Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Peace All. I have a couple of Black Triangle F2 that are growing right now and I cant tell what may be wrong with them. They have had a humidifier like 7 inches away from them for most of their life and have not been left unattended or thirsty as I almost water every other day. But the leaves are all curled down. It’s not overwatering cuz I have them looking like this before and after the water. Could it be root bound? They are just 15 days young. Been given MegaCrop 1 part @ 3gr per gallon since day 8. They have had about 3 feedings so far.

I have a 315 CMH lighting the area ( its @280 power. Has 4 settings 180,280,340,370). Wondering has any1 had this happen and know what is wrong? Could it be genetic? Like they get like this becuz they’re rootbound?? Any answers would be appreciated.
And b4 any1 asks, no grow journal cuz I have too much going on in the house and and I even try to journal at home on paper and a Google docs program and I never finish them. So I have started another Doc but I will only make a journal if I can keep up. That is my major issue with growing period. Timing is never right. Anyway, any advice or diagnosis would be appreciated.
Stay safe, be well and GROW HARD✊🏾

8 Likes

Edit to this post is I just turned the lights up to regular or full strength. So now at 370. This is cuz I dont know what is wrong and maybe it could have to do with the lights and or heat. So I raise the light intensity and also heat and hit 2 things at once. Still no idea tho. And I dont wanna let them die.

2 Likes

Too much too fast?

I’ve got seedlings at 15 days old now too. When they sprout, the seed contains enough nutrition to get the plant above soil and started. Your soil may contain nutrition as well. You don’t need to provide supplemental nutrients for a while. Mine have had one dose of half strength nutes after I transplanted from Solo cup to fabric pot (which I did at day 10 to avoid them becoming root bound).

Are you sure you aren’t overwatering? The cups get a chance to dry between waterings?

My current theory of growing is to stay out of the plant’s way. Keep things simple. LITFA. If the plant can grow in harsh climates on it’s own, we really don’t have to intervene that much for them to flourish under ideal indoor conditions.

Here’s a Smart Move at 15 days

21 Likes

Overwatering always seems to be the answer, but what’s the temp like in the tent?

ETA: More information about your grow (medium, etc) would probably help, but also, might be better to move this question to a different area of the forum, to keep this thread on topic.

11 Likes

SSDD F1’s at 14 days in veg, flood and drain table.

SSDD F2 #1 at 43 days

52 Likes

Very interested to see what you find with the Dazzleberries, please keep us updated. SunRa like many other W15 crosses should come with carbon filter warnings on the label. :warning:

Are you doing some preservation work / in-crossing? Looks great!

Goji Male

Space Monkey

SSDD

56 Likes

Yeah I’m hunting specifically for painkilling bubbashine leaners to make F2’s and/or IX’s with. My F2 is already bubbashine leaning with the effects, but I need a male/more seeds :joy:

Your’s are lookin fantastic :heart_eyes:

28 Likes

@syzygy and @HolyAngel Beautiful looking plants! Great job! Seeing these Space Monkey has me thinking hard about running some more in the very near future.

13 Likes

Your F2 looks great! :yum:

I have a F1 that reduces my nerve pains. Not so much others, though. I’ve never seen a Bubbashine, or an Appalachian for that matter, so I’m not really sure which way she leans… other than a little to one side, so I did call her Eileen :slight_smile:

Any idea what she was?

What, exactly, are you looking for in a male? I’d really like to get this cut preggers sometime, but don’t have the time or space to hunt.

I hope this isn’t too forward, or that I’m being too lazy, but when you find what you’re looking for, please tag me.

Thanks!

30 Likes

Thanks for the update. I’m pleased to hear the Blue Tara may have helped your shoulder pain.

7 Likes

I assume the SSDD picture that I posted is one of the 10% BubbaShine phenos based on Bodhi’s descriptions. The larger bud phenos I assume to be the 70% hybrid pheno he describes, but I could definitely be wrong about this so grain of salt. Whatever direction your SSDD leans, it looks amazing.

bubbashine smells of hot buttered blueberry muffins and kush, grows like a big og covered in crystals, and has an amazing potent warm snuggly euphoric pain relieving effect,especially good for nerve pain.

KNOWN PHENOS: 70% hybrid pheno, bubbashine smell with bigger buds, nervous system harmonizer… 20% appalachia pheno, tangy chemy buds with dulingl warm blanket high… 10% bubba/blue moonshine pheno tighter kushy nuggy dreamy pheno

• Tight nugs :white_check_mark:
  • Covered in frost :white_check_mark:
  • Blueberry muffin smell :white_check_mark:
  • Grows like an OG. :white_check_mark:
  • Potent warm snuggly euphoric effect / dreamy :white_check_mark:
19 Likes

@syzygy nailed it and I would agree that his pic is the 10% bubbashine pheno.

Without being there to smell yours and such, i’d also agree that your’s is one of the hybrid phenos. Possibly leaning a little more towards the Appalachia just from looking at the structure, not that that means much.

As to what I’m looking for, I’m not positive yet. I’ve only looked at F2’s of this line and some random pics from people of the f1’s. Just comparing against my F2 keeper and her offspring, I’m specifically looking for a lemony type stem rub, sour butter blueberry kush muffin smelling balls, with some big banana style fan leaves and a lanky-ish structure. For the girls I’m basically looking for the worst looking plants :joy: mutants and runts as that’s kinda what blueberry is known for, which is the main component in bubbashine and likely what’s bringing the pain killing effect we’re seeing.

20 Likes

From your pics, I’d say I have the hybrid. I wish I knew what Bubbashine smelled like, or even Kush. Nothing I grow ever fits the smell descriptions, lol!

And Eileen thanks you for the compliment :slight_smile:

14 Likes

She smells like blueberry, muffins, and kush. hot blueberry kush muffins.

The appalachia added in a sour butter smell. Hence Bodhi’s SSDD “Butter” cut

12 Likes

A guy who doesn’t ask for much from a plant, lol!

Too bad I wasn’t here before I switched to coco, you could have had your pick from any of my pathetic looking hags!

If things ever loosen up here, I’m saving a couple packs to look through… maybe smell-o-vision will be perfected by then!

10 Likes

It might be worth entertaining the idea that different environmental or cultural methods are causing your plants terpene expression to differ. I’ve only sampled SSDD via an organic soil medium and I know that Bodhi breeds and provides his descriptions based on (organic) soil-grown plants, so that might be a variable at play here. Not trying to imply one method of growing is better, just something else to consider for why your phenotypic expressions don’t line up. Of course if you’ve run your cut in soil before then you could rule this out easily.

I prefer the smell of the chemmy rubbery SSDD phenos to the bubbashine smell personally. Also so much of this is subjective and everyones best attempt at description.

14 Likes

I think your right. Medium, fertilizer, environmental factors all affect the smell of everything I’ve grown. With some it’s a small difference,with others a much larger difference

In non sealed rooms it always astounding me how the genetics express themselves.

9 Likes

I’d be more than surprised if it didn’t. Terroir isn’t just a buzzword. I think it’s a huge part in why folks get different results growing pot, especially indoors.

It’s one of the reasons I’d like to get cuts in the hands of some mudders, or best some one who can grow outdoors.

I suck at mud, and got tired of plants that looked like they were rode hard, and put up wet. Took a lot of joy out of growing! I’m sure plants can tell that, too, lol!

My comments were more to the point that I’m not one to ask about smells or tastes, but I can recognize a pretty lassie when I see one :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Is this MantisMedGrower? It would explain the instant hate…

I had 3 packs of Soul Mate that I was excited for, but I got a case of thrips last summer. I had a dumbass family member stay at my house for a while and he liked to stick his dick in everything. I found him sleeping inside of my grow room because “it had a nice A/C” and this was right after we were clearing land for my greenhouse. Lesson learned, I now keep uneducated people far away from my grow. Anyways, I lost 3x Soul Mate, my other pack of Dazzleberry, and Black Raz. I cut everything down, cleaned, and popped new seeds. It’s where I’m at now… Yes, I’m also “Ground-Up” cannabis but after using that name for a while, it sounded too much like “Round-Up”. I told you in the other forum, but Minitiger brought it up on this thread. I don’t see the problem with changing the name of my company? MantisMedGrower was a local clone shop. I saw that he was offering Bodhi clones, so I jump on it and bought 12 clones. Long story short, I sent him a PM saying that his clones were not the best quality(my friends comments). He attacked me on the Bodhi thread on RIU and gave out my personal info that I gave for a job interview. 2yrs later, he is still harassing me. Sorry, I didn’t want to bring this up, but he attacked me in this forum yesterday and it looks like admin erased it, but I don’t know how many saw it. Since he pointed out that I had 2 accounts on here, I’ll do the same. However, I’m not using my 2nd account as a burner/sock puppet. Ground-Up cannabis made me cringe after a while because I don’t even spray my plants with organic pesticide(or any IPM). I’m sorry that it came to this, but I feel that I had to explain my side because someone couldn’t let the past go. Really, I hate talking about it and I’m done now. Looks like Mantis lost his license in Okla for not paying taxes(Okla Clone Co) and that’s not the worst of his business decisions…

I guess that I used your comment to talk about this because you did recognize my worm bins in the organic section. I’m not trying to pull one over on anyone, just hated the name “Ground-Up” for a organic cannabis farm… If I knew how to deactivate my other account, I don’t have a problem doing it…

10 Likes