Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

I posted a picture of a plant I have of Sunshine 4 f2 from 50 state not to far up above if you search, too.

I will try to get a finished picture of some nuggie…

8 Likes

As I recall, they were made from a specific male and a specific female selected from one or more packs of Sunshine 4.

His naming may have been to keep them straight in his mind based on what he was selecting toward for both parents as much as to make sure people didn’t expect that they were from an open pollination.

12 Likes

Yea it’s Sunshine 4 x Sunshine 4, #7, #8

12 Likes

gotcha, yeah if it’s labeled something like “Sunshine4 #7 x Sunshine4 #8” then that totally makes sense :+1:

10 Likes

I think he used 2 males, #7 and #8

20 Likes

Well, crap! Both Smart Moves are boys (as is the NLxSkunk on the farthest left).
FarmerFreemanresultsFEB22

I’m thankful it’s over 50% girls, plus now I have an excuse to get more beans wet!

This was the first time I’ve used a plant gender test and it worked really smoothly. I received the kits in the mail one week ago (Thursday), took samples (1/2" to 1" leaf clipping) and dropped them in outgoing mail (Priority) on Friday. They had to travel from the Midwest to D.C. and then get processed by the lab. With all the slowdowns happening these days I’m really impressed with a 1 week turnaround time which includes shipping. My only complaint is the cost (around $15 per plant), but I know the kits sold for $10 each during last year’s 4/20 sales. Might need to stock up then.

15 Likes

How much did testing 7 plants cost?

edit: Oof stoned moment lol. $15 per plant I see lol

6 Likes

I bought a 10-pack of tests which puts the price at $12 each + the cost of Priority shipping.
I used 7 of the 10 here so I have three leftover to use in the future.

7 Likes

What’s the name of this place again?

4 Likes
10 Likes

Cool, thank you.

4 Likes

This is what I received with my order

14 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna see if I can’t find a place in CA or somewhere closer than DC that does this. I don’t wanna be sending stuff all across the country if I don’t have to. I’m sure there are probably a ton of places here that do that kind of testing. I’ve always thought about getting them tested in veg, especially because of the horrible M:F ratios I’ve been getting the last few years.

Sounds like it works, though!

8 Likes

mmmmmmm 2 Port Wine Cheeses for ya !! :fire:

5 Likes

They run that sale twice each year. Once in April for 4/20 and also for Black Friday.

When you buy the test, they guarantee they’ll always accept them so buying ahead won’t be an issue. They’ve even offered to replace test kits for me when USPS took forever + 1 week to deliver them to DC.

I typically clip a leaf sample when the 2nd full set of leaves is fully unfurled…so I can have gender results before hitting 4 weeks from sprout. Also, make sure that if you sprayed anything on your seedlings (foliar IPM, etc) that you put a note in the envelope along with the tests. They prefer if you don’t spray anything until after you take a sample though, because they have to use a different testing method–no less reliable, but takes longer.

12 Likes

If you find a local CA option let us know. I’ve used Farmer Freeman twice and it works, but not having to mail to DC would be nice.

9 Likes

this is first seed purchase where i have no intention of growing 'em, i just wana have 'em and that’s how a seed hoarder is born

33 Likes

i think we’ve all got packs like that, lol.

10 Likes

Bodhi’s Sunshine 4, F2’d by 50state, grown by me. Follows 50states description above, and this one leans to the sweeter side of the smell, with some definitely dank cheminess.

Friend recently proclaimed they don’t think its good daytime weed necessarily and that this pheno is pretty one hit quit for them. They like it. At night… hah

53 Likes

Presently holding several thousand Tranquil Elephantizer V1 f3’d From Useful Seeds’ preservation f2.
Golf Ball buds. Tremendously strong side branches. Sweet Gas

28 Likes