Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

That BLR cut he has is absolutely phenomenal. Like stellar! I’d love to see what comes out of the the creations you make? Do you have a grow thread @Kokua.Seed ?

1 Like

Very interesting to hear you say you weren’t impressed by the appy crosses you have tried. I’ve only tried a couple and was impressed but the ones I have are gems in the collection so I could be biased, I need to explore further into the parental strains and see which is best, so far I know I have loved every single 88g13hp x I’ve experienced and it’s been quite a few, (my type of heavy buzz, serious pain relief.) the one I need to delve further into is wookie as I’ve got to sample only one wookie strain of which I enjoyed very much which was space monkey .

16 Likes

Some Goji cuts just pumping out the roots! Pretty stoked to work with this legendary strain finally .

41 Likes

hey i’m curious to know what 88g13hp you tried? and what you liked best ? i have 4 different crosses and dont know what ones to pop first.

10 Likes

Perhaps I worded that last post improperly
The only appy strain I remember growing back then was elfinstone and I enjoyed the smoke but the buds were much looser and light then I typically hope for. Plus everyone was already grabbing every appy cross and I try to avoid the popular stuff.

It was surprisingly small yield considering the size of the wands but they were just super loose. Could have just been the pheno or perhaps my skill set wasn’t where it needed to be.
I’ve since grown a few more and can understand why that male was so appreciated.

Over the years I’ve grown more of the 88hp crosses then I can even remember and I too have enjoyed them but I do find the male shows through on majority of the phenos.not that that’s a bad thing anyway I enjoy the same smoke as you apparently.
Been going through the wookie male crosses lately myself and it’s to early to have a verdict

23 Likes

A lot of trial and error, a lot of error lol… I’m still fairly new to fermenting. I made this JADAM solution like 2 summers ago and just now started using it. I had it tested at Logan Labs and my soil agronomist helped me understand the test results lol. It was fairly impressive, I tried to share the video he made for me, but wasn’t able to post it on here(organic section). I appreciate the kind words! I get all of my inputs for free and soil testing is the only thing that I really pay for. I think soil testing is important if you don’t have a full grasp on things, I don’t lol, so I get tested. Basically, my JADAM was high in micronutrients(Fe, Mn, B) and low in calcium and sulfur. It looks like I have a little Mg problem, but that could be more of a Ph issue(I keep it low). I’m rambling, but here’s what I did yesterday at my worm bins(coleslaw anyone)…

35 Likes

i assume you like cole slaw?

respect on the just paying for testing

13 Likes

I’ve said this before recently on another thread, but Cho KNF has an input that’s just lightly roasted egg shells (or seashells) crushed and dissolved in vinegar to make water soluble calcium.

Might be useful given your current soil composition!

13 Likes

This input, vinegar with eggs or sea shells is calcium acetate, only for foliar use, not for watering.

10 Likes

Indeed, thanks for adding that important detail.
The other day I had to leave the house and asked my partner to finish cooking a dish I had started… Ruined because I cooked professionally and made an assumption about “common knowledge” that she apparently didn’t have! :sweat_smile::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Good call. I’m guessing the vinegar could severely burn the roots?

5 Likes

Honestly I’m in love with clusterfunk. But I have tried master hashplant, time bandit , and pirate sweat, all pretty good, and each very individual from the next. I had some devils HP from a good friend that was amazing and potent AF too! I have a full pack of CF here I’m dying to run and explore the phenos a bit. Also snuggle funk I’m also excited to explore. There’s so many damn options from that male alone it’s insane. I need to prioritize some older stuff and f2 them though so atm they will have to wait.

17 Likes

I actually have some made, but I didn’t want to clutter this thread more than I already have.

2 Likes

In the past, I bought seeds from “Hazeman Seeds” and he had a blowfish and '88G13/HP offerings. I wonder if there is any connection to Bodhi?

8 Likes

Hazeman makes some good beans as well. Didn’t know he had blowfish , he has a few packs I’ve been hunting in fact, I think they most likely just swapped cuts or perhaps he just worked with Bodhis gear? Unsure either way but now I’m gonna look for that blowfish from hazeman . No joke I’ve been trying to find blowfish beans for 3-4 days now, it’s funny you mention that cuz I really want his La pure Kush as well as a couple others.

8 Likes

Hazeman got NDNguy’s 88g13hp same as bodhi and a few others did. The deal was not to sell it, and hazeman keeps selling it. I bought a pack anyways :joy:

19 Likes

Mountain Temple

8.5 week pheno

10.5 week pheno

61 Likes

i agree! pretty special plant, lots of “mango” flavor out there but this one is different its more fermented green mango peels, sap heavy buds [quote=“TopShelfTrees1, post:784, topic:72783”]
Honestly I’m in love with clusterfunk
[/quote]

me too, 100%

i grew 3 packs of mountain temple and none had enough weight for me, airy buds, i like intense flavor and it didn’t quite have that either, compared to other bodhi strains like hollyweed clusterfunk or old soul, now those are seriously fire

22 Likes

These MT were dense, especially the longer flowering one. I lost a bit of 2 of the main tops to internal rot, just couldn’t get enough airflow. They were very slow in veg though and i just couldnt get them to the size i wanted in time for flowering. I prefer large plants, these didnt even quite double in height. But they did bush out. The shorter flowering one was stronger in aroma and cerebral effect. I didn’t find any of the 7up smells I’ve heard about, mine were a blend of funk and rotting tropical fruit. It’s been one of the best smoke I’ve ever grown and right up there in in anything I’ve smoked in my life.

21 Likes

nice, i got those phenos as well, the ones i fell in love with were the 7up one, thats why i popped 3 packs haha, i loved it so much, to me they had this amazing flowering apple tree smell, i just prefer other bodhi strains

15 Likes