Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Very much like ticket touting, or buy to rent I think? It’s a commodity to be traded with them

6 Likes

Cherry Lotus or Everything x Big Sur Holy Bud?.. and no the answer cannot be both lol

8 Likes

Cherry lotus because I’ve always been curious to see some grown out kinda surprised to still see available @2minTurkish

3 Likes

Super silver hashplant

Super silver hashplant f2

29 Likes

I was thinking more like collab on an OG made, Bodhi derived F1, give it to him to sell or do as he pleases… or just a fuckin christmas sweater that says “everyone loves bodhi”. :man_shrugging:

I’m pretty sure he MIGHT get paid something, but AFAIK seed sales don’t pay off until they’re all gone…(have they? I don’t follow IG only OG :joy: ).

Pretty sure most of us have no argument here; Not a thing any of us would choose or predict but we’ll all tolerate/look past it, & hope the couple’s “better half” makes out well when it all falls apart. :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

15 Likes

I could throw in on a tacky sweater for sure!

7 Likes

Depends on what you are looking for. I’ve grown cherry lotus but am very interested in what everything x BSHB looks like. As far as I know you’d be the first reporting on them. I have a pack as well but probably won’t get to them until the spring.

6 Likes

I don’t have either right now but can pick up a pack of 1 of them

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. As somebody who’s had to deal with the IRS twice in the last five years (despite the fact that I’ve been unemployed for six+ years), that’s all I could think about when I saw that “cash-only” thing. Playing with fire for sure haha. Half-a-million in cash? Better hope nobody comes sniffin’ around…

The IRS never loses. Which is why I hate them haha! Bastards…

19 Likes

I meant because dispensaries largely operate as cash businesses, not because they want to hide their income, but because they can’t take credit cards (or access financial services from FDIC insured banks).

If anything I’d think licensed cannabis businesses have even more motivation to declare all of their income on their tax returns. The IRS will get their money, only a matter of how hard (and thus expensive) you wanna make it.

7 Likes

Bodhi’s compartmentalizing this work and I think we should take the same approach. This doesn’t affect any of the brands’ working modalities that we’ve all come to love, so as far as I’m concerned this is like Bowie and Tin Machine, or Jagger and Superheavy: an unfortunate side project that is not of interest to me. Frankly after having a kid I would never begrudge a man who has to do something to put food in his child’s mouth if that’s what this move really is, and even more so if this paycheck allows him more financial freedom to continue his work with his personal brands then I’m all for it. More importantly here, the cannabis community doesn’t stand to benefit from internal divisions like this, the people that stand to benefit most from this kind of infighting are the same ones lobbying to restrict home growing and force us to buy thier shitty chemical laden pesticide sprayed boof. Any move that expands the range of the cannabis community and encourages others to interact with the plant directly is something we should find a way to support even if we do want to quietly laugh to ourselves about what people paid and shit like that. More love, more understanding, all that hippy shit. Now I’m gonna put all the soap back in the box :heart::v:t2:

33 Likes

As far as we know right now…

10 Likes

So who’s gonna buy a pack, f2 it and spread it tf around OG??

18 Likes

I think it has. He’s hardly released anything new lately. Mostly just fridge cleanouts. He’s been putting in work for Berner but hasnt really been able to do many new releases for his own brand. Working for Berner is a big part of what he’s been referring to for the past year about being busy etc. He said in that vid the other day that they hunted 15,000 seeds. That’s no small task. And he said he’s hoping to start up testing for Bodhi Seeds again in another 12 months or so, so that’ll be about 2 years that he hasn’t been able to do a lot for his brand and for people like us. I think 2023 is going to be another slow year for Bodhi Seeds as far as releases go.

He’s the lead geneticist for Cookies at One Log. That’s a little more than a side project. He did say he can bail at any time though, so at least he’s (AFAWK) not under a contract. And side projects don’t normally detract you from your main projects too much like this has for him.

That’s Berner though. @zephyr has made more than a few comments about this already. Supporting Berner is supporting things we don’t agree with. Just because Bodhi is working with them does not mean I need to give them any kind of a chance or be supportive of someone I don’t agree with or even like as a person. Fuck Berner. I’m just hoping Bodhi is getting a nice fat check out of this $500k drop. Bodhi is the only person in that situation I care about.

I get that idea, but I’m also not going to put my head in the sand and ignore certain realities for the sake of good faith. This drop is a cash grab. Plain and simple. $500 for a dogshit rap album and 15 seeds that need to be frozen for 2 weeks +. I don’t think that I can be convinced that this was anything more than that. We also need to be aware of toxic positivity, and allowing toxic things to happen because we’d rather try and be positive about something. I say “allowing” like we have any bearing over the situation, but I guess what I mean is “be quiet about” since all we can do is voice our opinions. If no one ever dissented then this would be a boring world to live in. Ideas are meant to be challenged. That’s how they grow and evolve.

21 Likes

Make sure to freeze it for 2 weeks + first lol

8 Likes

“Vanity is vanity. Everything is vanity”
“There no new thing under the Sun”

Marketing is marketing
Nothing new here either

Let the Buyer Beware

19 Likes

Sounds like a great opportunity for a group buy right there! Have to vote for who gets to be in the discord :joy: and then someone has to actually make it to that dispo with cash to buy the beans :see_no_evil:

18 Likes

Definitely hear your points, what I meant by the comment regarding his other companies was that there would be no change in intention within those companies, I.e. he’s not going to start hitting everything with cookies (god I hope), but there’s no denying that he hasn’t had the time to dedicate like he did, that is very much true. I would like to think that maybe there is a larger plan afoot though, like maybe these fridge clean outs are an attempt to pave the way for newer projects, I don’t know if that’s the case but I’d like to think so. I want to be clear that I’m not a fan of Berner, cookies or this overall development, but am more choosing to try to see the good in the situation, but all your points are totally valid, and everyone is entitled to their own feelings about this stuff. One thing I’m trying to do these days too is allow space for different opinions to coexist. We can think and feel differently and still remain neighbors, my post is more just me expressing my feelings on the matter, or I guess how I’m choosing to feel, but no expectations that anyone agree or anything. Ultimately I think everyone would have been happier if this whole thing never went down, but the eggs are broken now, we all just have to decide what kind of omelette we’re going to make out of the situation I guess.

22 Likes

Peace All. I’m with @newb2.0 I thought that at the very start but I’m not a daily poster so I dont always enter my opinions, but I was thinking along these lines from the very RIP. We should have had about 50 or more ppl to put 5 10 on it and we could have had the pck and ran it and dispersed it amongst ourselves first and then every and any 1 else. That’s how it would have hurt the future exploitation of the plant and kept it reasonable for all so that ppl could all enjoy whatever benefits it had to offer. If no1 from here got a pack then we cant do it. I personally wish I could have had that kinda bread and the opportunity to be there. I definitely would have donated here to get pres. ran.
My .02 Peace all. Be safe. :call_me_hand:t5::v:t5:

9 Likes

100% man. I wasn’t trying to butt heads with you or anything. Just expressing my thoughts and feelings. Hopefully my comments didn’t come off as being antagonistic!

15 Likes