Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

I’m interested in the artifact

7 Likes

PM’d about the Mountains

6 Likes

the durban we had in the bay was a quick cash crop. gdp is a classic short dense broadleaf. if you expect to see something resembling a pure sativa structure or a long flowering line, you won’t find anything like that in any of these hybrids.

of course not, nor did I claim to be. nor am I blindly regurgitating info, these are lines that I grew for several years.

I’m all for a healthy level of skepticism, but you’re coming off kind of rude.

this is an anonymous forum so I’m really not sure what you’re expecting to get here by asking me to provide specific personal background of my involvement with a community at a time when the medical community got its genetics from the black market, and even licensed medical growers were subject to raids.

17 Likes

Very familiar with the classic bay area durban worked by Mel Frank etc.

Not my intention at all. So sorry!

I’m going to go ahead and bow out of this conversation as it seems I’ve already pissed you off and done a poor job of explaining what I was trying to say. Sounds like we’ve both had experience hands on with all of these strains and are from a similar area.

I’d just encourage anyone interested in cherry pie / gsc etc to look beyond the much repeated gdp x durban claim.

Anyways, sorry to bug you and best of luck! :peace_symbol:

13 Likes

no offense taken. it’s just that these strains that come out of the black market or medical community never had modern photo documentation, and the breeders worked hard to remain anonymous.

no one from the bay area medical community could provide that level of verified information, because there are no photos or documents.

all we ever had in the prop 215 community was a sort of oral history that changed hands with the cuts, and at best some handwritten notes from the licensed plant nursery.

(edit- I’m just relaying the common wisdom of the local medical community and dispensary growers at the time these cuts came onto the scene.)

my info on girl scout cookies comes from a fillmore grower and member of a local private collective. the cherry pie was widely available in dispensaries, and a common crop for private collectives.

@api312
I don’t feel comfortable putting the names of any of the collectives I was a member of out there.

15 Likes

Totally 100% agreed. Which is why I think saying cherry pie is a gdp x durban cross with 100% confidence doesn’t make sense. All of this stuff is an oral history that changes depending on who you talk to.

8 Likes

That blockhead bx!! :hushed:

Also the artifact too

5 Likes

is that something you made yourself? it sounds like my kinda weed.

5 Likes

Hey man, its one of Bodhi’s crosses, I picked it up over on Shoes site a couple of years ago.

11 Likes

A small update on my umeboshi and lazy lightning run. I ended up with 3 umeboshi and 7 ll. The best smelling umeboshi has yet to bud and I’m day 18 f.
The LL are stretchy, smells like muted trainwreck.
All of the plants are pretty uniform
I have 2 umeboshi that are the same pheno. They are stacking nicely and smell like cherry carmex. The other umeboshi is smaller and smells like more feminine cherry (guessing a wookie leaner) it is slow to flower though. All other plants have dime to quarter sized flowers and this one is pea sized.
I don’t see anything worth keeping yet, but who knows what the next 8 weeks have to offer!

28 Likes

Whoooeee @CopaGenetics got seven packs of Metal Haze to run 500ft of canopy searching for moms and running freebies! That’s going to be fun for all of us mortals who didn’t score one:

33 Likes

damn. thatll be something to see!

6 Likes

Wish I had that space! Think I’d be more interested in hunting the zap though :wink:

11 Likes

I have a couple Lazy Lightning that are 10 days into flower and I was surprised at how much they’ve stretched already. I can see them being a 3x before it’s said and done. You’re a little ahead so I’ll keep an eye out for your updates. BOL with the rest of your grow :v:t2:

9 Likes

Can’t imagine they don’t have plans for those too, but Copa also just has a ridiculous library of Bodhi strains, lots of packs of each. Like, this post is from two years ago and I’ve watched them pick up at least 50-60 more packs since then just based on the IG. I would guess they hold something like 200 packs at least, mostly rare and limited ones. That’s part of why I’m keeping an eye on them is I don’t know another breeder investing so heavily in these genetics who’s also been around so long.

30 Likes

Mother of God!

5 Likes

Hey now,
Wanted to share a quick update with y’all. I chopped everything last Saturday at 73F. I feel like the 5 gals could have gone longer, but their time had come. The Sunshine Queen in a SIP finished first, followed by the Orange Wookie x 88g13Hp. Here are some shitty pictures I took in haste at the chop party with @BeagleZ.

A couple pics of my dry tent. I had to chop the center branch out of the SIP plants to allow some airflow.
Sunshine Queen:

Orange Wookie x 88G13Hp:

Next on deck are two Strawberry Temple donated by @BeagleZ I have my SIPs set up and will wait a week or so before planting. Although I might just hurry up and plant as these girls need to spread their wings. Hope y’all are well~ Crunch

42 Likes

i gotta follow these guys! where in the new england are they based? MA?

6 Likes

I believe Copa Genetics is out of Maine.

6 Likes

Yup, Maine. For my money, the only state besides Michigan not fuck things up too bad for breeders and growers.

7 Likes