Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Oh wait I’m getting ahead of myself lol. This Green Crack ON Haze has gotten a lot better with age… I have a shit ton of SSDD clones from @HorseBadorites that I need to do something with first lol. When I get home I’m gonna pop some Funeral Cake x Blue Sunshine beans that I made, and maybe some Ancient Sunshine x Blue Sunshine beans I got from @mainerJ and hope to find a couple good males to hit to some of the SSDD clones. I’m hoping there is some medicinal goodness to be found in doing these crosses. The Appy and Spirit Hashplant are next on the list after that though.

20 Likes

:joy::crazy_face:

15 Likes

Was wondering what people were experiencing with SSDD outdoor, specifically looking for info related to the northeast.

Appreciate your responses

10 Likes

i like to pick them early at around 8-9 weeks, barely any amber showing. Could probably skate by outdoors with that but if you’re wanting to wait for any type of amber they’ll like run into mid-late october and good chance for mold/bud-rot if they’re in a wet climate. Wet mornings in socal in mid october wrecked a good crop of my ssdd bx1 this last year :cry:

17 Likes

Thank you
I’m lucky to get to mid October in my area. It’s cold and wet for the most part. This past season September was colder and wetter than normal

9 Likes

So, this is what I’m working with

Approximately 113 Sunshine Daydream F2 beans from Sebring’s 2018 seed-run. Same batch my keeper came from for the bx1’s. Sadly these have a horrible germination rate so I’ve sorted the beans out to what I think are for sure viable, and what I think are gonna be questionable.

42 Grade A beans, versus 71 Grade B and C beans. Mostly C but there definitely should still be some good ones in the right container.
I’m going to start soaking a packs worth from the left container first to test germination and go from there. I’m really only hunting for a male or two to use with my proven F2 girl, but will be keeping an eye out for any other standout girls. I have a couple months time to kill so should work out for a Spring/Summer Sunshine Daydream F3 seed-run. See what happens.

53 Likes

Any intersex in your F2 Monkeys?
How is vigor in the F2 generation?

8 Likes

Bummer on the germ rates but so cool to see pure SSDD stock like that. Hope that you’re able to get what you need out of those beans holy!

15 Likes

Very cool - more SSDD is always good! I was lucky enough to trade for an original f1 pack, hoping the germ rates end up better than my blue taras. What are the growth/structure telltales you’re looking for in males to match your f2 keeper? I remember you mentioned the vegetal stem rub being a telltale for bubbashine phenos.

19 Likes

Nice! Best of luck on those! I grew out 3 F1 packs over the last year and a half or so looking for things to make F2’s or inline cross with but didn’t really find what I was looking for. The bubbashine pheno really does have like a ~10% chance of showing up in those.

Sadly I can’t really tell comparative growth/structure traits without cloning the seed plants first and growing out the clones as the lanky structure doesn’t really show up until you take a clone and grow it out. Like the StarShine boy I just lost, he looked normal as a seed plant but once I cloned him and grew that out, you couldn’t tell his clone apart from his mom.

So for easy stuff: Definitely that spicy/vegetal/citrus type stem rub and 5 bladed fan leaves. Trichome rub that matches my keeper’s sour butter/blueberry muffin scent like the starshine boy I had. I might even pick up some florel to use on a clone of the male(s) just to be sure on what they’re carrying before I go collecting pollen.

My goal for this F3 is 100% nerve pain relief phenos as my BX1 seems to only have a 30-50% rate of showing up with the pain relief. If I can lock in the sour butter/blueberry muffin thing I’m gonna do that too. Bodhi was all over that as the main trait of the SSDD he liked and it’s what I have so it’s what I’ve been searching for. So, very selective F3’s.

There’s a lot of chemmy skunk in those F1’s.

29 Likes

Awesome info! :raised_hands:t2: definitely taking notes! Yeah Ill f2 it and search within for sure - the ssdd f1 is a bit back in line to f2 just due to a lot of f2s and such being around. Few others to do first - blue tara, dream beaver, blueberry snow!

19 Likes

Bro you ever thought of a bubbashine ix

9 Likes

No intersex that I’ve come across, the vigor seemed to be legit (meaning the germination rate was good).

12 Likes

You had me at Dream Beaver!

11 Likes

Um dream beaver! Who am I kidding all Bodhi f2 sound great

10 Likes

Yeah I’m excited for that one! A few notes I got on dream beaver, seems the dirty hippie mom can bring a bit of instability, but should be fun to look through and f2 regardless.
“Trick is to keep clones of everything Or take clones from all the ladies and flower those. There is a trait where you can have a from seed plant show instability but it completely goes away when growing it from clone. You can find some stanky ass phenos, some creamy cherry phenos, some funky BO and fruit punch phenos that have a dope long lasting effect. Can be spacey to some but felt more like a warm blanket of happiness for me. Dream Beaver is :fire::fire:

20 Likes

I can’t get my hands on any pure bubbashine bro or I would’ve done so already. Not hoarding any over there are ya? lol I have a ton of SSDD crosses and the Blue Tara f2 and ix I have plans for, but that’s it.

16 Likes

Had to call off for a court date :slightly_smiling_face:
Been popping a lot of Bodhis Afghan hybrids lately… just doing something different. Today, got (36) Cherry Queens wet.

45 Likes

So, what’s like the rarest Bodhi strain there is? Asking for a friend Hahahahahaha…cause I need more seeds right, like another hole in the head FOGL.

15 Likes

Idk why I didnt think to post these here, but I grew out a few packs of Nierikas Purple Pakistani Chitral recently. Here’s some pic’s throughout (all random)
— currently revegging 12 purple phenos, 1 green pheno, and 4 resinous males:

However, 3/4 of the males threw some pistils :upside_down_face:
The last one, was my favorite other than it being green… so idk what I wanna do with it…
I kinda wanted some nice consistent purple breeder

And here’s the reveg. Kinda unimpressive atm

38 Likes