Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

a money grab. i have enough packs to be happy without dropping 500 on this 1

10 Likes

18 Likes

I just paid $45 a pack for my very nice Bodhi strains, and got GLG BOGO along with several Bad Dawg Freebies.

14 Likes

So out of the $500 asking price. How much do you guys think is Berner expecting people to want to pay for his album or for the seeds? Like, do you think Berner think the beans are worth $480 and his album is worth $20 or? :sweat_smile:

Also, only 15 beans across TWO strains? Bodhi does 11/12 per pack normally.

20 Likes

A person can spend lots of $ chasing the latest and greatest.
I wait and buy discounts a few month later.

15 Likes

Bodhi knew who he was getting into bed with from the beginning.

21 Likes

Heres a Bubbashine HP f2 update. Had 2 females, 3 males - one male culled bc it was much faster to flower. The two females have a great bushy structure. Males more vertical but they are confined to 1gals. The males have pretty narrow leaves surprisingly. Ill be doing some lower branch pollenation for F3s. Not much to report on smells yet (wk2-3ish flower), light citrus on stem rub, some herbal celery kinda stem rub too. The females are very easygoing plants in 5gals, they dont seem picky on nutes and adjusted to me switching lights around a bunch easily.

(upload://6Akiyb91ZWvugg7CzFTnVPEw8KZ.jpeg)

50 Likes

ooh the 3rd/4th pic and the last pic remind me of my SSDD F2 girl! What I call buttershine. The branching on your girl and those leaves on that male both are familiar traits in my eyes. Herbal celery sounds about right too for the stem rub, thatā€™s another thing I look for in the SSDD lineā€™s when hunting bubbashine.

21 Likes

Oo good to know. The smaller female has the celery herbal stem rub and displayed a variegated leaf, so Ive had my eye on that one for a bubbashine leaner. The larger hedge bush female has the citrus. The males are now in their own closet, hoping to get a decent amount of F3s while not pollenating the whole tent haha.

16 Likes

@VAhomegrown

Seed stratification is a real thing. Itā€™s necessary for a lot of self-seeding plants, both annuals and perennials. Iā€™ve done it with older weed seeds. Iā€™m not saying that fresh pot seeds need it, but it is a thing.

The thing I found with freezing seeds vs refrigerating is after frozen seeds thaw, they need to be planted. Canā€™t re-freeze or dilly-dally about getting them into the ground.

But, back to real Bodhi. Herer Hashplant, just flipped.

37 Likes

I winced when I read the part about freezing :confounded: - if those arenā€™t drier than dry itā€™ll destroy them. Maybeā€¦ hopefully, theyā€™ll all be zero germ & b already got paid :joy:

Must have been desperate to pay a bill to go to a loan shark in a giant hoodie.

Poor Bodhi. We should do something for him.

:evergreen_tree:

14 Likes

Oh Iā€™m not casting doubt on seed stratification, Iā€™m just saying thatā€™s something they should have done before letting people buy them for $500 a pack. And then they make Bodhi explain to people that they need to be frozen to emulate nature lol, like putting a bow on a turd. I brought up the fact that Bodhi never says we have to freeze his seeds because Iā€™m sure he takes care of all that before we get to them. Heā€™d never release seeds under those conditions under his own name. Seed stratification is not something the end consumer should have to worry about for the most part IMO

18 Likes

All that said - raspberry orgasm sounds like an interesting mom - Im guessing goji raz x orgasmatron?

14 Likes

Or Goji Razz x Wookie Orgasm?

12 Likes

like loyally buy his seeds for years?

24 Likes

Poor Bodhi? Iā€™m pretty sure he got paid for thisā€¦ and he willingly works for Berner now tooā€¦

19 Likes

Looks more like a Bodhi pack than anything else. Even has the purple bag and gold label.

And if heā€™s the lead geneticist, why is he running PR and telling people how to pop the seeds? Sounds like Berner is just using the Bodhi name to hype it all up. If he really wanted him for his vast knowledge only, Bodhi would be in a grow room with his head down diligently working.

20 Likes

Fickle bunch. Everyone does realize that it seems like heā€™s gone through a lot lately. Separated with a kid. Maybe some other difficulties that led to the separation in the first place. Probably costly.

Itā€™s an odd partner based on his philosophy but I have difficulties faulting him if heā€™s looking to help shore up a stable income stream.

With that being said, Iā€™m not particularly interested in the Berner brand. I harbor no ill will toward Bodhi and wish him success.

35 Likes

I feel the same way. Iā€™m not hating on Bodhi for taking a good sized paycheck in a recession with a newly divorced ex wife and 2 kids, one of which would require 100% care for probably the rest of the kids life.

I watched a podcast with Kevin Jodrey and he was saying how he was in the same boat a while ago. Jodrey has his doctorate in plant shit and that comes with student loans. He couldnā€™t just take any old position as a grower, he needed to be compensated fairly for his vast knowledge. Iā€™d assume Bodhi is the same way. Bodhi isnā€™t a regular grower, heā€™s something special and should be compensated for that fairly. He hadnā€™t even raised his pack prices for YEARS!! Bodhi took care of us for so long, let him reap some benefits of his knowledge and get paid.

23 Likes

Yea no one is hating on Bodhi. He doesnā€™t make the final decisions of what goes down at Cookies. Def not hating on him for taking a paycheck. Def hating on Berner/Cookies though. They def arenā€™t showing him or his passion the respect they deserve. If they truly appreciated what he had to offer they would have made him a partner or just rebrand, kick Berner to the curb and make Bodhi CEO. Theyā€™re gonna have to change their name once federal legalization hits. The govt isnā€™t gonna let a company called ā€œCookiesā€ sell marijuana products lol. Might be too appealing to children, or kids would get into the weed because they thought it was actual cookies. Berner dumb af thinking Cookies is going to be a 100 year brand. They have until federal legalization hits before they need to completely rebrand.

15 Likes