Beacher seed project - Orange Goji X Everything

So I was hoping to wait until this was all done before posting, but now I have a couple questions. If you know anything about making seeds please feel free to skip to the last post if you can help lol

I had a couple males in the last batch of orange gojis i did and thought it would be cool to cross with some strains I had in my mother room.

MEET THE PARENTS

MALE - ORANGE GOJI 4

First the male, Orange Goji #4. On the left is the tester clone a couple weeks into flower showing some balls. I picked this over the other males because it looked slightly nicer and smelled a bit better lol. I used the original seedling on the right for this breeding project as it hadn’t been flowered yet.

LADIES

ORANGE GOJI 2

Orange goji 2 was a bit of a runt, but with a nice single cola structure. It smells and tastes of lime, fuel and a hint of that distinctive ‘Goji’ smell. A nice uplifting, clear buzz like all the gojis.

BLACKBERRY BREATH 6

This was smaller than my other BBBs, but is one of the frostiest plants I’ve ever grown. A nice earthy, berry smell and taste. Relaxing buzz.

49 Likes

LADIES (CONT)

MONSTER GIRL SCOUT COOKIES 2

My favorite of the 3 Girl Scout Cookies fems I won from Monster Genetics. A strong fruit punchy sort of smell and flavor with a hard hitting buzz, sativa leaning i’d say. This plant was a bit finicky about nutrients and didn’t yield as much as the other GSCs, but still a good yielder

ORANGE SUNSHINE

The only female of the few seeds I started. A smaller plant with angular branching and very dense buds. It was always nute sensitive for me even in veg. Banging sativa leaning high, clear and bright with a tangy orange smell and taste…very dank weed

GUAVA HASHPLANT x C99

The legendary g99. A big plant, very frosty and stinky. Vigorous af but sadly quite susceptible to powdery mildew in my environment. A pineapple/coffee/fuel smell and taste, very potent.

39 Likes

So first I had to build a little LOVE SHACK for this shit to go down in. I didn’t want anything in my basement around my big flowering plants, and I wanted something I could just take apart and put together whenever I needed.

First I built a base with a ‘skirt’

Then these two wall frames attach to the bottom with long bolts and nuts/washers.

These cross supports kinda tie it all together and give some structure to it. They attach with the same bolts and nuts I saved from broken lawn furniture lol

I made a frame for this little ‘Flower’ carbon scrubber and fan I bought a while ago

Some lightproof intakes along the bottom that come up through the floor.

Then a ‘roof’ that is basically the same as the base slides over everything to add a bit more structure to the whole thing. Wrap in black/white plastic and shes done.

I have a 7 in 1 fixture hanging in there with 4 15W LED bulbs for a whopping total of 75 WATTS!

24 Likes

DAY 1 - MAY 13

Here are the ladies in their new home at day 1 of 12/12. The GSC and Orange Sunshine were trimmed back mothers that had been alive in solo cups for months, the rest were freshly rooted clones also in solo cups.

25 Likes

Nice my friend your off to a great start

That’s some interesting crosses

8 Likes

DAY 5 - MAY 18 - MALE INTRODUCED

I waited a few days to put the male in to give the ladies a small (4 day) headstart. He’s in the middle in his black pot.

BLACKBERRY BREATH

GUAVA 99

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

ORANGE GOJI

MALE

ORANGE SUNSHINE

27 Likes

Can you save some pollen? If so freezing it will extend it shelf life

I’ve even flowed in a large Tupperware container
Paps

4 Likes

DAY 21 - JUNE 3

BLACKBERRY BREATH

GUAVA 99

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

MALE

ORANGE GOJI

ORANGE SUNSHINE

20 Likes

DAY 24 - JUNE 6 - POLLEN BEGINS

Mr OG 4 is a man now…

20 Likes

DAY 29 - JUNE 11 - POLLEN CONTINUES

BLACKBERRY BREATH

GUAVA 99

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

MALE

ORANGE GOJI

ORANGE SUNSHINE

27 Likes

nice project @beacher.! excited to see what happens with the GSC and even more that Dark Spark!

watching!

4 Likes

DAY 35 - JUNE 17 - POLLEN ENDS

Mr OG 4 has now been put out to pasture on the back porch as he is no longer making pollen. 11 days total of full pollenation action, shit was everywhere.

18 Likes

DAY 38 - JUNE 20

BONUS ORANGE GOJI x DARK SPARK

I had this nice purple dark spark outside in my garden. I would guess it was about 5 weeks into flowering at this point.

Every day i shook branches of the male into a clear soup container, put the lid on and took it outside to shake all over this lady. I wasn’t sure if it would take but it definitely did! This should be an interesting cross.

32 Likes

DAY 44 - JUNE 26

Plants are all good and pregnant and showing signs of swelling as the seeds grow.

BLACKBERRY BREATH

GUAVA 99

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

ORANGE GOJI

ORANGE SUNSHINE

30 Likes

What a fantastic project :smile:

I recently hit up everything I had running with an Orange Goji male as well, and am still sorting seeds lol.

Did ya save any pollen for future use? I managed to save a few packets myself, much less than I’d like though.

I look forward to seeing what you end up with. Your selections have me intrigued, especially that BBB and Orange Sunshine :smile:

11 Likes

DAY 67 - JULY 19

So here we are today. I assumed they would be done by now, but on some plants I’ll clearly see brown seeds busting out, but also green immature looking ones. (SEE BLACKBERRY PICS) I guess due to the difference in pollination time?

What should i do? If i wait on the green immature seeds will the brown ones become overripe or anything? I don’t want to lose any seeds here I have no idea how many I’ll get…

BLACKBERRY BREATH

RIPE SEED SHOWING

CLUSTER OF GREEN SEEDS

GUAVA 99

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

ORANGE GOJI

ORANGE SUNSHINE

22 Likes

I really like the orange sunshine…not to dis on the OG but the OSS grow and produce nice smoke. I killed one by accident 5 weeks in and amazed how good it was…had to rescue it from the trim bin. I’m going to run more OG seeds might be missing something.

7 Likes

No such thing as an overripe seed, imo. I’ve let them go for weeks longer than necessary due to a combination of illness and laziness, with no noticeable ill effects.

Having said that, sometimes you just get green seeds that never seen to ripen properly. I don’t know if it’s because of late pollination and the plant runs out of steam, or what. As long as you have enough that are properly ripe, it’s all good :wink:

16 Likes

Thats it for now, thanks for looking. I was hoping to wait until these were all done before posting so I could see how many I end up getting. I’m not planning on keeping most of these, so anyone who has hooked my up with beans in the past will hopefully get some. I should have used bigger pots and vegged them a few days longer, I think I would have gotten tons more seeds.

18 Likes

@Papalag and @Howard.Crane i tried to save some pollen but it kept clumping up in our super high humidity

@Jjm yes the orange sunshine is killer. I still have a few seeds of it I’ll try in the future.

10 Likes