Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Eden Transmission F2 #1, one of the bushier plants I’ve grown without topping, right around 4 feet tall from the soil line and is the smelliest of the outdoor plants.

Eden Transmission F2 #2, started to show preflowers first and is a little more upright in structure and is a little taller than #1 although the leaves are almost identical, not much for aroma yet.

And that Dread Bread, yeah… Turns out it’s a male after closer inspection today, I had suspicions of it since it was smaller but still hasn’t shown much for preflowers until I started inspecting the lowest flowering branches where I started to see balls. One last group photo of them before I cull the Dread Bread.

Going forward, will likely get sex tests on the plants as seedlings as both these strains mostly had wispy growth for preflowers without discernible gender parts. Don’t know if it’s just strains with more landrace genetics or what, although I did have 1 Jalalgod plant that I was able to sex by week 5 (unfortunately it was a male). Can’t really wait 9 weeks before I know the sex when they need to be in their forever home by that time.

44 Likes

An option I like for early sexing is to top the plants, take an extra node off, then stick the cutting in water under a cfl on flowering timing… takes about a week to 10 days to show sex. It’s not as early as testing seedlings, but it’s free ;). I can usually do this in 1 gal pots, before the final transplant.

30 Likes

Seconding what @ramblinrose said, although I did it recently sifting females for my outdoor run and only one of the plants actually showed sex, had to actually root cutting to flower to determine the others, so it’s not 100%

17 Likes

Oh, maaaaaan, that sucks about the Dread Bread.

I will say, though, that when I saw those two pics of the Eden Transmissions, I was like,”Gasp!” haha. Fuck me, man, I love the way those look.

19 Likes

Interesting - its always worked for me as long as I change water and dont use intense light. I usually do like 10/14 to make sure its fast… blue sunshines took forever to show tho, maybe due to haze in genetics.

14 Likes

The one Bodhi strain I wish I would have grabbed a couple packs of when it was still around is the Dank Sinatra. Anyone know if Bodhi will redo that one like he has with the other 88g13hp crosses lately ?

14 Likes

Thanks for the tip on sexing early, usually I don’t mess with all of that for my outdoor plants. Normally it isn’t much of an issue for other strains but maybe strains with equatorial moms (these are each Vietnamese and Colombian) have other plans? Even the preflower growth was just wispy growth tips (no balls or pistils), sometimes even looking like another small node growing…

Thanks for sharing Legs, I have Sebring’s Maui Wowie going and that showed sex around week 5 as most plants usually do. I can typically sex them in their 2.5 gallon pots before culling or potting up into their larger container.

Yeah, it has been an elusive strain for me, have now popped 8 or so beans within the last few years and have yet to be able to run a female plant…

Haha, thanks man. I had a feeling they would be singing to you, excited to see them start forming flowers.

20 Likes

Thanks to whoever said good things about the Jager HP outdoors, because so far I like how these plants are doing (keep in mind they were stuck in small nursery pots until a month ago, bureaucracy is slow).

Too bad I suck at taking halfway useful photos.

39 Likes

Love the look of these plants, they real purdy! Great job so far with them, they look really happy. We’ll be waiting for the smoke report…

Hope you get a Jager pheno… one of the more interesting smells/terps I’ve come across. Looking great dude.

18 Likes

I don’t think it is one that could be remade unfortunately to one of the crosses be it the mother or the father has died off.

7 Likes

yeah the question is if Bodhi still has the LA Affie or not. We know he’s still got the dad (88G13HP).

I wonder the same about him still holding the Nepali OG and the Hollywood Pure Kush cuts.

21 Likes

I don’t think he does

2 Likes

Absolutely, maybe I’ll have to send some to @minitiger since he definitely does a better job at that than me, the smoking part and the report part.

12 Likes

i have a pack of those Dank Sinatras. i don’t know when i’ll get to them but i know they’ll be fire. it’s shitty having so many bodhi packs without the ability to grow them all. not a bad problem to have unless they sit around for too long and don’t germ.

18 Likes

obligatory F2 meme :joy:

29 Likes

it’s not something i plan on. i don’t have the time or space. i have too many plans ahead of me.

9 Likes

Really liking the leaves on those though!

6 Likes

muh ticker :woozy_face:

I’ll offer to take any males off your hands lol

11 Likes

I just chopped a goji f2 male before it skeeted outside. I was using it for testing out root pruning bonsai style to keep mothers in smaller pots.

8 Likes

There’s f2’s floating around here and there. The person who made them will probably show up here again at some point, maybe they’ll see your post and send some to you.

Haha, nahhhhh, you can do it! And if I was inclined to post gifs and memes, I’d post Rob Schneider saying,”You can do it!” I don’t remember what movie that was from, though. “Waterboy,” maybe? Haha.

16 Likes