Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Ditto. That’s another one I’ve always considered buying, for what must be like six years now, but I never have.

5 Likes

I can shoot you a few beans of the Sky Lotus in a couple weeks, once they arrive, PM me a good addy!

5 Likes

Thanks, man, but I’ve got way too many seeds right now. And more on the way haha. I have no idea when I’d ever get around to growing those Sky Lotuses. I’ll just enjoy your grow report, which you will obviously log from start to finish here at overgrow. Right? Right?!? Haha.

10 Likes

Week 4 on these Peach Hashplants, 6 different females in here from seed. Can’t wait to see how the flavors develop, hopefully a keeper to be found. Not much peach terps at the moment but there is definite citrus undertones and hashy funk.
Also just germinated a pack of the Black Raspberry for the next rounds hunt in here. Will be my first hunt with any of the wookie male work

24 Likes

Beautiful structure on this Peach Hashplant

23 Likes

https://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/bodhi-seeds/

420 sale…BOGOF. .ye buy one pack get one free

9 Likes

…hippy slayer 33×Kashmir22

17 Likes

I hadn’t perused GLG’s Bodhi listings for a while. I noticed “The Fuzz” at the very end of the alphabetic list (entered without “Bodhi Seeds” so it shows up last). I see the parents listed as Chem91 and Appalachia, which sounds a lot like Bodhi’s “Cobra Lips” (Chemdawg x Appalachia).

Has anyone had experience with either or both? I may pop a pack of Cobra Lips in the near future…

9 Likes

I know @nube grew Cobra Lips (in SIPs)… not sure if you have a BreedBay account, but here’s the link

Looks like there is a few photos of The Fuzz over there too. I guess the difference is the Chem cut, one being Chem 3 and one '91?

Looks like @minitiger grew The Fuzz too…

6 Likes

Dude, it is so weird the way things work. Seems like a lot of us are kind of tuned in to each other, whether we know it or not. I was JUST talking about The Fuzz with another OG member yesterday.

Here’s the grow report, @BarefootAndBlazed if you’re interested: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/bodhi-the-fuzz-and-clusterfunk-rare-dankness-tangerine-kush-kos-el-jefe-thai.88412/

One thing I’ve been wondering about: I thought Bodhi lost that Appalachia male. How are seeds of, like, the Fuzz and Mountain Temple still available? Either way, if you’re interested in those seeds, @BarefootAndBlazed you should get them. They yielded really, really well and the smoke was insanely strong. It wasn’t my favorite kind of high (think: dick in the dirt), but I know a lot of people would really dig it.

18 Likes

Meeeeeee, would dig it

7 Likes

Yeah the male is gone. So either pollen in the freezer, or I think more likely, seeds that have been in storage maybe and slowly released? I’ve been curious about this too.

9 Likes

Hmm. So that would mean that those seeds are like several years old already, right? I mean, I think I bought seeds of The Fuzz and Mountain Temple like six years ago.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’d be my guess… you’d have to have a massive amount of frozen pollen to keep making new seeds it seems, but maybe that’s the case? Once you thaw pollen, can you refreeze it?

7 Likes

In the past bodhi has said on breedbay that when seeds are released from a male that was lost, they are stock taken out of deep freeze. this is probably the case.

edit- he used to give updates on stock levels for popular strains, ie-

Can anyone tell be if Solo’s stash is.going to get dropped anytime soon, also the Ancient Og?

Great work as usual bodhi…

theres more stash, only one is totally out, i can look which one it is, i believe theres a nice sack of solos still in the fridge, and smaller bags of the others.

I took a lot of notes and saved some posts as reference material for the lines I have.

15 Likes

Yes, as @zephyr noted, they’ve been in deep freeze that whole time. I’m guessing the reason they’re getting re-released now is that b is purging the old to make space for new. There was only ever one Appy pollination run. It’s well documented by bodhi at Breedbay.

Cobra Lips is the super rare Chem 3 x Appalachia. It was a bodhi seeds freebie for 2 or 3 straight years at every seedbank. Chem 3 is regarded by some as the best of all the chems, and she produces tropical fruity buds with very high potency in every cross, sometimes with a nice chemmy tinge. The 4x HT cannabis cup winning “Sunshine 4” is well known to actually be a cut from the extremely rare Chem 3 x Sunshine Daydream packs, as discussed elsewhere on this site. Only a few people ever held the Chem 3 afaik, and I think maybe only bodhi and nspecta have cuts anymore, if at all. The other person I know who held it was restricted from sharing it and lost it last year.

21 Likes

Thanks for clarifying… I wonder why the Chem 3 cut is not more widely used? Just held in tight circles?

3 Likes

Didn’t you do a grow report on the Cobra Lips, nube? On breedbay, maybe? I remember seeing a pretty thorough report on that somewhere a few years back, when I was trying to decide if I wanted to grab those seeds or not. I also remember reading the report and thinking,”Nah, I don’t want those.” Which in no way is an indictment of those seeds. I think at the time, I was feeling very anti-Chem, so maybe I was just looking for a reason, any reason, to not grab those haha.

7 Likes

Sounds like it. Nube just said,”

That’s fucking ridiculous. “Restricted from sharing it”??? Fuck. Youuuuuuu haha.

7 Likes

@nube @minitiger Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and experience!!! I’m at work now but will delve into your logs this evening.

I’m considering a side by side run of Cobra Lips and Greenpoint’s Copper Chem [Chem4 x (Chem4 x Chem D Bx2)] to hunt for a nice Chemmy mom. I have mostly full packs of each and think it would be fun project.

12 Likes