones that I’ve already posted). Wouldn’t usually post old blurry pictures but there aren’t too many pictures of SunRa out there. Some of these are partially seeded w/ Goji pollen. With the recent surge of SunRa interest lately maybe this will be useful for someone starting some.

Next picture is an amazing cedar pheno with effects that could hold its own against the best Gojis that I saw in my pack.

53 Likes

Beautiful as always @syzygy

12 Likes

We’re talking Space Monkey and Sun Ra, a couple faves on this hill.

17 Likes

Herer HP. 55 days from flip.

Not that I could smell much anyway, but I still have covid nose, so I’m smelling even less :frowning:

She’s much frostier in person, and more greasy than sticky. Lots and lots of medium sized buds on long internodes.

Probably got a couple more weeks :yum:

44 Likes