Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Bodhi’s been breeding for a very long time now. He has literally hundred’s of crosses using the entire range of the cannabis genotype including tons of unique cultivars. I think instead of asking “what strains do i need to buy” the better question is, after examining what you enjoy in weed, “what cultivars of bodhi’s express these-things-i-like-x-y-z”

Now that’s assuming you actually want to get some bodhi gear to grow. If you’re just interested in getting some bodhi gear to up your seed collection’s clout I’d recommend things like Goji OG or Black Triangle.

17 Likes

I think @Kami was growing out the ZAP if I remember right… any updates?

11 Likes

Wanted to see how you were enjoying the pestilence x snow lotus now that it’s had some time since it came down!

13 Likes

I see what you’re saying, thank you for laying it out that way. I’m looking for Bodhi Strains that are recommended for growing in a tropica environment, something vigorous but not quite a tall growing Sativa, I prefer a psychoactive high something that causes deep euphoria. In flavors I prefer lighter and crisp smokes. I like fruit heavy strains but my favorite so far have been Donkey Butter and Sour Tangie. In both of those I enjoyed from Donkey Butter what I would call a strong ginger note over almost like a sage and heavy wood aroma. The sour Tangie is always a nice almost Tang orange smell meets classic diesel.

15 Likes

Sounds like you might enjoy some of his sativa x omg crosses. @minitiger has an awesome review of Soar which you can check out if you look for it. There’s also dread bread and many others similar.

16 Likes

3 Dream axis girls a few days after transplant into the ground. Took backup cuts of all 3. The one on the left has an awesome structure. Got my eye on her.

32 Likes

After he replied I realized he had a lot of posts in this thread and went to check his profile out! Thank you and I’ll be giving it a deeper dive. So far my Bodhi collection is just Mother’s Milk Hashplant but excited to get more.

17 Likes

Yeah, that’s who I thought it was, too, but I wasn’t certain, so I didn’t tag @Kami haha.

It’s really just a matter of looking at the parent plants and extrapolating. Weed-growing isn’t rocket science, as much as some people would have you believe otherwise. If you’re looking for something that’ll do well in a tropical environment, focus on the crosses that utilize parent plants from tropical or near-tropical regions.

17 Likes

This might qualify for a co-op run. When you’re close to starting, pop in to the voting thread and you can try to get it approved for distribution!

I think @anonymous4289 Black Snow is making some waves these days: Black Triangle x Solo Stash IIRC

19 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures yes, I am trying to familiarize myself with the different site functions and sharing protocols. I’m down for making the ttnl#6 x appalachia into a co-op run and if anyone has any other packs of that one to add to the genetic pool that would be excellent.
I don’t mind being reminded once november gets here but I’ve pencilled it in for first seed pop this fall.

15 Likes

Yes and try Eternal Sunshine (Hawaiian sativa x OMG) “lemon-lime flavor w effects like a cup of coffee” big yields of wake you up goodness according to test grower ReallyBigJesusFreak.

And Smart Move (Genius Thai x OMG) has great reviews. I second Dread Bread (Mango Colombian x OMG) as a superb choice.

20 Likes

Good memory @minitiger and @iamyou_youareme .
Found it, it was @Kami growing Zap, started grow in Feb. Lots of pix:

15 Likes

Thanks everyone, read through there posts!

8 Likes

ssdd bx girls morning of day 16 hope everyone has a awesome weekend and happy growing :innocent::v::heart::seedling:

41 Likes

Haha, not enjoying any of it just yet. I am usually in no rush to try newly harvested flowers and try and let them cure for 3-4 weeks before giving them a go. Still trimming a little here and there while it’s curing in jars. Broke up a couple nugs to smell and they were definitely earthy with a slight sweetness to them. Figure the aroma will still develop and be easier to describe once smoked as well, the flowers are all nice and solid with sticky resin, easy to trim with a minimal amount of sugar leaf to deal with.

20 Likes

That is an impressively flat canopy. A true green solar panel!

7 Likes

Good for you, you have aquired the single biggest challenge to my own success in growing. The elusive skill of PATIENCE.

14 Likes

Thank you I didn’t even see this but they’ve all been noted!

4 Likes

Field Trip (gsc x ssdd)

37 Likes

I really enjoyed the field trip. Had great gassy pheno I lost unfortunately. Not a huge yielder for me but didn’t matter… It was really good

18 Likes