Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Sun Ra getting harvested tomorrow. Smells of cirtus, chem, and fresh cut grass. Flowered for 63 days. Would have like to have taken her longer, but boytris has started popping up on her. It’s been a remarkably easy growing plant, and always seemed to look cheerful.

46 Likes

old soul 1 and 6 clones going to be flipping them sometime this weekend got to get in and clean up a bit and throw on the scrog net hope everyone has a awesome day much love and good vibes :heart::v::seedling::sunny:

33 Likes

i like that my old soul 6 is looking better than the other one :grin:

here’s mine, same one old soul 6 at day 23f

i just took some out of the freezer from 2021 i’m gonna smoke it tomorrow, i’m sure it’s “frozen” in time

40 Likes

I’m so stoked to see the 6 in flower so vigorous going to be some monsters hopefully the number 1 stands up too it being the lone survivor to dampening off from my pack didn’t really make a selection on her but didnt have the nerve to cull her so :crossed_fingers: she’s half way decent in comparison @supershitfuck

12 Likes

when that happened to me last i ended up with a super good p’ant a grew multiple times

6 Likes

Got gifted these from a good mate… Gonna give em a run soon as I have a gap… Read some decent things about em and I’ve been enjoying the g13hp stuff…

34 Likes

Imperial Majesty and Temple V2 are now in the mix.lol.

I didn’t need any beans but I didn’t need that 52 bux more :smiley:

@ GLG $26 a pack shipped??? Where are we headed??

Dazzleberry on the outs …this is the #2, which was smaller and stickier than the #1. I planted the #1 there first and it spassed out into single leafs…wtf…So she got a late start but Every branch is a cola…I think I like this plant :smiley:

36 Likes

Looking good! I just popped some Saints Crossing myself along side some 907 Blue Genes. I’ll be checking in on ya!

13 Likes

GLG all Bodhi $45
Good freebies
BOGO

15 Likes

There’s Portable Space Ship too - Lush x Kashmir. Made a few F2’s and have sent a handful out. Flowered out a random f2 a few times now and she stands with the best. Absolutely stupid what is considered “elite” these days, but that’s for another story. Extremely vigorous, frosty, terpy plants with an enjoyable, long lasting buzz. Not the biggest heads in my experience yet though.

Very interested in growing out the Passionfruit Hashplant after Willie’s killer grow journal. Curious how much influence the Kashmir has versus the 88. Guessing the lemonade vibe is from the Kashmir, but maybe its the Laos! Pure Kush definitely brings out the bubblegum. Huge spectrum of scents and effects based on when it’s harvested! Citrus, herbal, bubblegum haze funk! Happy Friday.

27 Likes

I wanted to ask you tenured bodhi growers how you get his seeds to take? I usually have no issues getting other seeds to take within two days, but I’m finding these are harder than anyone else. I had bad luck with an older pack so that is understandable, but there have been instances of newer lines where I am having a struggle. I know of a seed cracker , and soaking with some peroxide for 12-24 hours. Is that the method you usually use? Is there something I may be overlooking that works sensationally for you all?

6 Likes

H2O2 solution soak for 8-12 hours then into a paper towel in a spot at 80F or above in the same solution…

8 Likes

I have soaked before but recently I’ve simply planted directly into my regular soil mixture (ProMix with added perlite and a touch of EWC) in a Solo cup. The cups go in a humidity chamber with a heating pad underneath. I’ve run that under T5 lights and also under a SpiderFarmer SF2000 turned way down. I’ve not had many fail to pop.

10 Likes

When you smoke that Time Bandit you will feel like you’re on a vacation. That’s what bodhi should have called it: “Vacation”. It will steal your day and you won’t have a care in the world.

17 Likes

That’s usually how I do my seeds . I pre mix a cup of soil and water in a larger container adding water and mixing by hand to ensure everything is a good moisture, then put seeds in and usually in 2-5 days they take. I haven’t had much luck that route , however I do seed soak until they sink when I poke them down into the water.

6 Likes

Soak in H2O2 solution for 8-24 hours, depending on when I remember them and/or have time to plant them. Then plant directly into lightly moist medium (I’ve used both seed starter soil or Pro-mix HP) in a 3" pot. The pots are placed in a tray with a humidity dome on top of a heating mat that is regulated to 78-80F.

10 Likes

I’ve had better luck with Bodhi than other breeders. Scuff and then moist paper towel/ziplock on top of my Roku box seems to be working well. 24-48 hours usually to get tails. But if I don’t get tails by then, I just leave it on the Roku box til it pops (or not).

Oh yeah…I blow into the ziplock before sealing it up. I feel like it helps with the humidity…or I’m just OCD.

17 Likes

Yeah, Bodhi’s seeds are vigorous. I’ve done both the “plant ‘em straight in the soil” method and recently started soaking (water with a little bit of fulvic) all my seeds for 12-24 hours before I plant them, too; never really had an issue with his gear either way. Of everything I’ve ever grown, Bodhi’s seeds have the consistently-best germination rate.

17 Likes

Viva Towel Sauna, very wet, sanded with towel inside Ziplock. Make sure bag is “plump with air.
30 to 48 hours to plant with tales.

15 Likes

My experience lines up with the other positive anecdotes. Was just mentioning in private the other day how the seeds Bodhi made 5+ years ago have better germ rates than my home-made healthy (apparently) seeds. All seeds from Bodhi seem to open up within 12-24 hours in wet paper towel for me, even seeds that I purchased around 2015.

21 Likes