Bodhi Plant Guide

Same here. I’m smoking to get high. If a few rips from a nice bong or bag from a Volcano doesn’t do it, it’s bunk. If it’s a great high AND has awesome smell/taste it’s a true “elite” or whatever term is used these days.

15 Likes

There are terps that largely affect the high so I feel you there. I do prefer a long psychedelic high but if I am unable to KO off of it as well it’s bunk for me. I need both high (psychedelic), flavor/smell, length, looks, ability to knock out, pest/fungi/viral resistance & pain relief. If I only get 6/7 I trash it or work it down.

Edit: expanded what I look for.

5 Likes

I have a Mother’s Hashplant that has almost zero smell, and it’s the best thing I ever grew from seed. It only takes one or two hits to feel it and it lasts a couple of hours. No couch lock but not energetic either

42 Likes

I might have to go through the freebie pack I got of these sooner than later :eyes:

4 Likes

14 Likes

That bums me out, I just tossed one for bud rot issues (me, I have it all over). However, I have a little clone of her - based on this I will keep her, as she had virtually no nose. Thanks for mentioning it, I liked the plant a lot.

7 Likes

Definitely looks like a good donor for High/Look at the least.

2 Likes

Explain to me how there are so many different effects from different strains if it is the THC? The terpenes dictates the type of high the THC dictates the strength. All strains would be the same if it was only about the THC.

4 Likes

There’s over 100 different cannabinoids and we’ve only looked at a few :man_shrugging:

18 Likes

This. That’s why I don’t get when people hype up THC to the max. I’ve had flower kill diamonds in high/length.

9 Likes

Heck there are at least three types of trichomes. Three types of glandular trichomes are characterized based upon their surface morphology, namely bulbous, sessile, and stalked. Anyone stating flately that Terpenes have no effect and try to shut down convesations about terpenes have no curiosity and are intellectually lazy.

Google Scholar is your friend if you want to stay up to date of research.

Edit: β-myrcene is known to have the analgesic effect of THC and CBD by stimulating the release of endogenous opioids through the α2-adrenergic receptor dependent mechanism [68,69]. Thus, if the level of myrcene is >0.5%, it may result in a “couch lock” effect while low levels of myrcene can produce a higher energy

11 Likes

It’s a combination of the 100s of cannabinoids + terpene combinations. I’d assume there’s something else we can’t currently measure as well.

10 Likes

I did have one that was much more photogenic and handled the heat better (the one I kept does not like heat), but it was just like a monotonous dispensary type of high. I don’t remember it having much of a smell either

5 Likes

Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to shut you down, I was just trying to say that you shouldn’t give up on the one with no smell

6 Likes

How long did you run it for? I find for some strains remain at dispo level until 12-14 weeks of flower.

2 Likes

10 weeks. I usually do 12 minimum but this one was saying done to me

Edit: sorry that was for the keeper. I did the nonkeeper for 9 weeks, and I was disappointed in myself for not letting it go longer

5 Likes

Looks like a hp leaner!

3 Likes

I haven’t grown enough of them to know lol. I’ve done Babylon Buster and the Shishkaberry Old Widow cross and neither of those looked like that

9 Likes

Unicorn Milk. 60 days of 12/12.

38 Likes

Same plant. Unicorn Milk 60 days. She has a slightly spicy rose smell along with a soft vanilla type smell going on. The colas are rock hard as well. Im slightly nervous about bud rot.

45 Likes