Bodhi’s Good Medicine F2

Yeahhhh! Looking beautiful in there man. That new tent is so blindingly clean!! I love it. 2 males and lot’s of females to produce seeds, excellent for you! Shit’s getting real now son… I just flipped last night.

5 Likes

Looking good. I think you’ll be fine in those three gallons, I used to grow in those all the time. Just outta curiosity, what’s that Blue Gold you’re talking about? I googled it, but the only thing that came up was some N thing listed at 14-0-0.

4 Likes

It’s this stuff here:

Came recommended by Jeremy at Build-A-Soil in his 10x10 series. He uses this a couple times in the one quadrant in the tent he’s running this season using 5 gal pots. From reading thier label it’s just organic input that are “cold pressed”. From what I can gather this and the Organics Alive water soluble dry nutrients are the only products that he puts his stamp on that are designed for feeding the plants directly and still being organic by his definition, which is pretty rigorous, so I figured it was worth a shot during the Black Friday sale. Hoping that I won’t need it but keeping it as a back pocket fix

8 Likes

Looking great! Get ready for pollen flying EVERYWHERE. I hope you’re prepared. :wink:

6 Likes

i dont think i am!! :rofl: :rofl: but we’re all gonna find out together.

8 Likes

Feel like I put that $100 lowes gift card to good use here. For anyone in the market these things are on sale at $116 on lowes website. I think I’m in love!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

11 Likes

What do you think of that tent so far? It’s the one you were gifted, right?

Everything looking good dude, get ready for pollen to be flying everywhere. Those white walls will be yellow :yellow_heart:!

5 Likes

So far I love it, it takes some getting used to the way that it opens: zips down either side and then basically the whole front rolls up. But it’s really convenient to have such broad access to the inside, feels really solidly built too, very tight tolerances on the frame inside the skin, and thick overbuilt materials and zippers. I’d recommend it for sure. I also follow these guys on IG and they have I think 4x4s and 5x5s that open from 3 sides, which seems like It’d be the perfect tent for a big bed of living soil, allowing easier access to plants fixed in the back and whatnot. But yea, love the tent for sure!

6 Likes

Appreciate the info! I saw one on IG too, that’s what got me interested in them, as I’m looking for a new 4x4. Not sure how you’re planning on collecting the pollen, but I find it easier to turn off the fans when they’re getting close to opening sacs, that way the pollen doesn’t go quite as airborne.

5 Likes

Yea I had that thought earlier actually, this is week 3 so I’ll probably kill it tomorrow I think to be safe, been trying to keep an eye on them but I’m sure I’ll get caught off guard

5 Likes

Hey all, I need to poll the audience here, went in to shut off fans on the boys tent this morning and noticed a single pollen sac with what looks like a pistol growing out of it on the #3 pheno:

I’m curious if others agree that this looks like a sign of sexual instability? I scoped the whole plant and there are no other instances of this on it. I’m wondering what everyone thinks, my inclination is to just kill the plant and move forward with the #4 as the pollinator, but I’d like to have more than one male in the mix if I can, would just one pollen sack showing this trait be enough to warrant the chop?? Should I let it go and see if any others pop up?? Let me know your thoughts

10 Likes

I would keep an eye on it. Unless more than one, I wouldn’t stress over it.

8 Likes

Personally, I’d chop it. But it probably isn’t anything to worry about, like Reiko said. After my last run, when one of the plants hermed and seeded everything, though, I’m all about eliminating anything that has even the slightest chance of intersex traits haha. “Kill it. Kill it now…” haha.

5 Likes

yea, im torn, the other male i have is really catching my eye in terms of structure, havent gotten much of a stem rub up to this point, but i dunno, part of me says “Kill it” the other says to just hold off and see what else it does.

4 Likes

I think I would personally just keep an eye out man but leave it for now. Up to you though!

5 Likes

You’ve got more of the original f2 seeds, don’t you? You could always just do another seed run. And you could maybe include some of the f3’s you make with the one remaining male this run, if you wanted. I dunno. I don’t think we should all just be cool with the occasional herm, though. Breeders need to be doing some actual breeding and eliminating shit like that. Not saying you’re a breeder haha, I’m just saying… No more herms! No more herms! No more herms! Haha…

4 Likes

@minitiger i do have more of the F2s from sebring, i had that thought as well, ive got clones rooted/rooting of everything i have right now, so i could conceivably pollinate what ive got with my remaining male, grow out my clones, pop some more seeds and go on a hunt for another group of dudes (wow that sounds weird) and get an open pollination going that way. tough decisions all around, gonna have to marinate on this for the day i think.

4 Likes

Are you planning on sharing the seeds you make? If the seeds are just for you, do whatever you want, I think. But if you’re gonna spread them around, I’d do my best to keep any possible intersex stuff out of the equation. I keep thinking about, what if that was a female and you saw one single nannner? Would you keep her around? I wouldn’t. But that’s just me haha.

5 Likes

i wasnt planning on doing a signup or anything just because this is my first seed run, i don’t know how the quality of them will be, but im for sure planning on sharing what i have if theyre not complete shit. but you raise a good point, i wouldn’t want to be sharing unstable seeds with anyone

8 Likes

to further complicate the issue, i just opened the tent to peer into the plants eyes and think about things and noticed that a couple pollen sacs are opening and starting to dust leaves with pollen on that #3 pheno. kinda feels like another check in the box for killing this guy off, dropping pollen earlier than the other and a sign of potential instability. i think im probably gonna bag and tag this guy, i im gonna do this seed making thing i might as well do it right.

6 Likes