Bodhi Spirit Train- Trainwreck Pheno Hunt

For sure, this thread will wind down til I get back into the trainwreck pheno hunt later. My other random grows I typically post in here:

The crash may have also been from the 3 or 4 beers i had at dinner not to mention the fact I was getting up at 4am this week. Ha!

8 Likes

Capital work man…what’s it smell like? TW lemony-pinesol or something else?

4 Likes

No unfortunately it does not have that lemon pinesol/turkey dinner/sage smell. Almost no lemon pinesol. More like lemon lime or grapefruit pop, like upper 10 or squirt if you know what those are like.

The #7 leaned a bit towards that turkey dinner/sage but doesn’t get the lemon in cure like I was expecting. Hoping when I get into the f2s eventually ill find something closer to pure TW.

10 Likes

@newb2.0, are these the train wreck F2s sebring has up?

4 Likes

Yep sure are

5 Likes

I was going to ask the same thing. Are you thinking this is more “head stash” ? Like gets you high as fnck?
Do we have any medicinal value? Like pain relief, etc ?

3 Likes

I get blazed on it, some of the phenos hit harder than others that I grew… My wife needs pain relief and she likes it but also doesn’t necessarily like it just bc of the pain relief.

Pretty sure trainwreck has documented medicinal properties and I’d assume the Asad kashmir does as well.

7 Likes

Great journal! Thanks for making F2s and sending them around! Got a pack of the F2s - first of the kashmir crosses from Bodhi I’ve gotten, so will be interesting to potentially see all the different phenos in F2s.

6 Likes

Glad I was able to get them spread around. Not sure what the kashmir imparts, but look for real savory smells with a background of lemon/pine if you’re looking for tranwreck leaning phenos.

Please post up some pics on here, would love to see others’ grows of the F2s.

7 Likes

Sounds cool. F2s are interesting with all the different possibilities. Here’s Bodhi’s description of the Kashmir male:

“kasmir azad is from barefrog, its the same line i use in my kashmir crosses, its one of the best himalayan breeding plants i have ever come accross, … i call it the 3 p’s for aroma… pine, pickle and pink bubble gum… theres hash and herbs de provance too… but most phenos fall in one of the 3 catagories… incredibly grow friendly indoors, covered in frost, with a deep body hum and heady mind space. it is a crown jewel if you like asian mountain heirlooms…”-Bodhi

11 Likes

You got any more beans of this you’d want to trade ?

I’m on a massive hunt for any and all LEGIT trainwreck crosses, and being that I trust bodhi’s gear I’d love to include this, and any of his trainwreck crosses which I haven’t been able to track down … Yet…

Really interested in this and the trainwreck x hashplant he had

1 Like

I’m growing out some of the Spirit Train F2s in living soil - you mind if I share some pics on this thread?

9 Likes

Please do!

3 Likes

This is a week after being flipped to flower. Dropped 5 direct to the soil, 4/5 were females. I’ll keep sharing as they develop to see what different phenos come about. The stem rubs have been different over time so I really don’t know what to expect from the buds but I’m excited either way! They were very healthy from the jump so big thanks for doing this project :slight_smile:

16 Likes

They look very nice and healthy! Excited to see how it turns out for you, good luck!

1 Like

If u haven’t got your hands on any of the spirit train f2 I can help ya out, that was 1/2 of the Sebring giveaway I got and there was over 20 in there, a trade for something else to also try never hurts my feelings :wink:

2 Likes

I also like the sunflowers sticking out there!

1 Like

I finally had to chop some of the sunflowers! Worm food :smiley:

I wanted to ask you a question about the difference in stretch I’m seeing. Two of these girls hit the stretch immediately on week two while the other two are definitely slower to stretch. Did you see this at all in your grows and if you did what other traits did it come along with? I don’t know a ton abut the Kashmir 22, or the Trainwreck tbh, but I’m looking to learn a bit about what I’m growing here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I had 7 females out of 12 I believe, 1 male I scrapped, and open pollinated everything w the 4 males.

All 7 females were pretty consistent in growth/stretch, except 1. The 1 grew much taller/more robust and fatter buds.

1 out of 7 smelled unique- more like a trainwreck leaner that I was looking for vs all the rest. Hard to describe, but spicy. The rest had a lot of lemon-lime and almost an astringent cleaner or super glue kind of smell.

TW grows kind of floppy with a lot of branches, not sure about the kashmir. I was looking for the classic trainwreck smell/taste- I describe the up front smell as sage like- kind of like breakfast sausage or a turkey dinner. With a whole lot of lemon pledge/pine sol in the background. Concentrates made from TW were straight lemon pine sol- if I remember correctly from 15+ years ago…

Just keep in mind these are F2s, you’re looking at a lot more genetic variability than the breeder packs.

5 Likes

BTW- if you’re worried about more stretch, I’d say you’ve got a fair amount to go still based on those photos. You could scroll up and look at my photos in here- stretch was manageable, but pretty sure they all put on a lot more than what you’re showing. Looking good tho!!

4 Likes