Bodhi Testers: Black Triangle and Dragonsoul X Strawberry Milk

I popped 7 seeds from each pack. I got 3 Dragonsoul females and a whopping 6 Black Triangle girls. All males were culled. Interestingly enough, almost all of the Dragonsoul crosses are “bleeders”. I topped all of my plants for space reasons and was very surprised to see dark red, sometimes purple liquid coming from them. There was only one male Dragonsoul that did not bleed this way.

FEMALES:
Dragonsoul = Pinesoul (Goji OG F2 select cut) x Dragon’s Blood F2 (Hawaiian Sativa × '88 G13/HP)

Black Triangle = Triangle Kush × '88 G13/HP

MALE:
Strawberry Milk = Nepali OG x Instant Karma (old school Bubba x Rez’s Sour Diesel IBL circa 2005)

34 Likes

I’m very curious about Black Triangle.

Also, I think the OP is missing some content. Edit?

4 Likes

:o2: Terp bomb incoming! :o2:

5 Likes

I did not expect to have 9 plants for my 4x4 but I could not bare the thought of culling a female. Let them all shine!

I grow in 3 gal fabric pots for flower using recycled organic soil amended each round. Quantum LED lighting in all my tents. These girls have all been topped and attempted to keep an even canopy without netting. They are now ready for flip so you all don’t have to wait through the boring stuff, lol.

Here we are today, ready to be up-potted and thrown into the flower tent. Dragonsouls (qty 3) in front, Black Triangles (qty 6) in the back.

33 Likes

Which QB do you have in the 4x4?

2 Likes

Is that black domina…it says black d

4 Likes

I think that’s a triangle, not D

6 Likes

A little strawberry to the Black Triangle would be delightful. I could see getting some strawberry baked good flavors out of it. I’ve always wanted a strawberry sharpie flavor. Maybe it could go that direction. Either way I’m on board.

8 Likes

just look at the list of testers the black triangle is the first to list with the dad SM :v:

3 Likes

HLG600 running about 75%.

8 Likes

I’ve got three V1 QB288s going in a 2x4, but I’ll have them dialed waaaay down.
They’re 3k, though, so no red supplement.

4 Likes

Yeah you’ll need to dial them down in that size tent. I run these 4 V2 288 3000k at 75% in the winter only, just for the extra heat. In summer I’m more like 50%. They are bright as hell.

4 Likes

I’m just finishing up a build with 8xQB132. I was going to get a HLG-480 but found two hlg-320’s for $50 a piece on ebay with shipping. So I’ll bet I’ll be dialed back to at least 75%. You get a lot of heat off that 600?

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a nice build. Having the chance to do it again I would likely have got more boards for a bigger spread and less wattage per board. But the HLG600 is a beast and was a damn good deal. Even in dead of winter I keep a mini fan blowing on top because it gets so hot, even dialed back. I’ve never run it full blast because I could never keep the plants far enough away to be happy. Even at 75% I notice some plants can’t handle the intensity. But I’ve never grown as big or as frosty buds as with this light. I’m guessing it would perform pretty damn well in a 5x5 at 100%.

10 Likes

Finally got all these ladies into bigger pots and in their final home 4x4 flower tent. 3 Dragonsouls in the right column, all the rest Black Triangle. Lord help me it’s about to be a jungle in here.

29 Likes

I took about 6 days off for traveling to family over the holidays. I had to setup my automatic watering system which is effectively this Orbit water timer connected to a 6-way distributor valve. I then use lots of aquarium tubing and t-junctions to split as many ways as needed. I had 13 plants that needed at least one watering in my absence, and luckily there were no deaths upon my return!

However, a couple of the Black Triangle crosses never had a chance to dry out after transplant, and the extra watering was just too much for them. All should rebound but I’m a little worried that the far left center plant might not make it. It’s terribly yellow and looks worse by the day. Hopefully a few days of LITFA should bring her back to green. Worse comes to worse, it might be nice to make some room for the others since I never expected to get 6 BT females anyways.

It seems the Black Triangles like my soil much more than the Dragonsouls who are acting like maybe it’s a bit too hot for them. Time will tell, and more importantly, I’ll have no more vacations. They will be getting my full attention from here on out.

30 Likes

That’s the thought that came to my mind when I saw that poor plant. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

I’ve personally never seen this before but one of the Dragonsoul X SM testers is developing pink inside the early bud formations. I don’t think it’s a deficiency as the plant is healthy overall. I’m excited to see where this goes. Maybe it’s just going to grow strawberries instead of bud.

27 Likes

A week later and the stretch appears to finally be done. I didn’t have the heart to kill the overwatered one, and it is slowly getting drier and turning green again. Only the tops remain but I think I’m going to let her be. It’s the least I can do after the suffering I caused her.

And look at the ridiculous internode spacing on these BT crosses. Yowza. Hopefully those flowers fill up into big golf ball nugs like I know the BT momma can do.

22 Likes

The ladies are in their 3rd week flowering now. The Dragonsoul plants all have a definite pine-heavy smell to them with some weird funk in the background, like rubber or something. Very odd smells I can’t easily place except for the pine. I’m not getting much smell yet from the Black Triangle crosses.

My re-used soil is on it’s 3rd run. I’m not sure if it’s the cold weather or how late in the game I amended it, but it’s just not performing as it usually does. I’m going to try dousing them with some Recharge in the coming days and hopefully that will give them a bit of a boost. It will be my first time using that product but I hear great things especially for living soil.

Otherwise things are moving along nicely. The Black Triangle plant that was almost dead is now growing again, and I still have yet to water it 3 weeks later! Poor thing, I may get a good 1/8th off of it all said and done, lol. The Dragonsoul crosses are definitely bulking up faster than the BT’s and seem to have better bud structure.

Dragonsoul X SM

Black Triangle X SM

28 Likes