Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

I think Shoe still has their stuff on sale for $35 a pack, whatever’s in stock. I just talked to Copa and they said the next thing coming out shortly is their GSD work, they took Bodhi’s GG#4/Sunshine Daydream cross to F6 and are calling it the “Copa Cut”.

Edit: yup, Icy Grape and Crazy Bitch both $35 with a Ancient OG freebie

11 Likes

So… Um… They worked a cross of one super-polyhybrid (GG4) and another super-polyhybrid (SSDD) to the f6 generation? Why? What was their goal? Did they actually stabilize any traits? If you grow those “f6” seeds out, will there really be any sorta uniformity there? How stable will their f6 “Copa Cut” seeds actually be? Just curious…

Sorry, man, I’m not trying to be a dick, but gimme a fucking break.

12 Likes

You’d have to ask them on their IG about the details, they’ve been posting lots of updates over the last year about it, with plenty of questions answered in the comments. I wouldn’t presume to say what their goals were.

4 Likes

Thank you for letting me know I wasn’t the only one wondering about this. Seems like a very odd choice to work so much outside of the name recognition of both. I also have never heard anyone refer to seeds as a certain cut but W/E lol

9 Likes

Again, not trying to be a dick here (I like you, @Dirt_Wizard haha), but gimme a fucking break. Not interested in asking them. “We f6’d this multipolybrid and we’re calling it The Copa Cut! Get these seeds while they last! And don’t forget to follow us on IG!”

Bitch, please…

7 Likes

The photos Copa’s posted of GSD plants have been pretty damned impressive, and I’m all for someone in the northeast doing further work on Bodhi’s lines.

9 Likes

Uh, yeah, neither have I. But you know, maybe they’re just that BAD-ASS.

You never know. They cracked the “stabilizing multipolyhybrids code” or something…

Again, I’m really not fucking with you, @Dirt_Wizard. Just, you know, let’s not go too crazy over something that’s obviously bullshit.

4 Likes

@minitiger I’m not feeling crazy about this particular release, but I am curious to see what comes from it. Bodhi himself has given his blessing to sell it, which means something to me in terms of there being something legit there. The only claim I remember seeing from Copa was that the work they’ve done tamed the hermaphrodite tendencies such that it’s no long an “outdoor only” strain like B released it as. I dunno, I see where your skepticism comes from, I also think it’s reasonable to give a breeder the benefit of the doubt when they retail their packs for $50 at DCSE, Headie Gardens, and GLG, and are in communication with the dude B himself about releasing all these preservation freebies and their own breeding based on B’s seeds. Sounds like it’s not something you’re going to be interested in, which is fine. And I like you too dude, not taking it personally at all.

14 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think maybe people are getting confused by different posts Copa’s made on IG, if I’m reading it correctly the “Copa cut” is a cut from Bodhi’s GSD release, the F6 is the seedline Copa developed from it?

Either way this seems like a lot of drama over something a person could obtain or not obtain.

11 Likes

I could have gotten that twisted, it’s entirely possible!

2 Likes

I’m not too up on all of the latest “online weed stuff,” but has anybody ever seen Bodhi NOT give his blessing to something? Haha. Dude’s cool with everything, always with the,”Yeah, man, go ahead,” attitude, which is one of the reasons I love him.

Anyway, yeah, I was just wondering, like, what the actual point of f6’ing some cross that could never actually be stabilized was. I didn’t think you’d actually know haha, i wasn’t expecting any answers from you. I was more just wondering out loud.

9 Likes

I saw he also referenced cuts from GSD F2s that he tested, it’s wicked confusing to keep everything straight on IG.

2 Likes

SO asking obvious questions is drama to you? Good to know

I am not on IG so I am going by what is being said here. Either way it sure seems like the usual from the seed selling world nowadays. Selling the secret to breeding out hermi tendencies would be worth far more then any seeds that may be sold.

Maybe someone should start a copa thread?

5 Likes

Yeah, I missed the part about “drama.” I’m not feeling very dramatic, anyway. We’re just talking here, @yardgrazer. We’re all friends. Nothing wrong with a little discussion. And if it gets a chuckle outta me, that’s even better.

That’s a really good idea. I’d follow it, for sure. I’m not even being facetious here. I love it when people work lines, especially as far as f6. You don’t see that very often. It’d be super-interesting to see how those seeds actually grow.

5 Likes

I’ll take your word for it then, no one riled up whatsoever.

3 Likes

I never said “breed out”, I said “tamed” as in reduced. I know there’s no way to eliminate hermaphroditism, it’s part of sexual reproduction. But we just watched Tonygreen do this with GG#4, select and stabilize over lots of Fgens, why the skepticism here that someone else might have tried the same? Also yeah, I don’t want to derail this Bodhi thread any more than it has been already, my intention was to speak to the work someone’s doing with his seeds and blessing.

8 Likes

Thanks for having me Crunch! Those ladies have legs!
Ya know, it should be perfect in time for you to come help take down my ST’s :thinking::drooling_face:

5 Likes

Good Lord you Bodhi folks pack on the replies! Part one was closed and now part two is rocking. Lol first time poster here but I’ve been around. I have not read every single post in this thread but I don’t see a lot of love for the phone home which I just started. It seems like such an incredible combo. TK and wookie. Are you kidding me? Stay frosty my friends. Here are my six phone home babies in cups waiting to be sexed in the weeks ahead.

29 Likes

Yeah buddy! “Uh families, we’ll be in the basement for the next hour or so and don’t want to be disturbed.”

2 Likes

Another re-post from a different forum, but on the topic of GG4xSSDD :

GG4 x SSDD Freebie

Smells pretty strong, but not the strongest (8/10). Chocolate coffee rubber chem is my best attempt at describing the smells. A bit leafier and not as frosty as Space Monkey or GG4 RIL, but still sufficient trichome coverage. Similar flower morphology to all the SSDD (*except bubbashine pheno) that I’ve tried but slightly better calyx to leaf ratio. Trichomes are a bit on the stickier side than Space Monkey which felt powdery to me. The effects are very nice and lean towards SSDD in my opinion. Great night time medicine for relaxing. Has much more of what most people label a traditional “Indica experience” vs Space Monkey’s more hybrid effects. Was labeled Outdoor Only but didn’t notice any intersex traits. My first experience with the SSDD father, would definitely be interested in sampling some more.

42 Likes