Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Ah beat me to it! That’s all I could find too lol

They look good tho! Sounds like a worthy project…

12 Likes

That’s for sure. Any apollo crosses!

8 Likes

@DougDawson we could never use an unreleased tester for a co-op seed run. Bodhi’s tester agreement specifically forbids breeding with unreleased lines. Whoever has these seeds agreed to that when they received them.

Honestly, the seeds should have been grown sinsemilla, documented, and a report sent to bodhi same calendar year they received the testers.

These are the stipulations they agreed to by taking part in his tester program.

They should not be trading or breeding them.

And in terms of our co-op rules, an unreleased line is the opposite of a discontinued line. By sending out this line, we would be undercutting bodhi if he ever decides to release these.

edit- lastly, if this is one of the crosses bodhi made with a pure blueberry instead of blue dream, bodhi would not have sold these.

After he sold a few lines made with dj short’s blueberry, it seems dj short complained and bodhi agreed not to sell any more lines made with his blueberry. Regardless of what any of us think of DJ’s legally dubious intellectual property claims, Bodhi agreed to abide by his request.

All of the blueberry lines he sold were remixed as sc blue dream hybrids, and the older dj blueberry hybrids were released as freebies only.

23 Likes

It was listed on BreedBay posted as Bodhi Summer Testers 2015. I could be wrong but i think it’s the same Blueberry (Indica pheno?) as used in Blue Lotus.

8 Likes

Lol, what are you doing @zephyr ? I just asked for into on the strain. You are really jumping the gun here bud. I haven’t even gathered info or agreed to do anything let alone a Co-op run :upside_down_face: Someone asked if I would F2 them and I thought this group would be my best source for info. Not sure why you are tagging the action group.

12 Likes

And here’s the info you requested. I tagged the rest of the group because any potential project or strain consideration is relevant to the whole voting group for research.

if this is a private project, there could still be some bad karma breeding and distributing testers shared privately between bodhi and someone who agreed to his tester policies.

Private project or not, keep in mind that the co-op is based on an agreement made with bodhi, and you are a co-op action group member and public representative.

13 Likes

I find the protestations especially rich…lolz.

You are getting way ahead of yourself my friend. I have not even agreed to accept the seeds let alone F2 them. I simply wanted info on the strain. Has nothing to do with the Co-op and if I wished to get them involved I would. I am a member after all, lol. Please stop bringing up the Co-op as it has nothing to do with my request to the Bodhi group for info on a particular strain.

Again not in need of a scolding thanks nor to be told what I am a representative of. Wow, really makes me sad I bothered asking about a strain just to feel like I am being attached. Not cool and uncalled for.

11 Likes

You mentioned a potential project, and I’m just looking out for you man. I don’t want you to end up in murky waters here.

I don’t mean to come off as scolding you or anything, but there are ethical considerations when working with a breeder’s unreleased tester stock.

No disrespect intended. Quite the opposite. It would be a bummer if a respected member of the community became involved with a dubious project.

The person who offered you the stock might be pulling a fast one, and I wanted to warn you.

11 Likes

Random reader here, didnt see it as scolding at all. If anything, more of a caution that the person who gave you those seeds had an agreement that you may not have known about but im just a random reading bodhi thread :heart:

10 Likes

Blueberry hill and other strains with this mother were released, but not this (dj short’s blueberry cut x apollo).

I’m only seeing this on tester lists when I search breedbay, not any releases.

9 Likes

You linked blueberry hill, blueberry x Appalachia. But the pack in question, that doug hasn’t even agreed to receive yet, much less do anything with, is blueberry x Apollo 13 F3. I think it’s still unreleased. If so, zephyr is right, they can’t be bred to or with at all.

11 Likes

They sure can. Just not by the one guy who bodhi sent them to. The problem is that guys, he won’t be ask to test again.

3 Likes

This is a good point. I am mistaken to assume that BB x Apollo was also released.
I will edit my posts above.

3 Likes

The crosses with apollo dad were mostly unreleased. I know temple of apollo (temple x apollo 11) was one that was released, not sure which others.

9 Likes

I’d ask bodhi if at all possible, if they were only testers and never freebies or anything else.

I think this line is two fold. Dj said money for blueberry, and bodhi stopped working with the Apollo when brothers grimm came back.

12 Likes

Actually the tester is the only person who could breed with them, but they would have to get in touch with bodhi and get his express permission to work with unreleased stock before doing any breeding.

12 Likes

Doug is under no contract. If that person sent him seeds. He is welcome to do with them as he pleases.
Morally different story.

6 Likes

An excerpt from bodhi’s tester agreement form for reference:

please wait for the line to be released before breeding with the testers. if the line turns out sub par we don’t want the genes released into the greater gene pool. we are working together to coax out the pinnacles of cannabis expression here on earth.

indeed.

11 Likes

Bodhi stops in at BreedBay a few times a year. Someone can ask him there, but faster if the Tester person just emails Bodhi to ask.
Unless the tester seeds were bought from a third party. I’ve seen Bodhi tester seeds being sold on strainly for example.

10 Likes