Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

Hey, nobody’s mad about an SSDD monocrop. That’s the butter cut, right? lol @ your dog trimming! :slight_smile:

Am I right in estimating you let the PV F2 go to about 70 days total?

4 Likes

I’m sure not! I just vaped my last bit of SSDD a week ago, so I need it in my life again! Sucks I gotta wait three more months… and I wish it was “the butter cut”. This is one of the two females I got from a pack in 2017, I let the other girl go. My pheno does have a slight bit of butter creaminess there, but its mainly funk and berry. Let me know if you ever get your hands on that butter cut, would give a lot to try it :slight_smile:

Yessir, flipped on Sept 23, 2020… 71 days.

7 Likes

Cool beans. :slight_smile: I have a pack of SSDD I’ll run at some point, try to F2 it and spread around the butter cut if I find it. I’ve tried a normal non-butter cut of SSDD grown by somebody else, apparently the best pheno they found in their pack, and it was somewhat disappointing. I’m not a big toker but it still didn’t have much potency or longevity, and the effect was pretty so-so. I reviewed it at RIU a couple years ago: https://rollitup.org/t/bodhi-seeds.518143/page-2075#post-14535633

When I run it, I hope I find something better than that. There’s gotta be a reason why it was one of bodhi’s flagship strains for so dang long. If all else fails, I can hunt the F2. An old member on RIU sent me some SSDD F2 made from his butter cut, so that’s plan C. :wink:

13 Likes

Not the only one who found ssdd so so, I see.

4 Likes

I’ve encountered a lot of mixed reviews on SSDD… even some that say the release after 2017 was different than some of the original releases. Not sure how that would be possible if the same exact mom and dad were used. It’s definitely a strain that people absolutely love or just think it’s so-so. Maybe it depends on the person, or maybe it’s the grower… I wish we could all get together in a room and smoke the exact same bud and report it’s effects… I’m guessing that the same bud would be knockout for some and just meh for others, since all of our endocannabinoid systems are slightly different.

The effect from my pheno for me is this absolutely great body stone and relaxation. It’s my go-to if I’m having trouble sleeping or treat some of my stomach issues. I’m interested in exploring the line further for sure. I’ve got a pack of Baba Kush (Bubba Kush (Katsu) x SSDD), Devil Womern ( (HAOG x SSDD) x Helena), and some Sunshine 4 F2’s to explore. I thinking of popping the Baba Kush next since there are not many reports on that one.

Just sprouted two of Sebring’s Maui Wowie Cherry Bomb pheno fems, so I’ll be showcasing some of those next up as well.

14 Likes

It’s done! All the PVs came down and are hanging for drying.

Sneak peek at Pura Vida 1 tops that I chopped a week or so ago.

27 Likes

Pura Vida 1 - floppy! Nice shaped nugs, quick finisher (the first out of this group of 4), medium stretcher, dense dense trich coverage. Most ‘Appalachia’ smell to it, out of this group. Chopped her head off early to sample to determine re-veg status…

Up Close…

Will she re-veg?

31 Likes

Looks like you got some nice spread in phenotype differences there. The one on the left looks THICC as hell (just like I like my women). They all turned out beautiful man, great job on them!

Those sneak peak nugs look absolutely delicious. Looking forward to your smoke report on these.

9 Likes

Pura Vida 2 - she hairy! Nugs are fluffier, more leafy, but still good trichomes tucked away, they are not as stalk-y as PV1. PV2 stretched the least out of this group, maybe 2x. Could have probably gone another couple day or week… she had the most marshmallow, feminine odor of this group.

Up Close…

Closer…

26 Likes

Pura Vida 3 - she got curves! haha. Most stretch-y of the group, had to bend the main cola down. It was fun trying to get it out of the screen without breaking all her branches… may have said some curse words.
Bud structure and overall plant structure is good, she supported herself more than PV1. Trich coverage is good, not as good as PV1. She’s got some funk to her, but need some more time to nail down her smells. Could have possibly gone a few more days too.

28 Likes

Pura Vida 4 - chonker. Old school looking buds. Not super large swollen calyx like PV1. More dense than PV2, but some leaf in there. Milder odors, some funk there, similar to PV2 and 3, I will have better description after the dry and cure. Stout structure, buds didn’t need support, top heavy a little bit. Stretched about 2.5x.

Main cola…

Up Close…

25 Likes

Yeah it was such a fun grow, I really like seeing all the different expressions in F2’s. She def THICC! Thanks for the kind words!

7 Likes

PV f2 putting out the lava! Nice looking plants and harvest there… pretty chunky on some of those! Look forward to digging into these down the line. Nice job on them!

7 Likes

Yessir! Thanks to @bodhi, @nube, @The_Lazy_Hippie Big ups and blessings for keeping this Pura Vida line going strong! Can’t wait to see some other members grow them out :eyeglasses:

7 Likes

Well done on the Pura Vidas :clap:t3:.
I was wondering what the Appalachia would smell like. I’ve never grown an Appy cross. Would it be chemmy? Soda? Those are smells I’ve heard from that cross. Thank you :pray:

6 Likes

Everything looks great! Got me itchin’ to chop mine, but that won’t be for about six weeks haha. That PV 2 coulda maybe gone about ten days longer, though, no?

4 Likes

I think it smells like lemon/lime soda, champagne, and some kind of chemical cleaner (not like pin-sol or anything, it’s not a sharp chemical smell, it just smells “clean” to me)… I get a similar odor from my SSDD, but its mainly the “chemical clean” smell. Haha, sorry that’s a terrible description… I need to take a class on putting smells into words!

Thanks for the compliments :pray:

8 Likes

Yes, probably another 7-10. I’ve got two SSDD plants itching to get in their new home, so I had to make space :frowning:

6 Likes

Hmmm…I see…

3 Likes

Welcome to OG, @AETHERMARTIAN !

That BBHP was a looker for sure!

I wish I could upload a higher Rez photo, I may start linking to higher Rez photos in the cloud somewhere.

2 Likes